Republic Veteran
Can we please get the Valdore console "Console - Universal - Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator" as the next lockbox console reward?

It is really amazing, there is no way to overstate it, especially in PvE. Fed/KDF should really have access to it as well, and also, non-Warbird romulan ships (i.e. Temporal Sci/Destroyers, other Lockbox ships, event ships, etc.)

This console is perfect for PvE, if you're dealing more damage, you're taking more damage with the simple threat system, and if you're dealing more damage, this console heals your shields more. Beautiful design. Thank you for making it, please allow non-Warbirds to use it and make it the next console via lockboxes, you will make tons of money with people buying these!
Captain
# 2
11-06-2013, 10:49 AM
/signed......
------------------------------------------------------
BOOOYAAAA
....because I can?
Captain
# 3
11-06-2013, 10:53 AM
I use it on every warbird its good. That said i doubt it but this is cryptic we are dealing with.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-06-2013, 11:00 AM
LOL... Great console, but it may destroy PVP if everyone had that. personally I think it's time for tech sharing to stop. Balancing a game by giving every faction everything is the worse possible way to balance.

As for a next console, I hope it's new, and not some stolen tech that's gonna make everyone choose 1 faction. Maybe an [Anti-placate universal console]

This console makes ships immune to all placate/jams/confusion for 30 seconds. 3 min cooldown. Cryptic make it happen
QUEEN SCORA

Career Officer
# 5
11-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by einheryar44 View Post
Can we please get the Valdore console "Console - Universal - Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator" as the next lockbox console reward?

It is really amazing, there is no way to overstate it, especially in PvE. Fed/KDF should really have access to it as well, and also, non-Warbird romulan ships (i.e. Temporal Sci/Destroyers, other Lockbox ships, event ships, etc.)

This console is perfect for PvE, if you're dealing more damage, you're taking more damage with the simple threat system, and if you're dealing more damage, this console heals your shields more. Beautiful design. Thank you for making it, please allow non-Warbirds to use it and make it the next console via lockboxes, you will make tons of money with people buying these!
I strongly suspect this will eventually happen.
Republic Veteran
# 6
11-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantra View Post
[snip] and not some stolen tech that's gonna make everyone choose 1 faction.
This is the purpose of lockbox consoles entirely.

Some consoles just make so much sense, and are so great, they need to be cross-faction (Plasmonic Leech being an obvious example). Not to mention, having a romulan in a non-Warbird and the frustration of owning a Valdore but not being able to use it's console.

If you need a RP reason, think about the real world. When one faction obtains a new technology, there isn't much time delay between other factions obtaining the very same technology, via combinations of espionage, realizing what is possible, background discoveries that naturally lead to such innovations, and of course the mother of all inventions being necessity, what could be more necessary than a rival having tech in an arms race that is superior to your own?
Captain
# 7
11-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Not sure if Cryptic can even do this. If Romulans have to give up something, then they have to get something. Right now the lockbox consoles are limited to Fed/KDF consoles so having a Romulan/Fed/KDF console might not be possible. It is possible that Cryptic will only let KDF/Fed Consoles to be traded so Romulan Consoles might be unavailable.
Empire Veteran
# 8
11-06-2013, 11:41 AM
also signed.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Captain
# 9
11-06-2013, 11:49 AM
I wonder though, since Romulans who own this console aren't allowed to equip it on non-Warbirds but other people can use it for something that the inventors can't?

Plus I'd rather see the Wide-Angle Torpedo go cross-faction, maybe as a photon or chroniton, or even transphasic (since thats what the IKS Bortasqu uses).
Captain
# 10
11-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Disagree, this would lead to some very OP combinations if it was available to Fed ships which are tankier then romulan ships like the Oddy, Fleet Nebula, or Fleet Star cruiser, they would be nearly unkillable.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions