Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 21
11-09-2013, 01:40 PM
I want pie now for some reason
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Career Officer
# 22
11-09-2013, 01:46 PM
C
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
What I am really mad about is not the amount of money spent - it's the amount of money spent by these very good players who then use this tuner gear to roll pug players. They will destroy pvp. Myself I knew why I died quick - they were a focused team and as soon as they saw me as the biggest threat they 5vs1 ganked me to take out the most dangerous target firstw then easily move off to pick the rest down with a few shoots. 3 feds were fairly noobish - one won't be coming back for sure - the others I don't know.

So why do you spend all this time and money just to stomp newer or more casual players? For Cryptic it's all 'metrics' and this carp is just going to equal more people trying again maybe next few weeks and saying: screw this!

At this point I blame the PvP vets just as much as cryptic.
Can PVP vets be as much blame?

Can you blame them for putting in the time, effort, grind, RL or in game money to maxmise and optimise their builds.

Can you blame Team work for being OP???

It's Cryptic to be blammed FULLY.

Where are the balanced queues? Where are the queues with no rep/ only white gear???

Where is the fully integrated and fully working Team speak integration?

You enter a street race, there are bound to be ferrari's and high end Lambourgini's. Can you blame them for winning countless races, grinding and saving up to get those cars.

No ones gets that experiance and high end gear over night.

It is alot better than before believe me. How many STF'S did you do to get your Omega/ MACO/KHG set, not sure about you but it took me just under 1000 and that's not an exaggeration.

Instead of looking for others to blame, have a look at yourself before you cry foul. It aint their fault their more experianced and have grinded their gear.

You do know it is a pugmade as well, can you expect your own team to have 3 Scis and 2 Tacs with builds maximised for team play? 8/10 times it's all tacs because everyone wants to blow things up or having self preservation builds with minimal cross heals i.e 23 sec RSP and no extend shields

Maybe those on your team want to farm Dilithium too, or complete new players not distributing shields and having rainbow build.

Money is not the end all. Whenever the JHAS is in a lockbox and people win it, look how many hit the queues and die quickly, inexperianced, fail builds e.t.c. You can't give a ferrari to a person that just learned to drive for example.

You have to take things into context before blaming others, you had a underpowered/ under experianced team. It happens to everyone, putting experianced players with new players and pitting them against a team who has team play and experiance will mostly lose.

Add to that cheese and you have a recipe for rage quitting.

Others quit PVP others don't. Either way it's your choice, you can either refuse to be beaten and get better, get advice, get the gear, transcend self builds and more team builds. Have a SCI toon healer.

Losing is good, makes you critque your builds and note what works and what doesn't. There is never a quick fix to PVP. All good player lose, it's how they react to it that matters.

So the question remains, are you going to throw in the towel and QQ or you going to refuse to give in and fight back with avengence?

Are you a man or a mouse, which are you?

If you don't want to be pugstomped use Tyler durden for all your organised PVP needs
Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit long ago
- Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
/channel_join Tyler Durden for Organised Balanced PVP matches

Last edited by g0h4n4; 11-09-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Captain
# 23
11-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Myself I knew why I died quick - they were a focused team and as soon as they saw me as the biggest threat they 5vs1 ganked me to take out the most dangerous target firstw then easily move off to pick the rest down with a few shoots.
Uhumm ...

Quote:
Well I told you before and I'll tell you again ... . The amount of time you spend on the forums makes me question if you do anything in game at all .

As to getting ganked -- it's not pleasant and not fun . But it happens .
But putting 50% of the woes of PVP on the shoulders of the players is unrealistic at best .

- In game , if you want 'fair play' go and PVP 1 VS 1 . Team PVP often requires teaming up against a foe . That's nothing new .

- Out of game , the PVP community has provided countless amount of data , reviews and insight to Cryptic about their own damn game , only to be rewarded with the proverbial middle finger in terms of content .
At this point I'm willing to go as far as to say that Cryptic is using the PVP community .
http://s28.postimg.org/663z5paa5/New_Sig_2_14.png
For more info click : Here and here .
Captain
# 24
11-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Most of the other things mentioned above - the participants moderate who goes against who. If cryptic does noting else with PvP it is the players fault just as much as theirs - why? Because most of those vets rolling pugs are doing it just for fun! And if they don't know they are killing PvP by driving off New players they are just stupid - but I highly suspect they know exactly what they are doing and just to care about the long-term health of pvp. So people saying don't blame the players are just being neive.

