Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Captain
# 31
11-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleohnine View Post
Dont feel bad bro, if she gave up that easily, she was never going to stay anyways. My friend who had played WoW before only stuck around a month or so before he said the game didn't interest him. He wasn't even a casual Trek fan. You have to be a diehard Trek fan or a diehard MMO fan to stay with this game.
I was thinking the same thing myself. She didn't seem to be too much into the idea to begin with.
Republic Veteran
# 32
11-10-2013, 04:27 PM
She decided by herself to give it another shot and is working on a character right now.

The real point of this thread stands: The UI in the character creator needs some work.. either a confirmation button, or the ability to go back to that screen without losing progress.

It's a design oversight.
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||

Last edited by commanderkassy; 11-10-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 33
11-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwashington View Post
To all the people saying that she doesn't want to play, if I wasn't into Star Trek and I screwed up the same way after an hour of character editing I probably wouldn't want to play either. Hell every time I have done the exact same thing I rage quit for at least a few hours.

... just saying.
Exactly.

Yes, she fully admits to me she may not like it. All I want from her is an honest chance.

I don't blame her for rage-quitting when that happened, I would be super angry too.

This isn't about her though, it's about the creator needing some work -_-
Republic Veteran
# 34
11-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
CoH had advanced toggles like you describe. It was nice to be able to toggle specific things on and off, but it didn't stop the complaints when someone who had their toggles off made a mistake.
I miss that game x.x

Sorry for calling you an idiot earlier, I was just mad at the situation.
Captain
# 35
11-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderkassy View Post
She decided by herself to give it another shot and is working on a character right now.

The real point of this thread stands: The UI in the character creator needs some work. either a confirmation button, or the ability to go back to that screen without losing progress.

It's a design oversight.
I still recommend giving her my original advice.

Other than that, I'll agree that the current system needs work, at the very least the return of the undo button.

It might be helpful to picture Picard as Cryptic and the Borg as PWE.
Republic Veteran
# 36
11-10-2013, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwashington View Post
I still recommend giving her my original advice.

Other than that, I'll agree that the current system needs work, at the very least the return of the undo button.
Yeah why the hell did they remove undo? That's so infuriating.
Career Officer
# 37
11-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Sure, but why should someone have to do that?

A completely new person would easily do this if they wanted to go back and change their class. She isn't even a trek fan.
Sadly the changes to the tailor were meant to make things easier..... yeah.... sometimes I wonder if the devs aren't secretly passive aggressive toward STO. I'd like to think that's the case at least, otherwise they're just massively incompetent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.
Captain
# 38
11-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Quote:
I miss that game x.x
Me too. I still catch myself going into my browsers favorites list looking for the CoH forums.

Quote:
Sorry for calling you an idiot earlier, I was just mad at the situation.
No problem, there are times when I deserve to be called it and much worse so I don't take it personally.

And I've lost count of the times I've wondered if Cryptic took every common sense thing they learned about how to make an awesome MMO like CoH and threw it out the window when they made CO, STO, and NW.
C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\banner11.jpg
Republic Veteran
# 39
11-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Better say our farewells and shut down the servers, I don't think the game will ever recover from this catastrophic loss.

Captain
# 40
11-10-2013, 06:11 PM
If you want to see what Cryptic can really do to screw up a character creator, go over to CO. If it's your first time there, you won't even see about eighty percent of what you can do with your toon until you've gotten to tenth level - and even then, you have to either hear about it from another player, or stumble across it accidentally in the Tailor, because it's not like they let you know there are more options.

And kassy, nothing I said had anything to do with relationships, just one person's relative level of interest in the game. My wife, for example, made one character, and has never played again - because the game just doesn't grab her the way it does me. No big deal.
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts