Lieutenant
# 71
11-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Damage resistance + Healing is the foil for standard damage. Season 8 is going to make Medics significantly tougher with the Mk XII Medic kit. Medical Tricorder IV and... *cough* Biofilter sweep II (I would have rather had Tachyon harmonics). The extra team wide damage resistance will help significantly though. Believe it or not, Medical Tricorder III is currently healing far less than intended on holodeck, fixed on tribble. You may have noticed this, I didn't until I saw the patch notes. I could see an increase to health and shield points to be beneficial. Perhaps Cryptic will introduce a +5% health and shield points passive in the reputation system eventually.

As for detecting cloakers, I don't have lighting fast reflexes either. I usually use the NPC tab in chat. When I see the ambush callout, or when I hear an ambush buff activate, I ready defenses. While I don't actually activate the defenses prematurely, I do start moving around to throw them off. There's also shattering harmonics set for surefire detection, but it's only safe to use on engineers due to the low base health points.

Season Eight is also bringing two immunity to oneshot (borderline immunity to death) abilities. Hunker Down is +900 bonus resistances, basically a ground version of the Tier V Voyager ablative armor console. The downside is you are rooted in place, rather than locked out of weapons fire. The second is the Tier V rep passive (5 minute cooldown) with +1000 (One Thousand) All damage resistance, +33% All damage (Large Power cell basically), and +22.5 hit points every 20 seconds for 20 seconds. Talk about a survivability boost. If dodge is still this powerful when Season 8 comes out, fights will get much longer.
Heard about the boost to medical tricorder too.. not that it was really needed lol.

The root on self from hunker down is enough to put me off a bit, that and you can't wear the omega shield and still get it since it's a 3 piece set bonus. But we'll see I guess. The tier v power does sound kinda.. yeah op.

Regarding Resists + Healing foiling standard damage, it sounds good in theory, but it leads me to this thought.. If dodge chance is supposed to be the foil to crit, then having dodge chance capped at about 35% or so, so we dodge at about the same rate we crit, would work? Without other changes, I have my doubts...

*rides off on a v-rex, tired of typing*
Selun'x Alien Sci - Zarza Reman Tac
Career Officer
# 72
11-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Season Eight is also bringing two immunity to oneshot (borderline immunity to death) abilities. Hunker Down is +900 bonus resistances, basically a ground version of the Tier V Voyager ablative armor console. The downside is you are rooted in place, rather than locked out of weapons fire. The second is the Tier V rep passive (5 minute cooldown) with +1000 (One Thousand) All damage resistance, +33% All damage (Large Power cell basically), and +22.5 hit points every 20 seconds for 20 seconds. Talk about a survivability boost. If dodge is still this powerful when Season 8 comes out, fights will get much longer.
Well I can see a nine or ten minute cooldown on this. And does it not have a certain range that your health has to be before use. Now the twenty second up time will be enough to hopefully allow your hypo to come up and I don't know how many times I have died with half Heath because of a DoT doff, this might at least help with those annoying DoTs that you sit there and watch your self die. Plus all damage, does this mean orbitals and other kits are going to be buffed.
Commander
# 73
11-08-2013, 06:26 AM
The dyson tier 5 ability isn't really OP at all. That +1000 is a bit misleading. The ground set's hunker down makes you more resistant then this does. It's more like a vascular regenerator that gives you a damage boost. Unlike the other rep clickies tho, the cool down is 5 minutes w/o tac ini. It'll be useful for sure.
Lieutenant
# 74
11-08-2013, 08:38 AM
Yeah misunderstood the part in tira's post about Hunker Down acting like the voyager console.. definitely interesting. I heard the rep power was being effected by tac init, wasn't sure if that was intended.. but if it still is it should definitely change a few things.
Selun'x Alien Sci - Zarza Reman Tac
Career Officer
# 75
11-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nulonu View Post
The dyson tier 5 ability isn't really OP at all. That +1000 is a bit misleading. The ground set's hunker down makes you more resistant then this does. It's more like a vascular regenerator that gives you a damage boost. Unlike the other rep clickies tho, the cool down is 5 minutes w/o tac ini. It'll be useful for sure.
Does tac int effect this new power, because I don't think it effects the old omega teir five power. Never really paid attention.

Dodge is a mechanic that at least everyone is playing with, true caitians might have a better advantage. How do you take this away when most people that play caitians spent zen on them.

Last edited by simeion1; 11-08-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 76
11-08-2013, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simeion1 View Post
Does tac int effect this new power, because I don't think it effects the old omega teir five power. Never really paid attention.
it brings it down to 1 min 30 seconds dosn't it? :S
Empire Veteran
# 77
11-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
it brings it down to 1 min 30 seconds dosn't it? :S
No, I've tried using TI when fighting Borg on Deferi and such to reduce the CD, but it doesn't work.

Either by bug, or by design, it doesn't work. So no worries about this ground-GDF being activated every minute and half or so by people on the ground.

Republic Veteran
# 78
11-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simeion1 View Post
Dodge is a mechanic that at least everyone is playing with, true caitians might have a better advantage. How do you take this away when most people that play caitians spent zen on them.
Honestly, with all the ways to stack dodge is 10% really that big? The jumping for flank is worse IMO, along with the invisible walls in Shanty Town ruining it for all non catians.

The zen argument is a non issue, they always reserve the right to rebalance. What will you do if they make a playable Voth with all the traits of Catians plus extra crit chance? Zen to win is a bad idea all around. They offered Catians as playable for the looks, it was not intended to give an advantage. They also have Ferengi, Klingon, Joined Trill, etc. If it is supposed to be P2W then what do these races offer?

TL/DR: Catians were put in the game for those who liked them from the cartoon, not to give players advantaged in ground PvP.
Commander
# 79
11-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
No, I've tried using TI when fighting Borg on Deferi and such to reduce the CD, but it doesn't work.

Either by bug, or by design, it doesn't work. So no worries about this ground-GDF being activated every minute and half or so by people on the ground.
Hmm when did that happen? I'm pretty sure tac ini used to affect the tier 5 omega clickie. I don't play a tac much so I never noticed it wasn't. Thay is correct that tac ini is affecting dyson rep clickie on tribble. Maybe it's not going to stay that way.
Career Officer
# 80
11-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buccaneerdtb View Post
Honestly, with all the ways to stack dodge is 10% really that big? The jumping for flank is worse IMO, along with the invisible walls in Shanty Town ruining it for all non catians.

The zen argument is a non issue, they always reserve the right to rebalance. What will you do if they make a playable Voth with all the traits of Catians plus extra crit chance? Zen to win is a bad idea all around. They offered Catians as playable for the looks, it was not intended to give an advantage. They also have Ferengi, Klingon, Joined Trill, etc. If it is supposed to be P2W then what do these races offer?

TL/DR: Catians were put in the game for those who liked them from the cartoon, not to give players advantaged in ground PvP.
You know that all races have some type of bonus, Klingons get bonus to melee damage. It would help the lunge. Joined Trills have better regen. Ferengi is playable by everyone and get a bonus reduction with EC. And if they offered a Voth I would not care. Although never seen a Voth in Starfleet.

Now the invisible wall is an issue. I wish the Devs would remove the wall or make it visible. But Shanty is not the only place you see invisible walls. They are in other PvP maps.

There is an option that allows you to face your target. This will prevent your target from flanking you. I suggest turning it on. Will not help against multiple opponents. Which you could not do to begin with.