# 91
08-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Looking forared to the star trek online game the faq was great really hellpfull
Lt. Commander
# 92
08-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Nightblade View Post
Actually, there's an easy way to find out. Just wait for the beta of Champions Online, which should be coming soon. CO is being made for PC/console like ST:O, so I imagine the interfaces of the two games will work on similar principles.
Probably, we'll see.
Lt. Commander
# 93
08-13-2008, 02:34 PM
Just a quick note to let everyone know that the FAQ has been updated to clarify something a little more. On the question of PvP, PvE and RP ruleset servers the first part of the answer has changed to:

"There will not be separate servers for PvP and PvE rulesets."

The answer had given the impression that there would not be separate servers, period. That issue is still being addressed and more information will be available as we get further along in development.
Lt. Commander
# 94
08-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks, Razor. I've seen that mistake made in a bunch of places and have tried to correct it when I can, but this saves me the work.
Lt. Commander
# 95
08-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce28 View Post
Very cool! However, I'm surprised I haven't seen this question yet - what happens to your ship when you are on an away mission? Does it just orbit the planet, vulnerable to attack, or will it vanish?
I would imagine your ship cannot be attacked as it would ruin an away mission by you having to beam up and defend your ship. While doing an away mission it would probably be a good idea that your ship isn't even detectable to avoid people waiting to destroy you or any thing like that.
Lt. Commander
# 96
08-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Looking forward to boldly go.

Lets hope its not another conan esque let down of borg proportions.

hi all o/
Lt. Commander
# 97
08-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
Just a quick note to let everyone know that the FAQ has been updated to clarify something a little more. On the question of PvP, PvE and RP ruleset servers the first part of the answer has changed to:

"There will not be separate servers for PvP and PvE rulesets."

The answer had given the impression that there would not be separate servers, period. That issue is still being addressed and more information will be available as we get further along in development.
If you guys can make it so there is only one game server, then that will be great, as this is where many other games have failed.
Lt. Commander
# 98
08-13-2008, 04:13 PM
I agree i just can't wait to fly freely and walk in your own ship and i hope it is free!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 99
08-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc-Deu View Post
LOOOOL wtf
What we as a community have to keep in mind is that this game is targeted to a wide variety of ages and walks of life.

Cryptic is tasked with creating a game world that is casual enough for the beginner, and yet be able to satiate the most die-hard of Trek fans.

We are going to get "newbs", both to Star Trek, and/or to computers in general. We must coddle, like in the early days of the internet, the new users and welcome them with open arms; not scorn them for their curiosity and questions.

The first question a co-worker of mine asked when I informed him of the new game was: "Is this a single player game?" I told him that is an MMO, like WoW. He was turned off by that. I am hoping that in the coming months(or even years) I will be able to turn his thinking around.

We must not allow cynicism to ruin this game before it even launches. We are the wild tangent that Cryptic is relying on to make their game enjoyable. We are to make their game, our game.

Thank you for reading.
Lt. Commander
# 100 gameplay
08-13-2008, 05:06 PM
1 Big question is get into my mind:

What happens when u lost a ship? u have to start again the whole game or what?

bye