Starfleet Veteran
# 21
11-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhitaker View Post
Head to Defera and summon your bridge crew away team. I have solo's all of the Defera hard's that way xD. I should post a fraps recording on youtube
As I said previously, I have been going to Defera and you have to wait hours to find a KDF group, since there is so few who go there.

And not sure how you can do Defera Hards with your BOFFs, since it requires you to be in a group of 3 players to do them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twam View Post
I don't know man, I've grabbed about 1.7k KDF FM's in a couple of days, this past week.

Between Fleet Alert (50ish), Colony Invasion (50ish), Crystalline Entity Elite (85), Mine Trap (100ish; no cooldown) and the Ocasional pug NWS (anywhere between 17 and 90ish) it was enough to keep me cycling non-stop during bonus hour and reasonably fast outside of it. And you can generally run a cycle like that in less than an hour. *shrug*

And that's only because we don't have a KDF NWS team up yet...

I'd say it's definitely been worse. I just wish the Starbase Defence queue would fill, or be made cross-faction (optionally, maybe).
I appricate people reminding me there are other ways, but the point is the other methods are not primary ways to earn Fleet Marks, which was the intention of the Fleet Mark Event. And if nobody does it, well doing the other things takes a lot more work to earn those fleet marks that you would get during a Fleet Mark Event.

And that's my point of this thread, I for one, don't want to be stuck literally hours grinding away at smaller events to earn the same fleet marks I would get in a few Fleet Mark Event runs. Especially when it's far easier with the Federation side, due to the higher population. That's why I'm asking if Cryptic would think of something to aid Klingon Fleets. Especially very small Klingon fleets who are just barely making anykind of progress.

And I'll tell you, it is a job to build a Starbase in STO on the Klingon side.

Last edited by azurianstar; 11-05-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Commander
# 22
11-05-2013, 06:42 PM
u won't see any KDF players queue at all as long that Cryptic neglecting KDF end game content to begin with.
Empire Veteran
# 23
11-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakland4life View Post
u won't see any KDF players queue at all as long that Cryptic neglecting KDF end game content to begin with.
We have the same end-game content as everyone else.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
11-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhitaker View Post
Head to Defera and summon your bridge crew away team. I have solo's all of the Defera hard's that way xD. I should post a fraps recording on youtube
You can do that?
WTF?
U/L a video.
I do NOT want to use ARC to play STO

"Far as I see it, you people been given the shortest end of the stick ever been offered a human soul in this crap-heel 'verse. But you took that end, and you - well, you took it. And that's - Well, I guess that's somethin'." - Some Random Guy's Epic Quote
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
11-06-2013, 06:59 AM
The best suggestion that I can give you is to join the channels listed in the >KDF Channels List<. Or any other KDF channels you may know for that matter, that might be helpfull.

Since joining all of those I don't have much issues picking up random groups for PvE if my fleeties aren't in the mood of doing runs. You can usually get a group for almost any content, but sometimes you need to be a bit persistent to shake the people up to notice the chat. But honestly, I've been doing even 20 man events like Fleet Starbase Defense fairly often recently.

Hope this was helpfull in any way.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 26
11-06-2013, 08:09 AM
So do the devs need to change something if a player is unwilling to use the tools available to earn FM?

On my 3 main characters I earn anywhere from 800 to 1500 FMs a day (total), Doffing 2x daily for about 10 min each. If it takes someone months to earn 10k CXP, you are doing it wrong.. holodeck performance of hamlet alone can give you more than 10k cxp.

I see a lot of excuses in the thread and not a lot of trying
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Empire Veteran
# 27
11-06-2013, 09:36 AM
rumors say that the game is going crossfaction with a end to the war in S9. If so, I hope they make all endgame cross faction playable.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Career Officer
# 28
11-06-2013, 10:57 AM
For KDF characters, you really need to earn your Fleet Marks by doing multiple small grinds to get what the amount your need. There is no one silver bullet to knock out the amount you need. I will say that if you have more than 1 character that is KDF, you might want to try setting up your characters to do back to back missions, whether it is Defera, Fleet Alert, Crystal, etc. That is what I am currently doing at the moment with my characters for my small KDF fleet.
Empire Veteran
# 29
11-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
rumors say that the game is going crossfaction with a end to the war in S9. If so, I hope they make all endgame cross faction playable.
Proof is in the interview .... http://www.gandtshow.com/?p=3059

KDF discussions begin and continue off and on from timestamp 35 minutes onward.

But Geko says the way is ending ... even had Michael Dorn record lines to that affect for future use.

Cross faction queues going forward.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Empire Veteran
# 30
11-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velqua View Post
For KDF characters, you really need to earn your Fleet Marks by doing multiple small grinds to get what the amount your need. There is no one silver bullet to knock out the amount you need. I will say that if you have more than 1 character that is KDF, you might want to try setting up your characters to do back to back missions, whether it is Defera, Fleet Alert, Crystal, etc. That is what I am currently doing at the moment with my characters for my small KDF fleet.
For fleet marks ... Yes .... You are right on the "mark" with those events. Add in the defend the station one with the Elachi as well as the Elachi Alert.

OH ... You can also earn fleet marks with some of the DOFF missions on the dilithium mine ... at least if it critz.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!