Captain
# 2551
10-28-2013, 06:49 AM
I had a pretty bad experience (also, I just noticed that the title of the thread says experiance):

so, I set up a new build, I skill every boff up, and go into CSE. after a cycle or two I see that the timers are all wonky. I check, and for whatever reason my skillpoints were not allocated O.o (now I know there is a bug, where you have to wait before you can accept the skillpoints, but I did wait it out, and I did accept it).

no problem, out of battle, screwing up my combatlog for the test, skilling up again. back to the fight, when someone writes on me if I wanna nws farm. while replying I manage to turn off, and mess up my combatlog even further. quickly turn it back on, and I just notice a damned heavy torp coming my way, as I forgot to set my pets on intercept (I was in a CRF build, and I usually run with CC builds). so I died, making my combatlog totally useless.

so yeah, it was my worst experience, I wasted 4 minutes on a totally useless dps test ^^
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Career Officer
# 2552
11-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Had an annoying one earlier - not the worst by any count, but not great either.

We all warped in - the team comprised of myself (Sci, using Vesta), two Avengers and two Obelisks.

One of the Obelisk's was being used by a mildly arrogant, but not actually all that unpleasant, player using a tac character. As the mission progressed he made various boastful comments about how he had the highest DPS. We got to taking down the first Generator, and it was progressing quite slowly (despite said player's supposedly superior DPS) so I set my Quantum Phaser on it, which combined with everyone else's firepower, made pretty short work of it.

We combat the spheres. Captain DPS takes a beating from them, apparently having absolutely NO resists for the sphere shield drains. I heal him - he nonetheless repeats the process and subsequently explodes.

Captain DPS respawns, and instead of helping mop spheres up proceeds to heal one of the Avengers, who didn't actually NEED healing.

We move to Generator two. He pops a transformer and congratulates himself for his superior DPS again. All transformers explode, and I move to slow the nanite spheres down, fearing a repeat of what occurred on Generator one. Captain DPS, in the meantime, explodes, courtesy of a normal sphere. I move to heal one of the Avengers with my Vesta's fermion field; sadly - this took my Quantum phaser out of commission, and a nanite sphere reaches the generator, which was at 20%, and heals it.

Another pointless comment from Captain DPS, but we mop the spheres up and move to the gate. I heal the other Obelisk, which was actually doing fine and, to that point, had been playing through the mission quite nicely.

Anyway - to cut to the chase, after much of the same we finnished the mission, and Captain DPS, who had been recording DPS, posts our DPS output with himself at the top.
Not sure how he managed that, but nonethless, he was top, I was the lowest DPS producer, but then considering I spent quite a bit of time healing, I wasn't very surprised by that.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Rihannsu
# 2553
11-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Not sure how he managed that, but nonethless, he was top, I was the lowest DPS producer, but then considering I spent quite a bit of time healing, I wasn't very surprised by that.
most likely the same way pretty much everyone parsing ISE manages so-called 'High DPS' numbers - spamming FAW all over the place racks up the numbers, even if you're doing bugger all as far as effective damage goes

of course, that would only apply if he actually WAS using FAW...if not, i'm not sure how else he might've managed it
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Ensign
# 2554
11-01-2013, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
Sometimes I feel like loading a rainbow build, with all directed energy consoles, show people how it's done. If you gotta rainbow, taste the rainbow, u gotta do it yourself.
what is this rainbow beam you guys speak of?
Captain
# 2555
11-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaystarwars View Post
what is this rainbow beam you guys speak of?
A rainbow/skittles boat is when you equip different energy types to a ship causing an array of different colours. Rainbow is for beams(steady flow of energy, skittles is for cannons.(little bursts)

You would use the +all beam damage or +all cannon damage consoles which are far inferior to specific energy types
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Ensign
# 2556
11-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
A rainbow/skittles boat is when you equip different energy types to a ship causing an array of different colours. Rainbow is for beams(steady flow of energy, skittles is for cannons.(little bursts)

You would use the +all beam damage or +all cannon damage consoles which are far inferior to specific energy types
ok cool, thanks
Ensign
# 2557
11-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Some guy a few pages back was talking about doing ISE in 3.5 minutes or somesuch and getting called a cheater. I just want to take a moment to relate a similar event that occurred the other night, but from the other direction.

