Captain
# 311
10-17-2013, 02:13 PM
Personally, I'm hoping they'll at least get around to updating the Foundry search engine to allow for better search refinements sometime before the sun grows dark and goes out...

I'd like the ability to save 'Favorite Missions' and 'Favorite Authors' some before that though...
----
Yeager-Type; add it as a Federation 'Raider' and watch KDF players go crazy...

Queued Events alone do not player participation bring...
Commander
# 312
10-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Map Editor – Future Goals

Create fully customized interior layouts from room and hallway pieces
Place lights directly on a map
Use a random name generator for contacts and actors
Placing “anomaly” crafting nodes into maps
Custom behaviors for encounters (custom AI)
Placement of auto-generated civilian populations
The ability to create custom planetary surface (exterior) maps
3-D visualization while editing to improve placement of details
“Make a random map” option to speed up map creation

Mission Editor – Future Goals

Give the player quest items used by the mission
The ability to create content that takes place on the player’s own “bridge” interior
Custom cut scenes as part of the mission

Other Uses of Foundry Content

Using Foundry to create custom starship bridge and ship interiors
Using Foundry to create custom starbase interiors
Using Foundry to create PvP maps
Using Foundry to create Fleet Action maps

If ANY of this happens within my lifetime I'll be quite happy. Particularly that last block.
These are the unoriginal voyages of the starship Aether. Its continuing mission: to explore boring new worlds, seek out Dilithium and Reputation, to boldly go where everyone has gone before.
Ensign
# 313 Import/Export
11-08-2013, 05:32 PM
I can live with all the problems the foundry has, but please, just give us back the ability to import/export costumes if only from one foundry mission to another!
Starfleet Veteran
# 314
11-08-2013, 07:40 PM
12-06-2010, 10:40 PM

That was the time stamp for the threads creation. Here we are, on the cusp of Year 3 of this thread, and no update for it. I would almost call this a necrothread by now, but that might call forth forum-daryl-dixon and slay it. Oh powers taht be, I beseech you, come down from within the fabric cubicles, with your assortment of doodads and 1 allocated plastic plant, and bestow upon us new computer slates of knowledge of what will be planned, what is already in the works, and what could very well be in the future.
Starfleet Veteran
# 315
12-13-2013, 07:46 AM
We have reached the 3 year and one week anniversary of the posting of the roadmap. While I must admit, it is a milestone in itself for keeping some a complex and daresay ambitious project alive, it falls to me once again to ask, when are we going to see some form of update to this post?
  • It has been stickied in the forum for an age.
  • It has not seeing the loving hand of a developer grace it since its inception
  • The milestones detailed in it have been brought to fruition for the most part, but an update of the vision would be appropriated