Lieutenant
# 51
10-30-2013, 01:28 PM
So if you were to have only one tactical console slot (like on my Cruiser Refit) would you be better off with one of the energy type fleet consoles or a traditional very rare MK XII energy type console?

I currently have a energy type very rare MK XI console on my ship, just wondering if there is any advantage to upgrading to either of the above consoles and if so which one.

Many Thanks!
Empire Veteran
# 52
10-30-2013, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethorogood View Post
So if you were to have only one tactical console slot (like on my Cruiser Refit) would you be better off with one of the energy type fleet consoles or a traditional very rare MK XII energy type console?

I currently have a energy type very rare MK XI console on my ship, just wondering if there is any advantage to upgrading to either of the above consoles and if so which one.
I'd suggest sticking with current energy type consoles. If not heavily specced into crits and other tac skills, "pressure" dps will work better and more consistently in the longer run.
I'm guessing this might be the case for engineers and sci captains in builds with lt tac boff only and not much of the tac oriented captain skills specced into.

Of course I could be wrong. No one has testing data for proper comparisons yet afaik.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Fleet Corsair, Voth Fighter. Favs - Mogh, Bastion, Monbosh, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Tholian Weaver
Cryptic Studios Team
# 53
11-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Hi all,

I thought I would pop in and make you aware of some improvements we'll be making to the Spire's Tactical consoles due to player feedback. Here are the patch notes that will hit Tribble sometime in the near future:

Tactical Consoles

-Improved the damage type (Disruptor, Phaser, Chroniton, etc.) bonus on Vulnerability Exploiter and Vulnerability Locator Mk XII fleet consoles from 25.5% to 31.9%.
-Improved the weapon type (Torpedo, Beam, Cannon and Mines) bonus on Vulnerability Exploiter and Vulnerability Locator Mk XII fleet consoles from 22.3% to 27.9%.

These changes were made to make these consoles closer in potency to those found in the Embassy and Dilithium Mine.

Regards,
Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski
Survivor of Romulus
# 54
11-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Unbelievable. You guys at cryptic have lost the plot completely. The changes made in the last 48hours have all been insane.
Captain
# 55
11-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorngonzolla View Post

Tactical Consoles

-Improved the damage type (Disruptor, Phaser, Chroniton, etc.) bonus on Vulnerability Exploiter and Vulnerability Locator Mk XII fleet consoles from 25.5% to 31.9%.
-Improved the weapon type (Torpedo, Beam, Cannon and Mines) bonus on Vulnerability Exploiter and Vulnerability Locator Mk XII fleet consoles from 22.3% to 27.9%.

Regards,
Well done, you have now officially killed off console crafting - consoles, strange/powered artefacts will now crash and the Doffs associated with them will crash also
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Lt. Commander
# 56
11-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Wow. That's just... wow.

Bye bye economy, it was nice knowing you!
Commander
# 57
11-05-2013, 06:01 PM
If there bound on pickup i.e not sellable then it might not effect the 30% consoles on holodeck now. If they are sellable then yeah the 30% consoles for 30 mill a pop will crash and ruin the economy i.e no way now really to make millions easy enough well RNG not counting when doing fab console missions accross a few toons.
Lt. Commander
# 58
11-05-2013, 06:03 PM
cptskeeteruk: They'll be bound, but it still won't matter, since the demand for the non-fleet versions will plummet once a better product is available for less and easier effort.
Commander
# 59
11-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorngonzolla View Post
Hi all,

I thought I would pop in and make you aware of some improvements we'll be making to the Spire's Tactical consoles due to player feedback. Here are the patch notes that will hit Tribble sometime in the near future:

Tactical Consoles

These changes were made to make these consoles closer in potency to those found in the Embassy and Dilithium Mine.

Regards,
Great changes, better than I could have hoped for. Thanks.
Fed Fleet: Kodiak Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20) | KDF Fleet: Imperial Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20)
Commander
# 60
11-05-2013, 06:22 PM
I both celebrate tac consoles being put on par with the rest of fleet gear and weep that fleet gear is pure unabashed power creep.