I hadn't played my Galor in a while, finally started picking it back up again, and wanted to get my 90 borg marks so I jumped into an ISE. Three DHC Avengers and a Wells, plus me. I hit tab, target the cube, it's dead. I blink. The hell just happened? I target a sphere, there are no spheres, they're dead already. The "I scanned the generators blah blah" screen pops up, and I'm in shock. I haven't even MOVED yet, and everything is dying. So I motor on over to the left cube, it's dead. I target one generator and start hammering, the other three are dead, and then my goes 90%, 20%, dead. By now I can see the cannons, those angry, angry cannons comes from the Avengers. The Wells is dropping gravity wells and crazy shenanigans everywhere, and the Avengers just cannon volley fire and wipe out all the probes and spheres in 4 seconds flat.

We scoot over to the other side for a repeat performance, then the gate and sphere are all that remains. The gate goes down in 45 seconds, give or take. The cube, 30 or less. The whole mission, with ~11.5 still on the clock. I look at all these Avengers and their Wells compatriot, and they're all from the same fleet. Phoenix something-or-other. I thanked them all profusely, applauded them, and then got the hell out of there because their DPS scared the **** out of me.

Most amazing ISE I have ever played.
Captain
# 2558
11-02-2013, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smid View Post
with ~11.5 still on the clock.
meh....

on topic:

so Gorn Minefield. this is not rly a bad experience for me, because I have loads of fun with it, but I guess many ppl suffer from those, who just go to the enemies' next spawn, so they can get as much dmg on the relevant enemies as possible. GM is a faulty mission in it self, but having no spawn timer, is one of the biggest issue. as far as I am concerned, I do not rly care, even with me being a sci, there are only rare occasions, when I do not get first place (even then I mess up usally).

but I know ppl with lower dps, and less knowledge of whats what, they suffer from these idiots, who care not about finishing up, leaving it to the others.

so today I got a bunch of those (rarely have I 4 of these wonderplayers with me in there, 1-2 is usually in the game, but when you have 4, the real fun begins... ) in a GM. they go to the first spawn right when we have finished the 20 frigates, leaving 3 ships for me to be set free. and guess what. I just noticed that we have 9 fleet projects just opening up (yeah we do these at the same time ). well it was as good a time as any, to start filling up stuff ^^

by the time I finished with 6 projects, I noticed 2 of our heroes came back. so I just waited for them to finish (I am not going forward, I am not that evil). when they finish, I warp there (so I am still in front of them). we kill the stuff, I am fairly confident I am up front with DPS, so I am calm as hell, when I see, that they have left 2 facilities at 2/3, I finish up one quickly, and move next to the other.

oh, and look, I just noticed that I have finished the gorn minefield daily as well, what better time, to hail it, and finish it? yep, I sat there a bit, chatted in the other channels, when I see, the same to guys, getting bored of me, not repairing the thing, so they can pewpew away.

this time, I tried to get my point through, jumping to impulse the minute they arrived. but in the end fight I did use sensor scan and APB, so noone can blame me for not supporting my team, while taking the first place reward (was crap tho, got me around 200k EC only, but I had loads more fun in the mission, than usually)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Career Officer
# 2559
11-04-2013, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smid View Post
Some guy a few pages back was talking about doing ISE in 3.5 minutes or somesuch and getting called a cheater. I just want to take a moment to relate a similar event that occurred the other night, but from the other direction.

I hadn't played my Galor in a while, finally started picking it back up again, and wanted to get my 90 borg marks so I jumped into an ISE. Three DHC Avengers and a Wells, plus me. I hit tab, target the cube, it's dead. I blink. The hell just happened? I target a sphere, there are no spheres, they're dead already. The "I scanned the generators blah blah" screen pops up, and I'm in shock. I haven't even MOVED yet, and everything is dying. So I motor on over to the left cube, it's dead. I target one generator and start hammering, the other three are dead, and then my goes 90%, 20%, dead. By now I can see the cannons, those angry, angry cannons comes from the Avengers. The Wells is dropping gravity wells and crazy shenanigans everywhere, and the Avengers just cannon volley fire and wipe out all the probes and spheres in 4 seconds flat.

We scoot over to the other side for a repeat performance, then the gate and sphere are all that remains. The gate goes down in 45 seconds, give or take. The cube, 30 or less. The whole mission, with ~11.5 still on the clock. I look at all these Avengers and their Wells compatriot, and they're all from the same fleet. Phoenix something-or-other. I thanked them all profusely, applauded them, and then got the hell out of there because their DPS scared the **** out of me.

Most amazing ISE I have ever played.
I love instances like that. They don't happen often - sadly, more often than not they wind up being worthy of a post in this very thread - but the ones that go like the one you describe are a sight to behold.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Survivor of Romulus
# 2560
11-05-2013, 02:10 PM
OMG

Me and 4 obelisk carriers
Ii think i dont need to explain the details, you get the point

R.R.W. NIGHTHAWK / R.R.W. CONDOR / R.R.W. NARADA