Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Captain
# 11
11-07-2013, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
makes more sense for Starfleet to send waves of armed probes rather than manned fighters to their doom
That already happens. Haven't you heard of the Emergency Holographic Fighter Pilot? No one actually flies those fighters, that's why you can still launch them even when everyone on your ship is dead.
Rihannsu
# 12
11-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killdozer9211 View Post
Real world wise, the russians, masters of war that they were, made a combo battleship carrier. It's called the admiral kruschev or something.
Admiral Kuznetsov, his* sister ship is the Chinese carrier Liaoning.

The reason for the conventional armament was so the Soviets could bypass the Montreux Convention and sail their Carriers in and out of the Black Sea (they were built in Ukraine). The convention basically said no aircraft carriers could transit the Bosphorus so the Soviets made a ship they could claim was a Capital Ship and not an Aircraft Carrier under the treaty (the classifications were considered different)... they could just put planes on it if they wanted to later.

*Russian ships are a 'He' not a 'She'.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Captain
# 13
11-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Cryptic should finally just give all the kids their beloved Battlestars so they can go on and make real Star Trek ships for a change.

Seriously this whole need for Carriers in a star trek game goes beyond me.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
11-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
That already happens. Haven't you heard of the Emergency Holographic Fighter Pilot? No one actually flies those fighters, that's why you can still launch them even when everyone on your ship is dead.
lol. still seems like a waste of space. All those controls interfaces projectors and just the space needed for the "pilot".

Skip the middle man and place the ai in direct control. The ships computer could control a whole wing with communications at the speed of light.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Captain
# 15
11-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killdozer9211 View Post
STO wise, there are 3 flight deck cruisers in game. Dacoit, Corsair, and Marauder. They're some of the best looking ships in game. I understand they handle well, too. IF CRYPTIC WERE TO EVER MAKE A FLEET DACOIT, I WOULD SHOW MY GRATITUDE BY PAYING ZEN FOR THE LOW TIER VARIANT AND THE ONE MODULE NEEDED FOR THE FLEET VARIANT, HINT, HINT, ANY LURKING DEVS
Low tier != Fleet Variant price reduction, hint hint.