Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
# 31
11-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Rom do need more ships, but give that faction time, like a year, before adding more ships to them due to newness. kdf needs it desperately. if after a year, Rom AND KDF have only one or two new ships, then theres an even bigger problem than we thought.
most of my toons are fed, only because KDF has no ships worth buying that i dont have already (3 ships really)
Captain
# 32
11-06-2013, 03:52 PM
KDF and Roms need ships worse than the feds do. Proven fact.
Captain Marrik Steele, USS Nike(Avenger)
Captain Lunamaria Hawke, IKS Eclipse(Varanus)
Commander Altair RRW Anduril(Ak'rif Warbird)
Survivor of Romulus
# 33
11-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by potasssium View Post
I would argue the Romulan's need a ship that can access cruiser commands and a science ship while the KDF need a Sci ship.
Than both the Feds and KDF need a vessel with integrated Romulan Battle Cloak and Singularity Powers.

Klingons don't even have a ship that has access to Cruiser Commands . By which I mean they only have BattleCruisers and Flight Deck Cruisers there is no actual Cruiser, no Dreadnought either.

I'd even buy a C-Store Tor'kaht at the moment I'd like a new Klingon ship. Let's be honest there should be C-Store variants of at least the Tor'kaht and Neh'var.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Career Officer
# 34
11-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talonxv View Post
KDF and Roms need ships worse than the feds do. Proven fact.
MOOOORE fed ships, because we are the majority
Commander
# 35
11-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Was this whole thread just one big troll? MORE Fed ships?! Do you even HAVE a KDF toon that isnt just for farming Contra?

End Transmission
Career Officer
# 36
11-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Yes, I realize the thread title was farcical.

The KDF hasn't gotten a new ship in two years, and the raptors were never fixed. Fix the existing raptors, add a 5 tac console somraw, and a couple honest-to-Kahless science ships. And a KDF equivalent of the Avenger would be nice too.
Lieutenant
# 37
11-07-2013, 03:14 PM
No more! For the love of god, no more!! LOL

That said, I honestly think that we (Feds) DO NOT really need any more ships right now. As it is, there's almost too many to choose from at the moment.

This is just my personal opinion, but...I think the focus should now be on getting Romulans caught up ship wise, and even the KDF.

Now that the KDF is getting more attention story-wise, it only makes sense for them to get more ships as well. I mean come on, they've been flying pretty much the same ships since day one.

And of course Rommies since they're the new Mini-Faction in game, so again, it makes sense that they get more ships as well.

Fellow Feds don't like it? Well...they can play a KDF or Rommie for a while, THEN they can start their complaints
Career Officer
# 38
11-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Too bad its fan made art otherwise I'd buy this for a Romulan sci ship [see D'shara #3]

http://www.deviantart.com/moreliketh...ists/145560094

Really need some more sci loving KDF side though, [make ships that don't turn like a school bus with flat tires they might sell better, though the Cruiser commands and Dilith mine consoles have given my Bortasque' a new lease on life ]

ps. fleshing out the kdf non-klingon races with some females playable characters , costumes, ships, and a unique weapons, mini story arc story would help also, lots of potential untapped market there.

A kick **** take no prisioners Nausicaan female captain thats not alien-gen created wielding the Nausicaan energy lance the vendor has by the Qo'nos tailor would be a nice addition.
Captain
# 39
11-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Does the KDF really need a Si ship? i dont see that many varanus when i'm on my klink toon. besides with the whole culture of the klingons, science would be a secondary endeavor. AND klingon ships have a lot more uni slots in thier ships. you CAN make a scienc-ey ship if you really want to.

that said, they could introduce a K'vort sci ship, or a three pack. the definitely need to introduce a K'Tinga variant for the romulans. there should also be a interim warbird to bridge between the 22nd century warbirds and the d'deridex, NOT the BOP looking guys.
Empire Veteran
# 40
11-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy904 View Post
Does the KDF really need a Si ship? i dont see that many varanus when i'm on my klink toon. besides with the whole culture of the klingons, science would be a secondary endeavor. AND klingon ships have a lot more uni slots in thier ships. you CAN make a scienc-ey ship if you really want to.

that said, they could introduce a K'vort sci ship, or a three pack. the definitely need to introduce a K'Tinga variant for the romulans. there should also be a interim warbird to bridge between the 22nd century warbirds and the d'deridex, NOT the BOP looking guys.
Yes actually.

There may not be many Varanus' about, but that's because most people don't like it. Stat-wise, it is mostly a copy-paste of the D'kyr I believe, but with less shields.

Which basically boils it down to being mediocre in today's game. It's just so obsoleted. Only way to get a decent sci ship is either fly a carrier like the Vo'quv, or get a lockbox ship, which not everyone can afford.

And in PvP, you NEED good sci-ships of some sort. PvE it isn't as vital, but that doesn't mean that the KDF isn't majorly lacking in something.

And more uni slots on ships? Not really. Over all, Feds and Romulans almost always get ships with uni slots anymore. Sure the KDF have gotten some, and BoPs have a full uni layout, but that isn't really unique anymore, and BoPs, while they make decent pseudo-sci ships, can only go so far.