Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 126
# 1 Alleged FAW "Exploit"
11-10-2013, 09:06 AM
After revisiting an old team strategy of 5 tachs with faw in Ker'rat and arena today we where accused of exploiting. There has been a a few post in the forums about FAW teams lately also.

I wanted to say FAW teams (15-20K ISE damage) where just as deadly before LOR and now more people are using it so please stop complaining how FAW teams are OP, this strategy has been around a long time.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...essure&page=20

post #193

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tggh_vMSPlg

Published on Apr 25, 2013


FAW teams can be beat stop complaining and figure out how to beat them...
Punish the feds!!!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 620
# 2
11-10-2013, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieeatter View Post
After revisiting an old team strategy of 5 tachs with faw in Ker'rat and arena today we where accused of exploiting. There has been a a few post in the forums about FAW teams lately also.

I wanted to say FAW teams (15-20K ISE damage) where just as deadly before LOR and now more people are using it so please stop complaining how FAW teams are OP, this strategy has been around a long time.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...essure&page=20

post #193

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tggh_vMSPlg

Published on Apr 25, 2013


FAW teams can be beat stop complaining and figure out how to beat them...
12-20k is not = to 30-40k or even more with added bleedthrough

also its not about faw its about power drain and having all powers on global with a2b.

btw there is a thread about this .
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,041
# 3
11-10-2013, 09:25 AM
you do realize, that 15-20k is now an individual stat in a pug for an eng or sci, not a full on 5 men tac team?

power creep made faw stupidly powerful. it was strong for long, but not as strong as DHCs. everyone whined, now it is stronger then DHCs. now everyone whines. in a year DHCs will be OP again. I am still waiting for the time, when sci players will be OP (again) tho
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,574
# 4
11-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieeatter View Post
stop complaining
Not until they fix the proc issue which is broken with FAW.

I'll leave the complaining about OP/UP to other folks, but I'm not going to stop complaining about something that is broken.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 620
# 5
11-10-2013, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
I'll leave the complaining about OP/UP to other folks, but I'm not going to stop complaining about something that is broken.
*pops a party amp* LOL
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,574
# 6
11-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainedna View Post
*pops a party amp* LOL
That's a good example. While some folks prefer to focus their complaints in one area - oh say...they've got no particular problem with people of various sexual persuasions, they would prefer that their characters were not forced into taking certain actions that those of those sexual persuasions could fulfill some fantasy alone play time with groups of male toons dancing in a certain manner...

...I prefer to complain about the Party Amps breaking any emote that a player has their character engaged in and further that they prevent any emote other than a short Combadge. I see that as broken, so I complain about it...

...while others will complain about being pawns in fantasy alone play time.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,652
# 7
11-10-2013, 12:09 PM
FAW is pretty close to an exploit in my view... that is until a dev comes around and dells me they fully intended FAW to get double the proc rate.

The issue mostly revolves around the borg weapon 2 piece with faw as I see it.

Pay attention to your bar and notice the 4-5 stacks of omega amp on your bar almost instantly when you activate faw... and then tell me you don't think that may be pretty close to what some people consider an exploit.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,574
# 8
11-10-2013, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Pay attention
To be fair to a lot of the folks, I'm not even sure they're paying enough attention to notice it...
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 620
# 9
11-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Pay attention to your bar and notice the 4-5 stacks of omega amp on your bar almost instantly when you activate faw... and then tell me you don't think that may be pretty close to what some people consider an exploit.
lol you ask people who use 1 bind to rule them all build to pay attention .Spamming spacebar bind and paying attention is already too much
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,647
# 10
11-10-2013, 01:50 PM
the number of on shot procs FAW creates inst a bug. its the fact that every beam array fires 10 shots per cycle.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:25 PM.