Lieutenant
# 21
11-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtolomus View Post
Damn. Well, that is definitely some very good advice. Thanks again.
For the Obelisk, if you are worried about equipment, do the following and it will not cost you a single EC/dilithium/lobi/zen -

Repeat sphere of influence seven times, to get whatever part of the set you did not get the first time around (the AP omnidirectional array or the warp core), and six rare AP beam array. Remember to grab the advanced swarmers from the hidden cache in sphere of influence also. Fit that all to your ship.

Replay "Past Imperfect" and grab the mk XI Paratinic Shield Array (http://sto.gamepedia.com/Paratrinic_Shield_Array). Fit that to your ship.

Replay "Secret Orders" (Klingon Front) or "Suspect' (Cardassian Front) twice, select the level appropriate (Mk XI) uncommon Directed Energy Distribution Manifold each time. Fit those to the tac console slots.

Replay "Secret Orders" two more times, select the Mk XI Neutronium Alloys, fit those to your Eng Console slots.

Replay "Secret Orders" two more times, select the Mk XI Field Emitters, fit those to your other Eng Console slots

As far as the sci consoles go, your choice of mission rewards sci consoles that are useful are limited. At first glance, only power boosting ones I see available are graviton generators (replay "Suspect" three more times). So, you can set your LTC sci power to something like photonic shockwave or gravity well. For a fire and forget throw away offensive sci power that uses graviton generators, use photonic shockwave. However, the obelisk is a tanking carrier, so build to its strengths and use the sci boff powers for tanking/healing. So, for your sci consoles, do secret order AGAIN three more times, grab the biofunction monitors and use your LTC sci boff skills on Hazard Emitters, Polarized Hull and Transfer Shield Strength.

Replay "Friend of my enemy", grab the position deflector array (best for tanking, focused on shield boosting).

Replay "Past Imperfect" again, grab the Efficient Engines. Sure you can grab some Combat [Spd) engines, but I have found on carriers, you do not WANT to move fast, make turning more of a chore.

So, there, you have a fully equipped ship, have not spent a dime. Boff set up as follows:

LT TAC - Beam Fire at will 1, Tac Team 2
Ens Uni - A tac with Beam Fire at will 1
LTC Eng - Emergency Power to Shield 1, Aux to Struc 2, Reverse Shield Polarity 2
LT Eng - Emergency Power to Shield 1, Aux to Struc 2
LTC Sci - Polarized Hull 1, Transfer shield Strength 2 (or Hazard Emitters 2), Hazard Emitters 3 (will have to come from a sci boff candidate or your sci officer can train a sci boff in it if they have six points in Hull Repair).

Last edited by nymysys1; 11-06-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Commander
# 22
11-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymysys1 View Post
For the Obelisk, if you are worried about equipment, do the following and it will not cost you a single EC/dilithium/lobi/zen -

Repeat sphere of influence seven times, to get whatever part of the set you did not get the first time around (the AP bank or the warp core), and six rare AP beam banks. Remember to grab the advanced swarmers from the hidden cache in sphere of influence also. Fit that all to your ship.

Replay "Past Imperfect" and grab the mk XI Paratinic Shield Array (http://sto.gamepedia.com/Paratrinic_Shield_Array). Fit that to your ship.

Replay "Secret Orders" (Klingon Front) or "Suspect' (Cardassian Front) twice, select the level appropriate (Mk XI) uncommon Directed Energy Distribution Manifold time. Fit those to the tac console slots.

Replay "Secret Orders" two more times, select the Mk XI Neutronium Alloys, fit those to your Eng Console slots.

Replay "Secret Orders" two more time, select the Mk XI Field Emitters, fit those to your other Eng Console slots

As far as the sci consoles go, your choice of mission rewards sci consoles that are useful are limited. At first glance, only power boosting ones I see available are graviton generators. So, you can set your LTC sci power to something like photonic shockwave or gravity well. For a fire and forget throw away offensive sci power that uses graviton generators, use photonic shockwave. However, the obelisk is a tanking carrier, so build to its strengths and use the sci boff powers for tanking/healing. So, for your sci consoles, do secret order AGAIN three more times, grab the biofunction monitors and use your LTC sci boff skills on Hazard Emitters, Polarized Hull and Transfer Shield Strength.

