Captain
Just curious if anybody's come across a guide for the most efficient manner to rack up certain of the buffs from DOFFing for participating in PvP...

Thanks.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Empire Veteran
# 2
11-07-2013, 01:00 AM
I've thought about making a comprehensive DOFFing guide, but that isn't something I felt I had the knowledge about to do.

And you are meaning those buffs you can get that last two hours (like +25 to Starship Weapons Training) and the like, right?

Those are all found in your 'Personal' tab I believe, and those are randomly shuffled around once an hour. Your location doesn't matter. It's random what you get. On the plus side, you don't have to turn in the missions if you manage to crit them (gotta crit em to get the buff), and you could potentially stack up a bunch of different ones.

I don't believe you can stack up multiples of the same though. Or if you can, I dunno how they would stack.

Captain
# 3
11-07-2013, 01:04 AM
Outside of certain DOFF chains, I pretty much random DOFF - heh, trying to avoid executing Purples that I want or buying 50k EC platforms.

But yeah, basically those 2 hour skill boosts...I've noticed more and more folks with long strings of them lately - was wondering if there was a guide folks were following.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Empire Veteran
# 4
11-07-2013, 01:37 AM
If there is, no idea where it could be found.

Most likely they are just simply saving them up, and then turning them in all at once.

Y'know, that makes me wonder:

99 points from a full bar in the skill tree
25 points from a DOFF buff
10 points from an Elite level skill boost from a SB buff
30 points (at most) from the Inspirational Leader trait

That's 164 points in most/all skills, ignoring all other gear, BOFFs, set bonuses, captain traits, DOFFs, etc etc. I mean, yikes a bit, past the base 99, those other bonuses pretty much add up to just over 2 very rare Mk XII consoles for most/all skills. That's nothing to sneeze at.

Am I missing anything? I'm not adding in like consoles and many other things, but am I forgetting anything that adds a flat number to many or all skills?

Captain
# 5
11-07-2013, 02:15 AM
It's not much but, 700 day veteran buff?
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Empire Veteran
# 6
11-07-2013, 09:27 AM
The various veteran buffs don't boost skills at all. All those do is boost the amount of skill points you gain, or at the 700 level, how much skill points your team gains.

Captain
# 7
11-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Outside of certain DOFF chains, I pretty much random DOFF - heh, trying to avoid executing Purples that I want or buying 50k EC platforms.

But yeah, basically those 2 hour skill boosts...I've noticed more and more folks with long strings of them lately - was wondering if there was a guide folks were following.
Lol, you do all the ones in the personal tab for days until you max out on crits (20-23), then release them all at the same time. I've wanted to do all of them flow caps to become the ultimate drain boat for two hours, but the stupid assignment is Rare so it would take me months.
Captain
# 8
11-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
The various veteran buffs don't boost skills at all. All those do is boost the amount of skill points you gain, or at the 700 level, how much skill points your team gains.
Well, that's just boring.

Reputation passives then? Some of them give bonuses to starship skills. If you add them all up, it's quite a lot of skill bonuses going around.
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard

Last edited by deokkent; 11-07-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 9
11-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
Well, that's just boring.

Reputation passives then? Some of them give bonuses to starship skills. If you add them all up, it's quite a lot of skill bonuses going around.
There are some yes. I was more asking about more 'general' things that affected many many skills at once.

Like, even if it is short, the Romulan rep tier 5 power boosts all sci skills by 100 for those 8 seconds.