Commander
# 221
10-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admirison View Post
1. The ability to place single NPC enemies or otherwise customize group sizes. Sometimes you just want to fight one Changeling or one Bird of Prey instead of a whole squad.
Seconded. Imagine, say, "Balance of Terror" with a whole bunch of Romulan ships... just wouldn't be the same, even if only one captain was doing all the hailing. Well, the devs know that perfectly well, as proved by the number of episode missions that make expert use of a single, memorable baddie.

Likewise, need to be able to beam in your Captain alone. See: all the stupid places Captain Kirk beamed into alone.

Quote:
3. Being able to stun or disable enemies instead of just killing them. I have one mission in particular where I'd much rather be disabling opposing starships and leaving them dead in space than blowing them up with all hands.
Yes. I mean, quite apart from all the plot options it opens up (think about it), we're supposed to be playing as Starfleet for heaven's sake. Why would we be murdering everyone between us and the McGuffin as the default option? Unless it's one of those great "who's the real bad guy here?" stories, of course, but those tend to need even MORE customisation, not less.

Quote:
5. Optional objectives. I don't know -- this might be more complex to do than the other four, but they exist in stock missions as it is, so it seems like it would be doable. Sometimes you need to do something to keep a player from feeling like she's just being railroaded through the mission.
Yes. And, if possible, branching plotlines, but failing that, this would fill the gap pretty nicely.
Captain
# 222
10-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Bajoran Militia costume options. As it is, I have five Bajoran troopers faking it using Antares 3 jackets, TWOK belts and pants, various boots depending on rating, and no combadges.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Lieutenant
# 223
10-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat140 View Post
Seconded. Imagine, say, "Balance of Terror" with a whole bunch of Romulan ships... just wouldn't be the same, even if only one captain was doing all the hailing. Well, the devs know that perfectly well, as proved by the number of episode missions that make expert use of a single, memorable baddie.

Likewise, need to be able to beam in your Captain alone. See: all the stupid places Captain Kirk beamed into alone.

Yes. I mean, quite apart from all the plot options it opens up (think about it), we're supposed to be playing as Starfleet for heaven's sake. Why would we be murdering everyone between us and the McGuffin as the default option? Unless it's one of those great "who's the real bad guy here?" stories, of course, but those tend to need even MORE customisation, not less.

Yes. And, if possible, branching plotlines, but failing that, this would fill the gap pretty nicely.
You can do those with some trickery and a bit of imagination.

I haven't tried it for space but if you want to fight one guy couldn't you choose a NPC enemy group, isolate one or the strongest for the group, place him where you want and place the rest of the NPC enemy group behind an invisible walled room far away surrounded by powerful NPC friendly.

Isolating the captain is a tricky but doable one. You can spawn him in a corner so your team gets trapped behind a wall, sometimes it works well, sometimes not. Another good one is the t teleport trick, you're almost always isolated when it works. But it would only work 90% of the time for me.

I stun or disable by defeating the NPC enemy then having an NPC contact wearing the same costume become invisible. You'd still see the explosion or beam though but people understand what,s going on.

Optional objects just wouldn't appear in your mission tray or map. I just point it out with dialog. You,d need to use markers, hidden objects and visible/invisible chains.

Although it would nice to have all these as a clickable feature, especially branching plotlines and endings.
Starfleet Veteran
# 224
10-31-2013, 06:49 AM
The Virinat map, 2012 Winter Jackets, and the Vulcan D'kyr.
Survivor of Romulus
# 225
10-31-2013, 10:48 AM
The D'Kyr is available in the costume creator along with the Vulcan shuttle.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Commander
# 226
10-31-2013, 10:59 AM
"Eyes shut" and "Smiling" animations for dialogue. (Does Horace Jones (of Nimbus) already have a smiling animation, or does he just have that kind of face? If so, advice on drawing that kind of face, please?)
Captain
# 227
11-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Department Heads in dialogue boxs

On our DOFF manager we have the options to set our BOFFS as Department heads, first officer, medial officer, Security etc

This i think could be real useful, A first officer dialogue could be valuable for Foundry missions ( normally i would default to the players Tac officer since they are most likely in Red and thats the command colour since TNG, but i think it would be nice to use whatever BOFF the player has chosen to be their XO )

as well as the option to bring up a Medical officer, since not all science officers are doctors of medicine ,Starfleet have Doctors of astrophysicists too, and i doubt they have that much medical training

Just like the subtle differance between Tactical officer and Security Officer

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Commander
# 228
11-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Seconded. Especially the medical officer, that's the hardest to work around in my opinion. I'm currently writing a mission in which a passenger develops weird symptoms and is hauled off to sickbay, where tests reveal that it's a great deal weirder than you thought it was... (I love TOS!) OK, it would just about do to have the test results reported by the highest-ranking science officer, but the medical officer would be so much better.

In fact, there currently seems to be a bug with the "Department Heads" thing in the DOff window. I keep finding that the allocations have changed while my back's turned. That'd have to be fixed before it could be used for the Foundry, but it needs fixing anyway otherwise there's no point having that feature. (It may have some connection to who's currently on your Away Team. Today while I was doing an away team mission on which I hadn't brought an Engineering officer, I found that the Engineering and Operations department head slots had gone blank and the drop-down menus for them were empty.)
Captain
# 229
11-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Yeah, the department heads selectors have been broken since LOR launched. Before they let us pick department heads in the Foundry they should probably fix that bug first.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Starfleet Veteran
# 230
11-05-2013, 08:36 PM
Another thing I'd like to see is the Brea ground map used when you kill Hakeev.