Republic Veteran
# 81
11-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simeion1 View Post
There is an option that allows you to face your target. This will prevent your target from flanking you. I suggest turning it on. Will not help against multiple opponents. Which you could not do to begin with.
You didn't know that Catians can flank from the front just by jumping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Catians are the only race capable of abusing the shanty town terrain without cover shields. They can jump into the alley when under fire, then they can scale back up the wall to harass the other team with minimal risk to themselves. Catians are also the only race capable of getting jump flank kills. You know what I am talking about, using the catain's +75% jump to leap over a player's head while firing a pulsewave flank shot. The player has to do a complete 180 turn, and you can just hop back over their head to continue the cycle.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=46

Last edited by buccaneerdtb; 11-08-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Captain
# 82
11-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buccaneerdtb View Post
Very important note, the person behind the "futurecaptain" account here on the forums is not nulonu. Biggles intentionally took the name here on the forums for himself.
Captain
# 83
11-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarstreak View Post
Regarding Resists + Healing foiling standard damage, it sounds good in theory, but it leads me to this thought.. If dodge chance is supposed to be the foil to crit, then having dodge chance capped at about 35% or so, so we dodge at about the same rate we crit, would work? Without other changes, I have my doubts...
I wouldn't go quite that low, it's possible for Tactical officers to reach 60% Critical chance for brief periods of time. I had suggested 75% as a cap, but as Hawk said, they don't want to cap dodge at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulonu View Post
The dyson tier 5 ability isn't really OP at all. That +1000 is a bit misleading. The ground set's hunker down makes you more resistant then this does. It's more like a vascular regenerator that gives you a damage boost. Unlike the other rep clickies tho, the cool down is 5 minutes w/o tac ini. It'll be useful for sure.
The Nukara Strikeforce, New Romulus, and Omega Force Tier V reputation systems are intentionally locked out of cooldown reduction when they were released with Season 7. There was a dev post about it in the Tribble test section on how they didn't want the tier V abilities reduced by cooldown reducing abilities. If the Dyson reputation is reduced by Tactical Initiative, the devs really need to know about it. +1000 damage resistance isn't too shabby though, it's enough to maintain a 75% all damage resistance by the damage resistance diminishing returns formula standards. It's going to make playing with that ability active rather difficult to kill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeion1 View Post
There is an option that allows you to face your target. This will prevent your target from flanking you. I suggest turning it on. Will not help against multiple opponents. Which you could not do to begin with.
When directly above a target, the cat is within a player's rear 180 degree arc. Flanking damage is applied. It's why you so many cat players jumping back and forth over a player's head.

Last edited by majortiraomega; 11-08-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 84
11-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Quote:
It's going to make playing with that passive active rather difficult to kill.
Huh? How can you have a passive active? Are they not opposites, lol?
Captain
# 85
11-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Huh? How can you have a passive active? Are they not opposites, lol?
That was a misstype on my part, I have correct the wording, thanks for calling it.
Republic Veteran
# 86
11-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
That was a misstype on my part, I have correct the wording, thanks for calling it.
I was not trying to correct wording, it just sounded funny to me.
Captain
# 87
11-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:
I was not trying to correct wording, it just sounded funny to me.
It was at that, an ability is not a passive. I happened to type the wrong word. It's what I get for working on two replies to two different topics at once.
Lt. Commander
# 88
11-09-2013, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Very important note, the person behind the "futurecaptain" account here on the forums is not nulonu. Biggles intentionally took the name here on the forums for himself.
Biggles what lol? People just love saying my name when some kind of QQ is involved I guess!
Lt. Commander
# 89
11-09-2013, 06:37 AM
Quote:
I wouldn't go quite that low, it's possible for Tactical officers to reach 60% Critical chance for brief periods of time. I had suggested 75% as a cap, but as Hawk said, they don't want to cap dodge at this time.

The Nukara Strikeforce, New Romulus, and Omega Force Tier V reputation systems are intentionally locked out of cooldown reduction when they were released with Season 7. There was a dev post about it in the Tribble test section on how they didn't want the tier V abilities reduced by cooldown reducing abilities. If the Dyson reputation is reduced by Tactical Initiative, the devs really need to know about it. +1000 damage resistance isn't too shabby though, it's enough to maintain a 75% all damage resistance by the damage resistance diminishing returns formula standards. It's going to make playing with that ability active rather difficult to kill.

When directly above a target, the cat is within a player's rear 180 degree arc. Flanking damage is applied. It's why you so many cat players jumping back and forth over a player's head.
Yep been doing this since day one it seems simply the logical move and anyone doing it too clearly knows how to play the game. In any case cats are an extremely minor issue now in ground pvp as opposed to a year ago. Really it's shanty that provides the only significant advantage to cats now. Once disable immunites are readded the pounce chaining will no longer be an issue. The extra dodge a cat has is useless if they have no dmg resists left to to physicists hiding behind constant hard cover only coming out to release doff exploited debuffs than hiding again. Think a popular kind of chocolate to know which pvp fleet I am referring too that literally can only win via this tactic. Gonna suck for them when the stacking gets nerfed since they have no good tacts.
Captain
# 90
11-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tron4eternity View Post
Biggles what lol? People just love saying my name when some kind of QQ is involved I guess!
Back in March you were "futurecaptain" here on the forums, which is Nulonu's handle. I just wanted buccaneerdtb to be aware that the reply I made was replying to you in his linked post, rather than replying to nulonu.