Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Flotilla
Login

Captain
# 21
11-12-2013, 06:27 AM
Eh his planned build will be sufficient enough to net a good dps range while still a fun build. Granted it won't be an uber faw spammer or park and cannon death, but will still yield respectable dps to handle any elite stf thrown at him/her.

If you have come to the forums to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of the Romulan Tal'Shiar fleet
Rihannsu
# 22
11-12-2013, 06:42 AM
elite tip: no torpedoes or mines of any kind, and use beams only. dont bother with CC.
Say the word, it saves the world.
CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
Commander
# 23
11-12-2013, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwraith77 View Post
Eh his planned build will be sufficient enough to net a good dps range while still a fun build. Granted it won't be an uber faw spammer or park and cannon death, but will still yield respectable dps to handle any elite stf thrown at him/her.
My original build is listed as post #2 and it has dauren8484 as #1 (from when the forums got messed up a few days ago).

The map with the starbase, where the Tac cube comes out of the gate at the end? Someone had a dps meter running the other day and i think i was averaging 8k dps. But on the tac cube they said i was over 30k+ dps. I dont run meters in STO, so i dont know if thats only good, or if its really really good or what (considering my gear quality at the time). I know that there's a lot of factors too like my CDs and how long they were running, how long the fight was and how much dps the other 4 people were putting out. I dunno i guess it was ok, cause the guy tried to recruit me into his fleet after the run hehe.
Republic Veteran
# 24
11-14-2013, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxfire View Post
elite tip: no torpedoes or mines of any kind, and use beams only. dont bother with CC.
Sorry, but what is "CC"?
Commander
# 25
11-14-2013, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scimitar2 View Post
Sorry, but what is "CC"?
Crowd Control

Gravity Well is a good example of a CC because it causes enemy ships to be stuck in place for a few seconds. Tractor beam is another one and even though the Crowd Control sounds like you controlling more then 1 mob, the term CC is also used when referring to abilities that control just one mob.
Captain
# 26
11-14-2013, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaresh1 View Post
You are still aways away. If you are going to work toward something, work toward the right end point. Here is a good example of a Scimiatar Build.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...build=scim01_0

You can see the difference but if you want to crush STFs this bill will work. The problem with the cannon builds is turn rate. The universal consoles that come with the Scimatar are not really worth it.
Should prolly have a few points in flow capacitors if you're going to be equipping the plasmonic leech console.