Rihannsu
# 101
11-06-2013, 04:40 AM
And My first reviews for this entry are in, and the survey says:

@weiir1:

Very interesting perspective on the Iconian Empire in the Andromeda galaxy! I'm really looking forward to reading more from you!

@sharpie65:

Short, sweet, and to the point. All in all, a very good entry.

@icegavel:

Very interesting entry with lots of very good dialog. I can't help but shake the feeling that I've heard the name Kopaka somewhere else though...

@buck311:

Very interesting to read something from the perspective of someone who is more curious of the Iconians rather that simply fearful or nervous.

@marcusdkane:

Interesting entry! Although, the Admiral forgot to tell Captain Palmer that the Athena was going to be in the area as well. On a semi-unrelated note, you said that you can't get in game due to computer problems? Do you have any specific idea what's going on?

At any rate, I'll read a few more and post reviews when I can.
Vice Admiral Bryan Mitchel Valot
Commanding officer: Odyssey class U.S.S. Athena
Admiral of the 1st Assault Fleet
Captain
# 102
11-06-2013, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironphoenix113 View Post
Interesting entry! Although, the Admiral forgot to tell Captain Palmer that the Athena was going to be in the area as well. :-D On a semi-unrelated note, you said that you can't get in game due to computer problems? Do you have any specific idea what's going on?
Edited to include the Athena in the briefing Glad you enjoyed it, it was originally only the promotion/briefing scene, but after making comments about how Amanda would deal with it hitting the fan, I decided to show a bit of that preparation as well Might even have her do more driving in another entry

As for the computer... The tower powers up 'apparently' as per normal, but the monitor remains in standby... Probably nothing major, but just more than I can be bothered to get fixed, as my iPad gives me enough net access for my day to day shenanigans (although I would love to be able to actually play the game, not just participate in the LCs )
Rihannsu
# 103
11-06-2013, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Edited to include the Athena in the briefing Glad you enjoyed it, it was originally only the promotion/briefing scene, but after making comments about how Amanda would deal with it hitting the fan, I decided to show a bit of that preparation as well Might even have her do more driving in another entry

As for the computer... The tower powers up 'apparently' as per normal, but the monitor remains in standby... Probably nothing major, but just more than I can be bothered to get fixed, as my iPad gives me enough net access for my day to day shenanigans (although I would love to be able to actually play the game, not just participate in the LCs )
Hmm...So that narrows down considerably. At this point, I'd say it's either a problem with your graphics card (which seems more likely (to me), as graphics cards are often one of the first parts to fail in a computer), or a problem with the monitor (in this case, it would either be damage to plug for the graphics card, or (more likely) the cable connecting your monitor to the graphics card is broken (which is also highly likely). If you have another graphics card or monitor (or at least its cables) lying around, try swapping each of the items I suggested out. Otherwise, you'll probably just have to purchase a new part.
Vice Admiral Bryan Mitchel Valot
Commanding officer: Odyssey class U.S.S. Athena
Admiral of the 1st Assault Fleet
Captain
# 104
11-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironphoenix113 View Post
Hmm...So that narrows down considerably. At this point, I'd say it's either a problem with your graphics card (which seems more likely (to me), as graphics cards are often one of the first parts to fail in a computer), or a problem with the monitor (in this case, it would either be damage to plug for the graphics card, or (more likely) the cable connecting your monitor to the graphics card is broken (which is also highly likely). If you have another graphics card or monitor (or at least its cables) lying around, try swapping each of the items I suggested out. Otherwise, you'll probably just have to purchase a new part.
Yeah, I figured it's something to do with the graphics card, the fans were starting to make some awful noises... Oh well, it's been out of commission for a couple of years now, I'll get round to fixing it eventually
Ensign
# 105
11-06-2013, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
@unitar - Hmmm... I wonder if LC 54 will allow you to expand on what happens next.
I'm actually going to release the second part to the story very soon, outlining what the crew of Fairchild is doing to help the Romulans.
Lt. Commander
# 106
11-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Enjoyed what I've been able to read so far.

Gotta keep this short, so no "red pen reviews" this time. (I did a bunch of them for the ones in the previous LC, but my 1st gen iPad crashed screens when I was verifying a detail on the last entry.)

The Bonaventure's misfits will have to take a break...the nurse who put in the IV placed it so if I bend my arm, it cuts off the juice...so no prolonged typing w/o agony. That, plus one of the things they pump in to stop nausea blurs my vision.

But getting lots of humourous anecdotes for Doc Irve's future contributions to LC's.

Now...will some of you real-life science types hurry up and invent real Treknology that will end this medieval butchery that involves caustic chemicals and pointy needles?

Please?
Commander
# 107
11-07-2013, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masopw View Post
Enjoyed what I've been able to read so far.

Gotta keep this short, so no "red pen reviews" this time. (I did a bunch of them for the ones in the previous LC, but my 1st gen iPad crashed screens when I was verifying a detail on the last entry.)

The Bonaventure's misfits will have to take a break...the nurse who put in the IV placed it so if I bend my arm, it cuts off the juice...so no prolonged typing w/o agony. That, plus one of the things they pump in to stop nausea blurs my vision.

But getting lots of humourous anecdotes for Doc Irve's future contributions to LC's.

Now...will some of you real-life science types hurry up and invent real Treknology that will end this medieval butchery that involves caustic chemicals and pointy needles?

Please?
Sorry to hear you are spending time investigating why McCoy dreaded time travel . Hope you're back on your feet and wielding the Pen of Semi-Cosmic Might soon!
"I am your leader, I am in command. The fate of all my followers lies in my hands. The burden of what is right or wrong, decisions have to be made. I have to take you all into this burning Gate." - Iron Savior, 'Never Say Die'.
Captain
# 108
11-07-2013, 04:16 AM
@ jaelk: An intriguing entry, and very nicely written, I'm certainly looking forward to getting to know these characters better
Ensign
# 109
11-07-2013, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
@ jaelk: An intriguing entry, and very nicely written, I'm certainly looking forward to getting to know these characters better
Thanks, Octavia has featured in a previous challenge. I'm hoping to respond to more of these but not all really lend themselves to the players.

J.
Captain
# 110
11-07-2013, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelk View Post
Thanks, Octavia has featured in a previous challenge. I'm hoping to respond to more of these but not all really lend themselves to the players.

J.
I usually find a way to write something on theme, but I have to admit, sometimes when I see the brief posted, my first thought is often 'No...' until an idea percolates