So, there, you have a fully equipped ship, have not spent a dime. Boff set up as follows:

LT TAC - Beam Fire at will 1, Tac Team 2
Ens Uni - A tac with Beam Fire at will 1
LTC Eng - Emergency Power to Shield 1, Aux to Struc 2, Reverse Shield Polarity 2
LT Eng - Emergency Power to Shield 1, Aux to Struc 2
LTC Sci - Polarized Hull 1, Transfer shield Strength 2 (or Hazard Emitters 2), Hazard Emitters 3 (will have to come from a sci boff candidate or your sci officer can train a sci boff in it if they have six points in Hull Repair).
I am farming the SOI for all that you mentioned and thanks for the heads up on the other missions, but this "Hidden Cache" you speak of. I am not familiar with that at all.
Also, I'm going to print this so I can refer to it later as I'm in game.
Lieutenant
# 23
11-06-2013, 08:34 AM
Quote:
I am farming the SOI for all that you mentioned and thanks for the heads up on the other missions, but this "Hidden Cache" you speak of. I am not familiar with that at all.
Also, I'm going to print this so I can refer to it later as I'm in game.
I have made some edits to it, so print it now.

For the advanced swarmers, look here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=900701
Career Officer
# 24
11-06-2013, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtolomus
but this "Hidden Cache" you speak of. I am not familiar with that at all.
I learned from watching someone's YouTube video on how to get it... Here's in a nutshell:

Run thru 'Sphere of Influence" one of your seven times. When you get to the subspace platform part, make sure you jump off the edge ONCE to get the "Leap of Faith" accolade. Then make sure you hit EACH of the FOUR extra paths (marked with colors other than blue), with the last one being RED. This should give you another accolade, something like "Reconnaissance Somethingorother." THEN, go back to the second-to-last extra console on the extra path and there should be two options. The extra option says something like "Hidden Console." All you have to do is F that sucker and the special purple advanced swarmers will drop into your inventory automatically...

Hope that helps!

CM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwelaughingtrendy
Virtually our virtuous captains are victorious over vicious Undine vessels from viscous space.
Commander
# 25
11-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm14916 View Post
I learned from watching someone's YouTube video on how to get it... Here's in a nutshell:

Run thru 'Sphere of Influence" one of your seven times. When you get to the subspace platform part, make sure you jump off the edge ONCE to get the "Leap of Faith" accolade. Then make sure you hit EACH of the FOUR extra paths (marked with colors other than blue), with the last one being RED. This should give you another accolade, something like "Reconnaissance Somethingorother." THEN, go back to the second-to-last extra console on the extra path and there should be two options. The extra option says something like "Hidden Console." All you have to do is F that sucker and the special purple advanced swarmers will drop into your inventory automatically...

Hope that helps!

CM
Oh sweet Jebus!
I've gotten those accolades already. I hope That didn't ruin my chances.
Lieutenant
# 26
11-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Oh sweet Jebus!
I doubt it. Just go to the first optional platform on the path (go right after the first mandatory console, I think its earth), the hidden cache option may already be enabled. If not, do all the optional consoles along the way, and before you go to the final platform, go back to the first optional platform and check.
Commander
# 27
11-06-2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymysys1 View Post
I doubt it. Just go to the first optional platform on the path (go right after the first mandatory console, I think its earth), the hidden cache option may already be enabled. If not, do all the optional consoles along the way, and before you go to the final platform, go back to the first optional platform and check.
I do them all anyway, never thought to back track though.
Captain
# 28
11-06-2013, 09:40 AM
Romulan scientists are about as common as Klingon psychiatrists.
Commander
# 29
11-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnikku View Post
Romulan scientists are about as common as Klingon psychiatrists.
I would imagine Klingon psychiatrists would be pretty effective.
Career Officer
# 30
11-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Oh sweet Jebus!
No worries... I had earned both accolades and played another 3 times before I read that there was a hidden console. You still repeat the pattern as if doing it for the first time, and when you retract to the third optional pathway, the hidden console will be available...

CM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwelaughingtrendy
Virtually our virtuous captains are victorious over vicious Undine vessels from viscous space.