Commander
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 332
# 21
11-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Except that ship is from another game which is pretty much a no no because it would cost money to obtain the rights.

Trust me, if they were going to obtain the rights to a ship it wouldn't be a Sci ship unless this thing was even more over the top than the Vesta, which would be hard to do without it sorta not being a Sci ship anymore.

Right now the KDF needs ships...
I didnt say it had to be identical, they can use a similar design without infringing on copyrights.

And the KDF has far more ships available than the romulans do right now.

Quote:
No we REALLY don't need anymore stupid sci ships. I hate them. If you sci's want sci ships ally with feds or be a damn fed...engi ships need more turn rate, I mean theyre engineer ships, they should have a BETTER turn rate than tac or sci ships cuz the're BLOODY ENGINEERING SHIPS
This makes absolutely no sense. Also, you're confusing careers with ship types. There are no engineering ships or tactical ships - we have escorts, cruisers, and science vessels (not to be confused with science careers). Sounds to me like you're just running the wrong ship type - cruisers will never be as manuverable as escorts or science vessels due to size alone.

Quote:
Well not only do we need more science ships for both the KDF and Romulans, roms also need a dedicated tac line and enginnering line.
Engineering, perhaps, but the vast majority of romulan ships can already be considered escorts/tactical-oriented vessels. I dont think we need any more in that regard.

Quote:
Cause if you look at the tier 2 and 3 romulan warbirds, they are Science heavy far as BOFFs. Far as comp slots Dhelan has more tac slots but the mogai is even spread between tack and science.
Anything under tier 5 doesnt really matter. We level so quickly there's little point to worrying about what ships are used at lower tiers.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,525
# 22
11-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by telbasta7386 View Post
I didnt say it had to be identical, they can use a similar design without infringing on copyrights.

And the KDF has far more ships available than the romulans do right now.
Yeah but they have been around since launch...and half or more of that time they have been passed over for anything special, and everything that they had that was special is now lost which includes a few things Romulans got.

What little endgame ships they do have are so similar to one another, every single of their escort like ships, be it free of c store all have a Cmdr Tac/Lt Cmdr Tac/Lt Sci/Lt Eng...only thing that differs is the ensign. (No I don't count lock boxes or the vet ship)

Same can be said for almost half their battlecruisers...

The Romulans are in great shape and are a half year old...the Klingons are in bad shape and as old as the game...
Lieutenant
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 82
# 23
11-08-2013, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Yeah but they have been around since launch...and half or more of that time they have been passed over for anything special, and everything that they had that was special is now lost which includes a few things Romulans got.

What little endgame ships they do have are so similar to one another, every single of their escort like ships, be it free of c store all have a Cmdr Tac/Lt Cmdr Tac/Lt Sci/Lt Eng...only thing that differs is the ensign. (No I don't count lock boxes or the vet ship)

Same can be said for almost half their battlecruisers...

The Romulans are in great shape and are a half year old...the Klingons are in bad shape and as old as the game...
To be honest I thought you were talking about the Romulans, as the Romulan faction is a faction of escorts at the moment. The Romulan ships are generally viable but that doesn't mean they are not samey either. The KDF biggest problem is power creep, they would really benefit from their older ships being updated...though Cryptic has shown no inclination to do so.
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 310
# 24
11-08-2013, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melisande77 View Post
It is commonly known that right now Romulans are lacking in the ship options department. While the Romulan faction has a plethora of options for captains seeking an escort playstyle, for those who enjoy cruisers and sci ships there are only two options. If you like cruisers you have the D'deridex or the Scimitar (the Ha'apax cries itself to sleep at night) and if you like sci ships you have the Ha'nom and Temporal vessel.

The cruiser section of the fleet is better equiped, with the D'deridex only being considered bad because the Scimitar is just so good; but both vessels are very, very large cruisers. They more or less fly similarly, as lumbering giant space whales. And this is mostly in terms of their size, since even my D'dex has a turn of 13 normally. What the fleet is lacking are smaller cruisers, ala the Excelsior and Vor'cha, or the new Avenger. They are still firmly cruisers, but are a bit more nimble than their bigger brothers. The Mogai should've filled that role, but right now it's just another escort. A small cruiser type ship would fit like a glove, and hopefully get people to stop whining about the lack of cruiser commands.

