Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Flotilla
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
11-05-2013, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonewbie View Post
How are the stats on weapons calculated? I can take off all 8 weapon slots but my 3 stats above will stay the same. But if i take off a console with crit or severity my stats do change. All four of my DHCs are 4% crit chance and 10% crit severity each. Does that mean my actual crit % is 13.9 + 16? Or did they do something weird like if DHC #1 fires then the stats on that weapon only are added to the totals above? which would cause mix-matched weapons with different modifiers to have different chances to hit/crit/severity?
The suffix modifiers on your weapons affect only the weapon in question, so each DHC has a 17.9% chance to crit with severity of 87.9%.
Captain
# 12
11-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Ahh kk so they its individually...

Hmm still hard to decide though hehe, i've been trying to buff my crit as high as possible. It's only 4% for 7.5% accuracy and a some more dps. Ehh i might as well try it out, i only have to get 3 more of those weapons anyways since i already had one in my bank.
Captain
# 13
11-10-2013, 01:41 AM
I wanted to bring this thread back up

I've updated some of my gear, and i'm a bit more comfortable in elites now so i was thinking about getting some AOE abilities. Below is the link to my new gear and boff setup. Disregard the skill layout in the link, i actually have a different one from the one in the link. I just didnt feel like messing with it in the planner.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...stonewbscim2_0

some other minor things:
-i hit tier 3 with all reps tomorrow
-saving up for XII KHG shields and engines
-saving up for XII assimilated deflector
-undecided on which tier IV rep torpedo launcher i want to get (hyper vs omega)
-working on marauder 4
-boff traits = 5 subterfuge + 3 SRO
-still no access to fleet weapons

My current boff layout was just something i threw together, its not all that great. But as mentioned several days ago i wanted to stay with mostly single target dps until i got more comfortable. I'll include my old boff layout just for comparison and so you guys can get a good laugh out of it

TT1, HY2, HY3
Jam Sensors (i'd never used it before hehe)
TT1, APB1, CRF2, CRF3
EPTS1, EPTW2
TSS1, HE2

Remember this is just my old boff setup i included for comparison...my new boff setup i want to go with is in the skillplanner link.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-11-2013, 07:42 AM
You are still aways away. If you are going to work toward something, work toward the right end point. Here is a good example of a Scimiatar Build.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...build=scim01_0

You can see the difference but if you want to crush STFs this bill will work. The problem with the cannon builds is turn rate. The universal consoles that come with the Scimatar are not really worth it.
Captain
# 15
11-11-2013, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaresh1 View Post
You are still aways away. If you are going to work toward something, work toward the right end point. Here is a good example of a Scimiatar Build.

You can see the difference but if you want to crush STFs this bill will work. The problem with the cannon builds is turn rate. The universal consoles that come with the Scimatar are not really worth it.
I'm not interested in building up this character into a beam/A2B build, i already have a separate character for that build.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Your layout on the whole looks fine, though I would aim for THIS. Were I to be interested in running a cannon-based Scimitar again (happy with my beamboat atm), that is how I would build it. It isn't cheap - and if you haven't already then it requires spending 1k zen on the Valdore Heavy Warbird for the shield absorptive frequency generator console (best 1k zen you'll ever spend in my opinion) - but it packs a serious wallop, and has no major survivability issues.
Career Officer
# 17
11-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaresh1 View Post

You have points into torps / mines yet no torps / mines on the ship...what is the reasoning behind this...seems like a waste of points that can go elsewhere...
Captain
# 18
11-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonewbie View Post
I wanted to bring this thread back up

I've updated some of my gear, and i'm a bit more comfortable in elites now so i was thinking about getting some AOE abilities. Below is the link to my new gear and boff setup. Disregard the skill layout in the link, i actually have a different one from the one in the link. I just didnt feel like messing with it in the planner.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...stonewbscim2_0

some other minor things:
-i hit tier 3 with all reps tomorrow
-saving up for XII KHG shields and engines
-saving up for XII assimilated deflector
-undecided on which tier IV rep torpedo launcher i want to get (hyper vs omega)
-working on marauder 4
-boff traits = 5 subterfuge + 3 SRO
-still no access to fleet weapons

My current boff layout was just something i threw together, its not all that great. But as mentioned several days ago i wanted to stay with mostly single target dps until i got more comfortable. I'll include my old boff layout just for comparison and so you guys can get a good laugh out of it

TT1, HY2, HY3
Jam Sensors (i'd never used it before hehe)
TT1, APB1, CRF2, CRF3
EPTS1, EPTW2
TSS1, HE2

Remember this is just my old boff setup i included for comparison...my new boff setup i want to go with is in the skillplanner link.
If you can help it ditch the thy3 and go for ts3!
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Captain
# 19
11-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwraith77 View Post
If you can help it ditch the thy3 and go for ts3!
My new boff layout was actually in the planner link and it does have TS3

tt1, crf1, ts3
tt1, csv1, apb2, apb3
eptw
epts, sif
tss, he2
Survivor of Remus
# 20
11-12-2013, 12:09 AM
This isn't too far off the build i currently use, where's i dropped the torps and went all DHC (i felt the level of damage the DHCs could dish out in the torp's (and ts3's) cool down was on par, or above, the actual benefit of having the torp). Doing so allowed me to free up the Lt Com seat for whatever flavour i wanted.

Peacekeeper High Command
Bylar Crais - Zelbinion IV
Scorpius - R.R.W. Kharibdyss