Starfleet Veteran
# 411
11-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
I think you missed the point for a new player most likely they wouldn't be using a LTS account. I'm pretty sure most people who have LTS accounts range anywhere from around 10-50 characters for the most part. So those who have invested or know they will be around for a long long time should have some kind of perk when it comes to this.

Plus for the majority of LTS account holders they have already earned their right imo to have such a model by both time and funds into this game. It is hardly something to argue over because I really doubt a new player in your scenario is going to fork over 300 dollars for a LTS account. So its not a model for everyone but mostly people that should be entitled to something that isn't asking for too much being the investments made and that with the vast amount of characters they most likely will always have gear they are going after so there is no shortage of a need they will always be in the ques. Unlike if you did this for a new player for one or two characters like you stated they would be in and out so quick that is the reason I stated this would be better off for the subbing gold/LTS.
I didn't miss your point. I am adding that the rep is going to be a major barrier for someone new that just wants two toons. I am an LTS myself, since launch. I think the new player is going to put some money into the game if they can feel like it isnt a mind numbing wall of repeating the same missions over and again. Especially as interest in the Romulan and Nukara rep missions dwindle. The quese will take even longer. New Reps released.

LTS isn't the cash cow for STO, the guy that buys every ship, some service items, and a few vanity things is the cash cow, because it is consistent income. It isn't in individual purchases, sure the 300 bucks we put in is a major spike, but the mass of f2p that put in 10 bucks every other month by far exceed our contributions in mass.
PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
End the war with the KDF and FED, allow cross faction teams, as the queues permit.
Empire Veteran
# 412
11-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorngonzolla View Post
I've evaluated the effectiveness of the dilithium store (and Dyson Equipment Requisition box) science, engineering and tactical consoles and decided to give their mod borrowed from existing enhancements a moderate boost.

These mods are now 66.7% of a standard enhancement mod up from 50%.

Here's an example for those that prefer their explanations in plain english:

An Auto-Targeting Module Mk XII [+AP] very rare tactical console previously gave the following:

+15% Proton damage
+15% Antiproton damage
+2.5% Accuracy

Now this console grants:

+15% Proton damage
+20% Antiproton damage
+2.5% Accuracy

These bonuses are across the board to all Engineering, Science and Tactical consoles found in the dilithium store and Dyson Equipment Requisition boxes. These changes should hit Tribble later this week.

Regards,
Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski
One issue with testing I've had is the ones available for testing are Phaser or Disurptor for the consoles and then the only type of proton weaponry in the test vendor on drozana is the polaron proton. Maybe as a suggestion put some consoles and weapons that have some synergy to see how that will work out
Captain
# 413
11-05-2013, 06:34 PM
I would like to say thank you for clarifying the reasoning behind the changes.

I suppose 750 is a fairer compromise, although it is still a lot to ask considering you're looking 3 sets(more if bridge officers are included), per character, to get the full Dyson Sphere experience. Compared to Nukara rep, mark acquisition is a lot more 'accessable' but the low income rate is still going to cause the system to burn a lot of people out before reaching the rewards with those prices.

Conversely, I think the mark increase for the reputation progression was fair. The couple-dozen marks you can get in a half hour of randomly going around doing things offers enough resources to feed a couple reputation projects while you go do other things. The 20 mark pacing 'feels' good for that.
Ensign
# 414
11-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorngonzolla View Post
Reduced project cost was never part of the improved rep experience.
-- Lovely. So much for all that talk about this rep being less boring.
-- What exactly is the "improved rep experience" here? The tokens that take increasing reps on alts from "huge waste of time" to "tedious grindfest?"

Quote:
The best way to do this is to provide objective and constructive feedback when changes are made. We're more likely to take constructive posts to heart that provide solutions to problems instead of just pointing out a problem.
-- Oh come on now, why exactly should anyone give Cryptic the benefit of the doubt on anything? Feedback that conflicts with your monetization plans is just going to be ignored.

-- Solution: Roll back the project costs to the original values. Problem solved.
Empire Veteran
# 415
11-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szerontzur View Post
I would like to say thank you for clarifying the reasoning behind the changes.

I suppose 750 is a fairer compromise, although it is still a lot to ask considering you're looking 3 sets(more if bridge officers are included), per character, to get the full Dyson Sphere experience. Compared to Nukara rep, mark acquisition is a lot more 'accessable' but the low income rate is still going to cause the system to burn a lot of people out before reaching the rewards with those prices.

Conversely, I think the mark increase for the reputation progression was fair. The couple-dozen marks you can get in a half hour of randomly going around doing things offers enough resources to feed a couple reputation projects while you go do other things. The 20 mark pacing 'feels' good for that.
Its not too bad the dyson marks drop like candy out of pinata LOL.
Captain
# 416
11-06-2013, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbahotep69 View Post
-- Lovely. So much for all that talk about this rep being less boring.
-- What exactly is the "improved rep experience" here? The tokens that take increasing reps on alts from "huge waste of time" to "tedious grindfest?"
It takes about a day to complete a project. Each project requires one commendation. You get one commendation daily from a Dyson space STF.

Basically all those Dyson marks you get will be piling up, with hardly any projects to use them. To complete a rep it'll take about 40 days, so that's 40 Dyson events in total. If each Dyson event rewarded 50 dyson marks you'll have 2000 upon completing the rep (if you only did one dyson event per day). It's not like the current reps, which would require about 1700 marks to reach T5.

Log in, have a nice fun play of "The Breach", set the project off and then log out.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai

Last edited by orondis; 11-06-2013 at 06:12 AM.
Rihannsu
# 417
11-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orondis View Post
It takes about a day to complete a project. Each project requires one commendation. You get one commendation daily from a Dyson space STF.

Basically all those Dyson marks you get will be piling up, with hardly any projects to use them. To complete a rep it'll take about 40 days, so that's 40 Dyson events in total. If each Dyson event rewarded 50 dyson marks you'll have 2000 upon completing the rep (if you only did one dyson event per day). It's not like the current reps, which would require about 1700 marks to reach T5.

Log in, have a nice fun play of "The Breach", set the project off and then log out.
Thanks for putting this into such perspective. It seems pretty simple/nice to me when explained like this.

And what's nice is after those 40 days, I can give my Alts a "magic token" that lets them complete their Dyson Rep in 20 days.

And this is all "minimum effort" timescale. If I choose to play more than one mission each day, or extras on the weekends, I can run additional projects for more Rep XP and cut days off the 40 (20) needed to complete.

...Yeah. I'm liking that. I'm liking that a lot!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.

Last edited by lordhavelock; 11-06-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Captain
# 418
11-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
Thanks for putting this into such perspective. It seems pretty simple/nice to me when explained like this.

And what's nice is after those 40 days, I can give my Alts a "magic token" that lets them complete their Dyson Rep in 20 days.

And this is all "minimum effort" timescale. If I choose to play more than one mission each day, or extras on the weekends, I can run additional projects for more Rep XP and cut days off the 40 (20) needed to complete.

...Yeah. I'm liking that. I'm liking that a lot!
Yeah, the increased price was in marks and EC only, so the 'minimum effort timescale', as you called it, is unaffected, but the rushing is more expensive, and just as slow as it was before.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 419
11-06-2013, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orondis View Post
x80 for three toons.
PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
End the war with the KDF and FED, allow cross faction teams, as the queues permit.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 420
11-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Hello,

I've made some further tweaks and improvements to both the Dyson Joint Command space and ground set. Here are the patch notes for the upcoming changes:

Dyson Joint Command Reputation Equipment

-The tooltip on the Dyson Hyper Regenerative Shield Array Mk XII now displays the effectiveness of its shield heal proc. Additionally, this shield's proc will now heal all of the target's shield facings for the full amount (3600) instantly instead of 3600 over 2 seconds in 3 ticks.
-The tooltip on the Dyson Hyper Regenerative Personal Shield Mk XII now displays the effectiveness of its shield heal proc.
-Changed the Dyson Hyper Injection Warp Core Mk XII to Dyson Field Stabilizing Warp Core Mk XII. It now increases maximum shield power instead of engine power, converts weapon power to shield power and offers a shield battery boost instead of an engine battery boost. Also added a slipstream speed bonus mod.
-Changed the Dyson Hyper Injection Singularity Warp Core Mk XII to a Dyson Field Stabilizing Singularity Warp Core Mk XII. It now increases shield power based on singularity level instead of engine power level and offers a shield battery boost instead of an engine battery boost. Also added a slipstream speed bonus mod.
-Removed the Sensors and Graviton Generator mods from the Dyson Deflector Array Mk XII and improved Shield Emitter and Particle Generator bonuses.
-The Dyson Joint Command Technologies 3 piece set bonus power "Proton Barrage" will only be useable if there's a target within the power's arc.
-Removed the Sensors and Graviton Generator mods from the Dyson Deflector Array Mk XII and improved Shield Emitter and Particle Generator bonuses.

Regards,
Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski