Login

Captain
Dose it? It feels like it dose.

Visit my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Akurie369?feature=watch
or, follow me on FB https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bi-Sh...70769523107039
Captain
# 2
11-06-2013, 04:15 PM
System has to select from available targets in order to select the random targets that it applies FAW targeting to...all in all, if that were to cause server lag - well, the game would be unplayable. Because so many other things are far more intensive and would bury the server...

...client issues on the other hand.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Pets and warp plasma seem to be worse. Specifically pets that put out a plasma stream. I think lots of tractors does have an impact too. Conventional weapons and boff abilities have never been demonstrated to me to be a contributor to lag. I believe it is always pet involved situations when the whole team reports issues. If it is just me, I attribute it to my internet.
PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
Career Officer
# 4
11-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Does* x2

/10OoohEeeOoohAaahAaahTingTangWallaWallaGrammarNazi
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
11-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcduffie369 View Post
Dose it? It feels like it dose.
It it also a major cause of global warning, and a potential cure for genital warts.
Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
Captain
# 6
11-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Yes I notice more lag for the past couple months with FAW becoming widespread. I usually play on max graphic settings but have to lower it sometimes now.

I also suspect that some players are purposely trying to cause lag through coordinated use of lag causing consoles and abilities at the same time. They all do FAW and launch pets and nimbus fleet, then use SIC, GW, AMS, theta, ewp and anything else they can think of at the same time. They know the lag is comming so have either super graphics cards or their settings are already lowered, but by the time their victims will have lowered settings its too late.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Captain
# 7
11-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milanvorius View Post
Pets and warp plasma seem to be worse. Specifically pets that put out a plasma stream. I think lots of tractors does have an impact too. Conventional weapons and boff abilities have never been demonstrated to me to be a contributor to lag. I believe it is always pet involved situations when the whole team reports issues. If it is just me, I attribute it to my internet.
Elite Scorps, Yellowstones, Elite Interceptors...are just painful on local resources depending on your rig. Throw in all the GWs, EWP, and the rest...it's gotten kind of funny trying to do things in Ker'rat for me. I'll be 10-15km past the target before anything fires - yeah, I'll actually be launching aft torps outside of the 10km range...because my system is so bogged down with everything.

It's been funny with some folks patting themselves on the back already, while I think I'm still fighting. It just hasn't caught up to me yet that I've been dead for a wee while under all the spam.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 8
11-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo1raine View Post
It it also a major cause of global warning, and a potential cure for genital warts.
I didn't know it was picking up that many extra targets... I have a planters wart at the moment I wonder if it would get that as well.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Commander
# 9
11-06-2013, 09:36 PM
I also, noticed some strange game behavior lately. Its not classic lag, its more like gameplay seems a bit weird. A less responsive, and washed out.
That's what's so great about HoBOs. We are not just 5 or 6 competent players, we are a fleet full of badass mother****ers that will PUNISH THE FEDS until their index fingers are worn to the bone from clicking the respawn button over and over! Q'pla!
Career Officer
# 10
11-07-2013, 10:07 AM
It causes brain lag.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.