Captain
# 91
11-06-2013, 07:16 AM
While I am concerned about the power creep I have to say... IN YOUR FACE price manipulating crowd. I hope you enjoyed your dirty money.
Commander
# 92
11-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westx211 View Post
Hey guys that use to sell consoles for stupid prices all I can say is "Go screw yourself" all yo care about is that this will ruin your cash flow but the majority likes this change because the majority couldn't afford to buy your consoles anyway and now this can level the playing field in pvp.
Well i guess forum mods are in vacation, so i have to say right back at ya with that insult.

1st no1 cares about PvP anyway, and you are deluding youself if you think these will level any pvp field, they will make it even more unbalanced then allready is.

2nd no1 forced any1 to buy those consoles. They only grant about 1-2% in dps, and even if you are a min/maxer and PvPer, they hardly even mattered.

3rd the reason for their price is (well was now) the same as the lockbox ships price, their rarity given by a really small chance, 25-25% for a purple from a huge list of diferent consoles, so like under 1% chance of a energy type tactical one.

4th if you couldnt afford them its your problem, but there wasnt any drawbacks, there were more like a bragging items anyway, and bragging rights come with a price preatty much everywhere.

Quote:
While I am concerned about the power creep I have to say... IN YOUR FACE price manipulating crowd. I hope you enjoyed your dirty money
How was this dirty money and manipulation??? I crafted them only on 1 toon with an average of 1 good console every 1-2 month or so, wich i allways listed on the exchange with the lowest price i found on the exchange.
Captain
# 93
11-06-2013, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post
Well done, you have now officially killed off console crafting - consoles, strange/powered artefacts will now crash and the Doffs associated with them will crash also
GOOD!!

Those Mk XII purple tac consoles are a rip off anyway. 50k EC to jump from +28.1% to +30% is ridiculous price bloat caused by an overly convoluted process to obtain them and "fashionable collectors" driving up the price.
Career Officer
# 94
11-06-2013, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
Best news of the day. The 30 million for a console economy needed destroyed, frankly.
Totally agree. It needed to be done.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

It's time for STO to get a complete UI overhaul.
Captain
# 95
11-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Ok, so now you're really nothing if you refuse to pay dil for consoles, weapons.

Needless to say, that doesn't make me happy.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Add Tier 6 staple KDF ship types: Carrier and Bird of prey.
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Career Officer
# 96
11-06-2013, 10:13 AM
Awesome! Finally I'll be able to get better Tac consoles through Fleet contributions instead of grinding for EC and having to pay outlandish prices on the exchange. This is exactly what was needed to bring down prices for MKXII purple consoles. I have no idea how F2P players could even hope to get their hands on those items...
Captain
# 97
11-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorngonzolla View Post
Hi all,

I thought I would pop in and make you aware of some improvements we'll be making to the Spire's Tactical consoles due to player feedback. Here are the patch notes that will hit Tribble sometime in the near future:

Tactical Consoles

-Improved the damage type (Disruptor, Phaser, Chroniton, etc.) bonus on Vulnerability Exploiter and Vulnerability Locator Mk XII fleet consoles from 25.5% to 31.9%.
-Improved the weapon type (Torpedo, Beam, Cannon and Mines) bonus on Vulnerability Exploiter and Vulnerability Locator Mk XII fleet consoles from 22.3% to 27.9%.

These changes were made to make these consoles closer in potency to those found in the Embassy and Dilithium Mine.

Regards,
Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski
Thank you! Thank you thank you, thank you!

Finally I am able to get my ship good without spending a ridiculous EC amount for the mark XII purple ones on the exchange!

This news is so awesome, I'll make a toast to it and I can not wait to get these on tribble!

Spire holding will be the best holding ever! I owe the whole dev team a beer! Or a soft drink if some of them does not drink alcohol : )
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Commander
# 98
11-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
Thank you! Thank you thank you, thank you!

Finally I am able to get my ship good without spending a ridiculous EC amount for the mark XII purple ones on the exchange!

This news is so awesome, I'll make a toast to it and I can not wait to get these on tribble!

Spire holding will be the best holding ever! I owe the whole dev team a beer! Or a soft drink if some of them does not drink alcohol : )
your ship could be good with MKXII blues, don't confuse good with the max bonus available.

Edit
and don't get me wrong, I'm glad their putting a strangle hold on the rampant inflation of top end gear, though I have a feeling this will just raise the prices of doffs and Box ships, and that the two will feed off each other inflating their prices yet more.

But people need to realize that the cutting edge of what's available isn't good, its the best, being good is doable with far less then the best stuff around. that 1-2% more damage wasn't as much as people think it is, its not 1=2% more of that the weapons telling you when its attached to your ship, its 1-2% more of the weapons base damage, prior to power levels, skills, other consoles.

Last edited by verline1; 11-06-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Captain
# 99
11-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Can't wait to get the fleet consoles. I have been reading the wiki and had my face buried in the forum since the release date was announced.

Another 6 months of grinding though UGGGGGHHHHH.

Last edited by rob2485; 11-06-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Captain
# 100
11-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verline1 View Post
your ship could be good with MKXII blues, don't confuse good with the max bonus available.
True, but sometimes I wanted the mark XII purples. But those prices on the exchange were ....ridiculous. Yeah that needs to crash, or at least have an alternative.

This is the alternative to paying an unicorn's soul for the consoles.
I mean really, Forge World Titans for warhammer cost less then mark XII purples on the Exchange.
But now the majority of the players can get an alternative fleet console, which is awesome.

A 20 member active fleet can get these consoles in a few months, and they'll be really good for the weekend warrior too.

This is really great news. When the first consoles were just weapon type, I was a bit saddened, but it keeps getting better and better.

Maybe an early Christmas present, I dont know, but Cryptic dev team, Thank you for giving the players what they always wanted, but what most of them never could buy.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.