Captain
# 71
11-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
Best news of the day. The 30 million for a console economy needed destroyed, frankly.
But on the other hand now the best gear can't be found, can't get from a lucky drop, can't be crafted, can't be traded for. The only way to get these is join a fleet large enough to get their spire to T3, and pay The House their cut.

Was bad enough on the power-creep mine consoles, but at least there you could buy lower grade and you're only packing one or two per ship. This? FFS
Commander
# 72
11-05-2013, 07:20 PM
To sum it all up, the small minority of players that actually go through the tedious process of crafting consoles, it sucks to be you right now. For the vast majority that either paid the ridiculous prices for these consoles or did without them, this is a great change.
Fed Fleet: Kodiak Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20) | KDF Fleet: Imperial Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20)
Rihannsu
# 73
11-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Best news of the day. The 30 million for a console economy needed destroyed, frankly.
This^^^^^^
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samir Bennal, Captain of the Onyxhammer
Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
Lt. Commander
# 74
11-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
The only way to get these is join a fleet large enough to get their spire to T3, and pay The House their cut.
No, you just need to join a fleet at T1 and provisions, then get invited to another fleet's spire to buy them.

And this change is great because top consoles are now so easy to get. Because of the 30 mil console market, the best ships are the ones whose players could afford them. This puts everyone on a much more even playing field, at the expense of making PvE even more laughably easy than it already is.
Career Officer
# 75
11-05-2013, 07:57 PM
If anything this is just going to make the other things that cost a lot of EC more expensive, because I now don't have to spend 100-200 million EC for a top ship on consoles - but players with a massive EC hoard are going to outbid players on other things EC can still buy: lockbox ships, lockbox doffs, and lockbox traits; and unlike consoles, there's really no "next best alternative" for the doffs and traits (e.g. Marion).

But I guess it's better to have an economy where the only things worth buying off the exchange are items that people (directly or indirectly) paid real money for (right)? (edit, that seemed snarky but I didn't really mean it to be. It's more of a legitimate question)

Last edited by blackout8888; 11-05-2013 at 08:02 PM. Reason: tone.
Captain
# 76
11-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor63549 View Post
fleet gear is pure unabashed power creep.
Not really. Fleet ships, lockbox ships and C-store ship packs are pure unabashed power creep. The slightly better ultra rare fleet gear is not that big a creep compared to the ships. The only way for power creep to really do a number on the game is if they raise the level cap and introduce T6 ships. Then we're all screwed.
Republic Veteran
# 77
11-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Quote:
This!!!

It's a great change, it kills of the "Console factories" and allows players with less than a bazillion EC to equip their "minor characters" (alts) with decent gear.
Captain
# 78
11-05-2013, 09:47 PM
I dont think it will destroy the console market, it will knock it down for sure but it will still be lucrative.

Neutronium Mk XII consoles are still selling for 8 million EC and people swore they would be vendor trash
Career Officer
# 79
11-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Well that's one way to get everyone's attention. So when these hit Tribble, it should be epic to see the feedback.
~My current ship and build~
Career Officer
# 80
11-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard88 View Post
thx for throwing to the trash months and months of work for get my MK XII purple consoles.
That is exactly why I never did that. It's min/maxing as far as I am concerned. The 30 Mill consoles are trash as soon as something fleet wise comes out (the story now) or when the level cap increases... whenever that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacsheadroom View Post
Not really. Fleet ships, lockbox ships and C-store ship packs are pure unabashed power creep. The slightly better ultra rare fleet gear is not that big a creep compared to the ships. The only way for power creep to really do a number on the game is if they raise the level cap and introduce T6 ships. Then we're all screwed.
A new level cap means new harder content. They also said their wouldn't be tier6 ships or that they would have to come up with a mechanic for upgrading ships. I would be pretty ticked if the ship I just paid 2500 zen for was old hat... Harder enemies, better gear, that's what a level cap increase brings
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 11-05-2013 at 10:48 PM.