Is it my fault for pugging it? Sure. Is it their fault for helping to reduce PvP player population -definitely - don't say they don't no better. At a certain point when you get to be so good you should not be puggng it with players - like myself - who PvP only a few times per week.

This concern of scaring people off PvP should be even more in the minds of KDF players so that eventually no-one q's for fvk. At this point cryptic has taken a hands of approach to PvP - promises will most likely never be fulfilled. Therefore it is even more important then ever that the vets take the lead. The demise or rise of pvp really is all up to them.

Last edited by newromulan1; 11-09-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Captain
# 25
11-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Quote:
What I am really mad about is not the amount of money spent - it's the amount of money spent by these very good players who then use this tuner gear to roll pug players. They will destroy pvp. Myself I knew why I died quick - they were a focused team and as soon as they saw me as the biggest threat they 5vs1 ganked me to take out the most dangerous target firstw then easily move off to pick the rest down with a few shoots. 3 feds were fairly noobish - one won't be coming back for sure - the others I don't know.

So why do you spend all this time and money just to stomp newer or more casual players? For Cryptic it's all 'metrics' and this carp is just going to equal more people trying again maybe next few weeks and saying: screw this!

Not trying to be the devil's advocate here, but can you really go up to a seasoned pvper who has put a lot of time and effort into his/her builds and tell them they're not allowed to queue. What the heck did they do the min maxing for then? Tyler durden? Last time I saw match being set up was days ago.
**~Reality under scrutiny~**
@haudace
Fed Fleet: Operation Omega Task Force | KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Captain
# 26
11-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
Not trying to be the devil's advocate here, but can you really go up to a seasoned pvper who has put a lot of time and effort into his/her builds and tell them they're not allowed to queue. What the heck did they do the min maxing for then? Tyler durden? Last time I saw match being set up was days ago.
Well this will be my last post on the matter-I have a bad head cold and reading my last post half was gibberish. That said I doubt cryptic will do anything to ever fix PvP - so it should die off if the current vet players don't do more - or in the case of my match - less to save it. Should it totally be up to the players to save it? Of course not. It's just the reality if PvP is to survive or have any hope of giving cryptic the 'metrics' to do anything.
Career Officer
# 27
11-09-2013, 03:50 PM
The drive to win is what brings us to the grind. Our humility is what tempers us to allow fresh players into the mix. Long live PVP.
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Captain
# 28
11-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Quote:
$500 million
Wow, they must've been billionaires. No offense. More seriously, you don't have to spend THAT much on the game, many people think little modifiers are gonna make a gigantic difference, they make a good difference, but to tell you the truth - it's exaggerated.
I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
You'll be able to engage ablative armor while moving!
Captain
# 29
11-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
What about having the simple decency, the sportsmanship to dial it back some when you realize you are much, much better than your opponent though? When you're just playing say Soulcalibur or Smash Brothers for fun with your friends, especially when its your game and you know it much better than they do, do you pull out your best characters and hand them their ass round after round, or do you go random select and make sure everyone's having a good time?
Career Officer
# 30
11-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
What about having the simple decency, the sportsmanship to dial it back some when you realize you are much, much better than your opponent though? When you're just playing say Soulcalibur or Smash Brothers for fun with your friends, especially when its your game and you know it much better than they do, do you pull out your best characters and hand them their ass round after round, or do you go random select and make sure everyone's having a good time?
Easier said than done, but if I am on TS with my fleet mates or others and it's obvious it's a pug stomp we stop communicating.

It's not like we could get into our shuttles mid way through the fight.

Also take into consideration not all VETS and new players are honourable. Both will rage what ever you do.

If VETS hold back and lose, the other team gloats and doesn't care the 'excuses' if the VET team holds back and still wins, the other team crys foul and accuses of hacking/ pug stomping e,t,c

Your damned if you do and damned if you don't. Please see it from both sides, it isn't as simple as taking our shields off is it?

there's so many guides out there for decent builds and how to survive, hilbert, DDI and Mimey e.t.c

Either way, it's about your current attitude.... do you take it like a man or do you die crying???

It's PVP someone's got to die....
Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit long ago
- Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
/channel_join Tyler Durden for Organised Balanced PVP matches

Last edited by g0h4n4; 11-09-2013 at 04:56 PM.