Captain
# 11
11-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
From Ent.

Aenar: "I've never met a Blue-skin before."

Shran: "How do you know my skin is blue?"

Now, the real question is, how does a species that can't see even know what colors are? I'm willing to accept that they have a type of perception that allows them spacial awareness along with shape. But Color is a product of light hitting the eyes.
Perhapse their skin or some other feature IS able to distinguish electromagnetic spectra WITHOUT the use of eye sight. It is possible to detect brilliance (blue light is more brilliant than red light) without being able to distinguish any other information. Yes, that sounds like sight, but there are some people who are legally blind but can still make out the difference between light an dark, or colors without actually being able to see.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
11-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
From Ent.

Aenar: "I've never met a Blue-skin before."

Shran: "How do you know my skin is blue?"

Now, the real question is, how does a species that can't see even know what colors are? I'm willing to accept that they have a type of perception that allows them spacial awareness along with shape. But Color is a product of light hitting the eyes.
They are psychic, perhaps they don't know what blue is, but know that Psychics are like them and those who aren't psychic have blue skin.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Empire Veteran
# 13
11-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
The Aenar are blind aren't they?

Play an Andorian, tinit your skin white and turn off your monitor.
Post of the day!!! Roflmaoo!!!

In all seriousness, I have always wanted a playable aenar race (you can tell from my andoran engie who has 4 aenar boffs as ground support) so I fully support the OP's suggestion. That being said, our special racial trait should be better than just the lamezorz projected image ability of the aenar boff. I'm thinking that a telepathic confuse ability that tricks the enemy into shooting at each other would be much more appropriate. Thoughts?
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!