Lieutenant
# 1 Single Player Missions
11-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Hello,

well so far the Single Missions are very great, if you read the content, you get a great story and it is very nice to play. BUT! The End Content really lacks missions and quests. It is based on pure fighting. But this is not Star Trek. I mean, did you watch TNG? There are no epic space battles, Star Trek is based on the Idea that Men travel though space and explore it, explore, not destroy. So it would be nice if you guys could get us more REAL Star Trek stuff.

There is so much great stuff in the foundry, you could do it this way:
The player receives a mission for deep space exploring, once entered the mission the toon cant return to the regular map for 5 to 7 days. Within this 5 to 7 days the player must resolve 5 to 10 foundry missions you select. The reward for the player could be 24,000 Dilithium and 250 marks of choice. A reward like that would compensate for the toon, not being able to do any thing else, so it would give players who cant be online every day the opportunity to hold up to players who can be regularly online. Aborting the mission should be able but then the player should receive nothing.
Career Officer
# 2
11-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anahadar View Post
Star Trek is based on the Idea that Men travel though space and explore it, explore, not destroy.
Ahem! Men really?!?!?!
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-11-2013, 08:10 PM
what i would like to see is a part of sector space that once in keeps randomly generating the sector space as you go, so it feels like your flying deeper and deeper into unknown space. With randomly generated encounters with aliens and new worlds. I know putting something in the game would be a big project. to not only having to add a algorithm for sector space but for planets and aliens as well, but if cryptic could overcome this it would make for one hell of a good time.

MY FLEET:http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=498091
Captain
# 4
11-11-2013, 10:42 PM
I think Q said it best. It would be nice to have more TNG content (less pew pew, more cerebral), but the Galaxy is not a civil place.

"JP: Q...end this.
Q: Moi? What makes you think I'm either inclined or capable to terminate this encounter?
JP: If we all die here, now, you will not be able to gloat. You wanted to frighten us. We're frightened. You wanted to show us we were inadequate. For the moment, I grant that. You wanted me to say 'I need you.'? I NEED you!
Q: That was a difficult admission. Another man would have been humiliated to say those words. Another man would have rather died than ask for help.
JP: I understand what you've done here, Q, but I think the lesson could've been learned without the loss of 18 members of my crew.
Q: If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires, both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
Lieutenant
# 5
11-12-2013, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstick606 View Post
what i would like to see is a part of sector space that once in keeps randomly generating the sector space as you go, so it feels like your flying deeper and deeper into unknown space. With randomly generated encounters with aliens and new worlds. I know putting something in the game would be a big project. to not only having to add a algorithm for sector space but for planets and aliens as well, but if cryptic could
overcome this it would make for one hell of a good time.
Probably an even better Idea, or a combination would be great. So every Player could decide what he/she wants to do. And play the game like he/she wants to.

Last edited by anahadar; 11-12-2013 at 04:20 AM.
Career Officer
# 6
11-12-2013, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abfabfleet View Post
Ahem! Men really?!?!?!
Heh. I assume the Women must be at home in the kitchen, watching the babies, while the Men explore. Seems fair to me.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Captain
# 7
11-12-2013, 04:54 AM
So... Exploration should be revamped and expanded?
# 8
11-12-2013, 06:00 AM
I think that the OP wants what we have in the "Explore X Area of Space" mission we get in Nebulas etc which tbf would be a good thing I get bored out of blowing everything up and a little diplomacy isn't that far fetched in the galaxy lol it's not always pew pew pew it sometimes zzz at the diplomatic table xD

and in the interests of the post Humanity is out exploring the galaxy not just men even though I know you didn't mean it to come across as that lol.
Captain
# 9
11-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstick606 View Post
what i would like to see is a part of sector space that once in keeps randomly generating the sector space as you go, so it feels like your flying deeper and deeper into unknown space. With randomly generated encounters with aliens and new worlds. I know putting something in the game would be a big project. to not only having to add a algorithm for sector space but for planets and aliens as well, but if cryptic could overcome this it would make for one hell of a good time.
I think we have something like that already. It's called the exploration cluster missions. No, it is not perfect, but it is pretty much what you have just asked for.
Lieutenant
# 10
11-14-2013, 04:09 PM
No I mean Missions that tell a Story, like the Foundry missions do. The Cluster Missions are nce, but they do not tell a story AND they do not reward enough.