Career Officer
Hi, I have a KDF Orion toon, but haven''t yet leveled her...
I also don't have access to a cloak on my FED toon;

So I have no idea how CPBII (for example) would affect a cloaked KDF player.
I understand that Flow Capacitor skill, and high Aux will damage shields more. (which i believe is not significant damage anyway*might be wrong on the meager shield damage, please correct me if you feel this is untrue)
Also;
The Decompilier skill will affect the length of time the KDF ship will not be able to cloak...

Question;
How long would a KDF ship not be able cloak, after being caught with a CPB II
* Minimal skill investment into Decompiler (2 or 3 skill points invested).

Just wondering if equipping the skill is even useful...If the cloak is knocked out for less then 20 secs, I'm thinking this skill is kind of pointless.
So, how long on average would a KDF (or FED) for that matter, be unable to use his/her cloak after being hit with CPBII or CPBI

Reason I want the skill is situational, its going to go on a reserve boff I have purchased....
Just wondering if the 60sec cooldown on CPB makes it almost useless ? Would seem like a long cooldown if the KDF ship in question can just cloak again secs later.

also I undersand the range is only 5k
Any experienced CPB'ers have an opinon on this topic ?
Career Officer
# 2
11-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Anybody ?
I just wanted to knows how long the cloak disable lasts..
Career Officer
# 3
11-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Hey Taylor. Been a while since we Q's up together.

I have CPB3 on my fleet Nova and even though it can do nice damage to shields I have yet to really see it affect cloakers. I'm guessing that if someone spec's into stealth it negates the CPB duration significantly.

If you're going for shield stripping I would also like to add that Tachyon beam should be avoided and use Tractor beam with doff to strip shields. The tachyon beam gets easily disconnected from target on any placate which is then is useless as it won't reacquire target but just go on CD.

Last edited by edalgo; 11-06-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Career Officer
# 4
11-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Thanks Ed, you're always reliable on here with info.
And yup Ill be on tonight if you want to get a few games in...

The CPB is just for Ker'rat.
Its going on a reserve boff i just bought.
It's going to be used to counter the Decloak/torp/placate/cloak KDF's flying around Kerrat.

I tested it out last night and pulled a few of them from there cloak... but it doesnt seem to prevent them from cloaking for long...I'm guessing its approx 5 secs... but I'm not sure.

That's why I asked, because the cooldown is 60 secs. Seems rather long for a 5sec disable.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
11-07-2013, 01:00 AM
There are two types of cloakers.

Normal, which when decloaked can't recloak anyway. Chances are CPB will screw them right up.

Battle Cloakers on the other hand like KDF BoPs and everything Romulan will be disabled for at least 15 to 20s depending on their BOFFs.

It doesn't so much disable cloaking rather it turns off your cloaking.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Career Officer
# 6
11-08-2013, 06:10 AM
^ Thanks Dknight.
This clears things up for me.