Captain
# 31
11-08-2013, 04:13 AM
Console schmonsole.

Where Cryptic dropped the ball, imho, with the LoR push for the KDF was on two fronts:

1) Romulans - c'mon, why roll a new KDF toon when you can roll an OP Romulan...eh?

2) Ships. Sure, it was nifty to get folks in there with a new KDF toon from the start - giving them a couple new ships down low, but in a game where you ding 50 in a weekend - why were no ships added for endgame?

There's the new mythical KDF ship that's constantly pushed off. How many new Fed ships have been added while that mythical KDF ship has been held out like as a shadowy carrot? There's the continued talk of various Fleet ships being added - the Fleet Kar'Fi is on the way, but hey - c'mon, that was only done cause they were doing the Fleet Atrox and Fleet Ar'kif. We all know that.

Fleet Assault Negh'Var? Been mentioned many a time...with nada to show for it. Again recently they've mentioned the Fleet Guramba and even a Fleet Marauder.

Hrmm, they just dropped out the new Cruiser Commands...and...there's not a single KDF boat that can run all four, because the KDF do not have a Cruiser. Tuatara or Brigand? Zilant, Talon, or Slavemaster?

The Roms have the Scimitar Dreadnoughts...not Cruiser Dreadnoughts, mind you. The Feds have the Gal-X (which, ahem, is held out as a shadowy carrot to the Feds as something that's supposed to get love down the road). Where are the Balaur, Ravager, and Warbarge for the KDF?

Cryptic may have looked at the numbers of new KDF with LoR and been disappointed. I say...duh! Going back to those two things, what did they expect? Diehard KDF fans had already rolled KDF - perspective KDF fans aren't idiots and those two items stand out like a sore thumb...a big ol' red throbbin' and shinin' cartoon sore thumb.

It's all good though...cause all the Fed players still complain they don't have enough ships nor powerful enough ships. Hey, they just got a Battle Cruiser. They'll probably get a Flight-Deck Cruiser before the KDF see a normal Cruiser. Heck, the Feds will probably get Raiders and Raptors and whatever else you please before the KDF see anything...

...but it's not a hate on the Feds thing, nah - cause you've got Rom players out there complaining that they underpowered and need better stuff.

It's just an epic /facepalm sort of thing...and it's going to be what it's going to be.

So never mind me, I'm just going to go back to flying around in circles healing in CE to get first place for those awesome Mk X rewards...
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Captain
# 32
11-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aetam1 View Post
Differences between the factions can be nice. It motivates players to try the other faction and can help players who have seen everything to find something new, but I really do not care about the consoles.

Consoles are nothing but a bit of flair and for me they do not represent a faction. The difference should be in ships. A ship can really change the gameplay.
In the end none of that mattered when I chose KDF. I was playing both factions, when the starbases came I decided to focus on KDF and with the rep system my feds got neglected even further.
Why did I chose KDF? Because I like the flair, I like klingons. Did I look at the consoles? The ships? Not really. Although I do like battlecruisers. And it pains me to admit but all of my 5 KDF toons have a lockbox ship. I hope that will change with the next KDF ship release.

What the KDF would really need is a tv show focused on them. That would get us players.

Oh and for the pvp aspect: it would probably be best if both sides had access to all consoles.
it wouldn't be best if both sides had access to all consoles then there is one less reason to try other sides.
Feds need nothing new for a very mlong time, they will still have way more stuff then the KDF has anyway. Stop trying to take every last thing away from the KDF. Especially something we all paid 1500 zen for. If feds can get that in a lockbox for ec its just a plain insult and ripping KDF players who bought that off.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions

Last edited by marc8219; 11-08-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 33
11-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
it wouldn't be best if both sides had access to all consoles then there is one less reason to try other sides.
Feds need nothing new for a very mlong time, they will still have way more stuff then the KDF has anyway. Stop trying to take every last thing away from the KDF. Especially something we all paid 1500 zen for. If feds can get that in a lockbox for ec its just a plain insult and ripping KDF players who bought that off.
I really can't see a person playing a faction for one console. And for pvp dropping the factions and making a single queue would be best anyway (in my opinion).

2 factions would have a lot of pvp potential in theory but we all know that will never be used. So they could just mix the arena and cnh. Would make matches pop faster. And with romulans on both sides we are halfway there anyway.

And I am primarily a KDF player. I have 5 max lvl full rep KDF toons, 3 max rep KDF roms and 0 max rep feds. I don't even have a max lvl fed rom. So I am no fed trying to steal KDF toys
My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
Commander
# 34
11-08-2013, 03:35 PM
i just want a phaser based lockbox with a fancy set in it ... disruptor allready had too much love ...
it's not the ship or the build, it's the atitude
Captain
# 35
11-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgresearcher View Post
i just want a phaser based lockbox with a fancy set in it ... disruptor allready had too much love ...
A 7.6% doohickey?
Some "STUFF" Phasers rather than Phased "STUFF" sort of thing?
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Career Officer
# 36
11-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
A 7.6% doohickey?
Some "STUFF" Phasers rather than Phased "STUFF" sort of thing?
Its a bad situation to be sure. On the one hand you get KDF players who are rightfully annoyed at being treated like third class citizens. On the other you have fed players who are rightfully annoyed at seeing the KDF get "incentives" (bribes to get people to play KDF). As an example, just to clear any doubts: feds get offered more stuff to buy. More ships, more costumes, etc. Mainly because its easier to make costumes for them and they will get sold to more people. The KDF gets less stuff to buy but Cryptic thought they'd be clever and try to convince players to go KDF by giving them some better toys (generally speaking the KDF had vastly superior consoles) and better QoL (when doffing came about, they get more Dil from it by far).

Neither side is happy, how could they be? Feds feel its unfair the KDF gets access to exclusive stuff that is better than their own exclusive stuff (and they are mostly right), and the KDF feels its unfair they never get new toys (also mostly right). Cryptic tried to be clever and all its caused is player resentment. Both sides are right to complain, but unfortunately they tend to focus their anger at each other rather than Cryptic. It doesn't help that players eat up lockbox ships like crazy, it just allows them to be lazy and unimaginative about it all and make one ship to sell to both sides for huge profits. Honestly, I haven't felt Cryptic has been earning their money for a while now, I can only hope S8 will change my opinion.... not that I'm holding my breath.

The fact that some are openly stating that exclusive stuff is a mayor aspect of faction identity is telling of just how big a mess Cryptic has made of things. So what can we as players do to make them see there's a problem that has to be addressed? we can stop spending on lockboxes for a start. That might make them realize we're not happy with business as usual. I'm not holding my breath for that either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.