Captain
# 111
11-05-2013, 12:28 PM
also Cryptic should consider by now that there's 3 other Rep Systems also too (Omega, Romulan & Nukara), Do they think that newer players or old players with new characters gonna get caught up in this Ultimate Grind Fest... gonna repeat this again ''Ultimate Grind Fest'' which is what it is... my lil brother decided to say **** the Rep System altogether because it takes too much time and takes too long to get anything. The Dyson Rep suppose to change this, but with these current changes, it's even worst for people with mutiple characters and new players characters.

Dyson Rep store Mk XII items should cost the same as their counterpart MK XII Rep store items in terms of marks.

Dyson Marks Projects should be around 250-300 points to compensate with increased Rep Project cost if they don't want to do that, then they should put the Dyson Rep Project cost back to the way it was.

Last edited by oakland4life; 11-05-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 112
11-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Others have articulated the rationale behind my feelings quite well, so let me just say this is probably one of the worst decisions Cryptic has made.

I will probably try it on one toon but I clearly do not have the time or inclination to replicate this effort on my alts even with the 2x token (until that's nerfed) we will allegedly get.
Captain
# 113
11-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonulinu2 View Post
Others have articulated the rationale behind my feelings quite well, so let me just say this is probably one of the worst decisions Cryptic has made.
No, this is pretty bad, but the title still belongs to the "streamlined" character creator in CO. It hides around 75% of the free costume options, and the very fact that there are paid costumes or Archetypes that can be purchased, until you get your first character to tenth level - and even then you have to discover it accidentally, as there's no announcement when the options open up again.
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Commander
This patch has introduced a shiny new ground battlezone bug. The voth technicians who push back the devices on some of the capture points become immortal on occasion. It might be related to them receiving damage while porting to the console.
Captain
# 115
11-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Oh Cryptic, Cryptic, Cryptic, I am disappoint... I thought you might have learned the lessons from season 7... but instead you take a perfectly good (almost enjoyable) rep with more tolerable to get gear and then make it the same as the others.

I urge you to reconsider this course of action as it will do naught but annoy your customers.
Career Officer
# 116
11-05-2013, 05:00 PM
It seems people have forgotten one thing: The Double Rep XP tokens.

Compare it to having to do rep on multiple characters as it currently stands.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the cost increase either... it seems patently stupid (which is typical Cryptic thinking when it comes to game economies), but the only saving grace is this whole setup is the Double Rep XP tokens for people with multiple characters.

My advice would be grind out in this system to T5 with one character, ignore the gear, and pump out the tokens for your alts. That will cut time for alts in half.

-END OF LINE

Last edited by danteandersen; 11-05-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Commander
# 117
11-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danteandersen View Post
It seems people have forgotten one thing: The Double Rep XP tokens.

Compare it to having to do rep on multiple characters as it currently stands.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the cost increase either... it seems patently stupid (which is typical Cryptic thinking when it comes to game economies), but the only saving grace is this whole setup is the Double Rep XP tokens for people with multiple characters.

My advice would be grind out in this system to T5 with one character, ignore the gear, and pump out the tokens for your alts. That will cut time for alts in half.

-END OF LINE
Does not change the fact that the gear is way over priced. I was planning to do it with just 1 or 2 characters then using the token to level up the others but the increased price of the gear means that even after capping the rep I am unlikely to have enough for more then one item of anything, I'll end up spending weeks doing nothing but these missions to get enough DM for 2 more items. Its going to cause a lot of burn out on these fights.

It also deals a heavy blow to the usability of the 350/5 token project. Its hard to justify spending 350 DM on 5 tokens when I'll need all the DM I can get for the gear. 3600 DM for a full space set is painful.
Lieutenant
# 118
11-06-2013, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengoz View Post
Bwhahahahahaha! I am dying at some of these comments. C'mon you cant really have thought that Cryptic was going to LOWER the prices on things and make things easier or less grindy.

Too funny. I guess you all forgot when they said "price in the C-Store are going to lower after free to play."
considering they have said serval times and even said it in a few videos.

yeah maybe they should stop going on podcasts and live streaming if they are talking out of their ......
Captain
# 119
11-06-2013, 10:21 AM
The more marks needed for the Set items is bad, but the fact that the free consoles now sell for ec is a good one.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Career Officer
# 120
11-06-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm gonna say this: If you're gonna charge prices that are comparable to STF prices, you better sure as hell offer STF-level utility. The sets that you are currently offering are not worth their value.

It's bad enough that this time-gate nonsense is not casual-gamer friendlily. But this is just redonkulous..