As for science vessels, I don't fly them, and I just know sci is in bad spot right now. So it is somewhat understandable the lack of work put into that archetype. Still in an ideal world science will be fixed to be playable, and when that comes the Romulans, and the KDF, will need some more options.
What makes the Ha'feh not a "small cruiser type ship" other than the fact that people try to fly it like an escort.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,161
# 25
11-08-2013, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by originpi View Post
What makes the Ha'feh not a "small cruiser type ship" other than the fact that people try to fly it like an escort.
Biggest problem for the Ha'Feh, it can be armed like an escort, but it flies like a damn cruiser, granted a good turning cruiser, but you can't take advantage of the ability to load cannons on it.

It's why I scratch my head and wonder why an upgraded version of the Ar'kif wasn't put in instead of the Ha'Feh.
How I feel when I hit Transwarp
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 26
11-08-2013, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talonxv View Post
Biggest problem for the Ha'Feh, it can be armed like an escort, but it flies like a damn cruiser, granted a good turning cruiser, but you can't take advantage of the ability to load cannons on it.

It's why I scratch my head and wonder why an upgraded version of the Ar'kif wasn't put in instead of the Ha'Feh.
You do realize the Ar'kif and Ha'feh have identical turn rates right? If you can't keep a target in your fore arc on either ship, you've got piloting problems that no amount of stats will solve.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,161
# 27
11-08-2013, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
You do realize the Ar'kif and Ha'feh have identical turn rates right? If you can't keep a target in your fore arc on either ship, you've got piloting problems that no amount of stats will solve.
No i did better with the Ar'kif because yes same turn rate, they are 2 separte ships, least to me. I did way better with the Ar'kif because it to me flies much more like the Mogai or the other warbirds.

Cause guess what same turn rate, but the Ha'feh, is about what 25-33% overall BIGGER. Nothing about stats is going to change that. Nice try though.
How I feel when I hit Transwarp
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 28
11-08-2013, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talonxv View Post
No i did better with the Ar'kif because yes same turn rate, they are 2 separte ships, least to me. I did way better with the Ar'kif because it to me flies much more like the Mogai or the other warbirds.
Thank you for fully admitting the problem is with you, and not the ship. The Mogai has a turn rate of 14. That turns into a propagated difference of roughly 8-10 turn rate depending on gear and skill point allocation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonxv View Post
Cause guess what same turn rate, but the Ha'feh, is about what 25-33% overall BIGGER. Nothing about stats is going to change that. Nice try though.
Which makes it easier to keep a target in the forward arc because the forward arc is bigger on a larger ship. Bringing us back to the original topic of "it's not the ship, it's your inability to fly it".
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,839
# 29
11-08-2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
And that should tell you how messed up the legal system is. It is more concerned with litigation and money for the few powerful rather than the benifit of creativity and the greater gestalt.

Again I think back to Picard's quote to Q in "Ecounter at Farpoint"

"We humans know our past, even when we're ashamed of it. I recognise this court system as the one that agreed with that line from Shakespeare. Kill all the Lawyers."
Actually when you think about it, in this case it potentially hurts the "big ones" given they can't benefit from the creativity of the "small ones".
I have little love for lawyers, I've run into some problems that I needed a lawyer to solve that I wouldn't have had without the existence of lawyers.
But as someone who's done some (minor) creative work I'm actually happy that some company can't just barge in and say "this is based on our franchise, it now belongs to us! Here have a cookie and now shut up!"
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,161
# 30
11-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Thank you for fully admitting the problem is with you, and not the ship. The Mogai has a turn rate of 14. That turns into a propagated difference of roughly 8-10 turn rate depending on gear and skill point allocation.



Which makes it easier to keep a target in the forward arc because the forward arc is bigger on a larger ship. Bringing us back to the original topic of "it's not the ship, it's your inability to fly it".
ofcourse you go to the skill part. You conveniently leave out, size mass, different piviot points and the like. Please continue. This whole skill argument is quite laughable when you're comparing apples and oranges.

Please keep leaving out what's convenient for your argument.
How I feel when I hit Transwarp
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:08 AM.