Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 11
11-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
Which is funny, cause it only used cannons in the 2009 movie(as I recall), and that was technically a different ship.

Edit: The Light Cruiser starter ships can use DCs and DHCs.
But in Balance of Terror the TOS Enterprise's phasers fired like cannons so it could do it in the Primeverse too.
Republic Veteran
# 12
11-04-2013, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
Which is funny, cause it only used cannons in the 2009 movie(as I recall), and that was technically a different ship.
Watch Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock. The phasers there fire more like cannons, just with large firing arcs (or turrets). And some episodes of ToS had phasers being fired more like big single-shot cannons, like Balance of Terror.
____
Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
Captain
# 13
11-05-2013, 02:03 PM
The Galaxy X can fire the Sau Paulo quad phaser cannons.

Sometimes I run the quads on my Galaxy X for fun with x2 dual beam banks and the wide angle quantums from the Regent. just for a bit of fun.

However the quads do run their power off the engines taking power away from them, to off set this I have a XI purple warp-core that gives me engine power plus a boost to the weapon systems.

Some other facts about the galaxy X.
The ship because of the superphaser is best used with an all phaser build. I use x3 purple xi phaser relays. The superphaser is affected by the relays and gets a boost from them.

Yes the ship needs a big buff but its still no pushover. In the right hands it can be a useful and effective ship in combat.
A member of Romulan Intelligence. A fleet with over 400 members growing daily, friendly, relaxed, fun. We are the only fleet with the pure name of Romulan Intelligence. Welcome to the Tal Shiar. Look us up in game.

My You Tube new ESD tour Vid part 1: http://youtu.be/2CFCMkr830Y