Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,506
# 2571
11-09-2013, 08:28 PM
I managed to spike 8k dps during an encounter as an engineer in my obelisk. The dps will fall significantly with traveling distance, but it's a very capable ship. A lot of heals going around too.
Reality is WAR.

| KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard |
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 390
# 2572
11-10-2013, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
depends on theloadout, did a cure elite run, i was a sci rom in my advanced obelisk with the advanged swarers.... was second best DPS at 7.7k DPS. considering i was running MK XI greens and blues, no AP mag's, I did pretty well. with the Advanced Obelisk 3 peice set, it really boosts their damage with EPTW running a lot.
Advanced obelisk + good player, i am sure you did good.
But other 90% of them...

I mean, i dont mine destroying 4/4 cubes, both gates..i, it's really not a problem.
But are they trying to kiss Donatra every time, or ram in her, or see how she looks , and i just keep yelling at everybody


R.R.W. NIGHTHAWK / R.R.W. CONDOR / R.R.W. NARADA
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,100
# 2573
11-11-2013, 05:49 AM
Yet another stinker earlier, in ISE.

Without going into elaborate detail, the core problem was generally low DPS and an idiot in a Sovereign who either had chat switched off or was ignoring it.

Said idiot, with laughable DPS, helped fight the first cube. He then ignored the initial two spheres which accompany the first cube and flew over to the first generator, where he started blasting away at one of the transformers.

Said idiots ignores requests to shoot at the cube first. We despatch the two spheres and quickly move to take out the first generator-cube. We do so, and move to start on the transformers. The low-DPS sovereign finally takes his out, whilst the rest of take ours out in short succession, and manage to take the generator down by the skin of our teeth.

Same happened other side too; we were lucky to get the optional on that one.

Sad thing is, whilst lacking in DPS, the Sovereign in question was quite tanky - he died a few times, but not as often as I would otherwise have assumed.

Switched character, to my Klingon, and played ISE again where some idiot in a Kumari decided to call the 10% rule (which I haven't seen mentioned or used for AGES), and subsequently rage-quit because it wasn't followed.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,052
# 2574
11-11-2013, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Yet another stinker earlier, in ISE.

Without going into elaborate detail, the core problem was generally low DPS and an idiot in a Sovereign who either had chat switched off or was ignoring it.

Said idiot, with laughable DPS, helped fight the first cube. He then ignored the initial two spheres which accompany the first cube and flew over to the first generator, where he started blasting away at one of the transformers.

Said idiots ignores requests to shoot at the cube first. We despatch the two spheres and quickly move to take out the first generator-cube. We do so, and move to start on the transformers. The low-DPS sovereign finally takes his out, whilst the rest of take ours out in short succession, and manage to take the generator down by the skin of our teeth.

Same happened other side too; we were lucky to get the optional on that one.

Sad thing is, whilst lacking in DPS, the Sovereign in question was quite tanky - he died a few times, but not as often as I would otherwise have assumed.

Switched character, to my Klingon, and played ISE again where some idiot in a Kumari decided to call the 10% rule (which I haven't seen mentioned or used for AGES), and subsequently rage-quit because it wasn't followed.
It is stories like this why I never go to elite stf's. I am afraid I will end up as the dumb atrox or oddy here.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,100
# 2575
11-11-2013, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiqa View Post
It is stories like this why I never go to elite stf's. I am afraid I will end up as the dumb atrox or oddy here.
But you wouldn't - you post here, on the forums, which is firm evidence that you have an interest in STO beyond actually playing the game itself. Players in instances such as the one I described, in the post you quoted, are simply ignorant.

And probably the largest problem, as evidenced by many, many posts in this very thread, is players either not listening, having in-game chat switched off, or thinking that they know better. As I said, your interest in the game extends beyond actually playing it and a LOT can be learnt from discussing various aspects of the game here, on the forums.

Heck, 10% rule? Didn't have clue what players were talking about when I first saw it, but a visit to the forum clarified that. Rainbow boat builds? I didn't really figure that mixing energy weapon types was a bad idea until I read about it here.

And to be fair, bad players are not confined to STF's. For every bad one I've experienced, there have been two good ones not far behind.

And there are also PLENTY of threads pertaining to making a good build - if you are not confident about your build, just ask; there are lots of players willing to offer advice.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 11-11-2013 at 06:22 AM.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,667
# 2576
11-11-2013, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiqa View Post
It is stories like this why I never go to elite stf's. I am afraid I will end up as the dumb atrox or oddy here.
ask for help/tips before tackling elites. space wise with the right group/equipment its not that much harder than normal, its the bosses that are the biggest difference.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.

Last edited by tenkari; 11-11-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,096
# 2577
11-11-2013, 07:06 AM
Had one hit me a few days back with a Hive Onslaught round. Me in my usual Mirror Patrol Escort, two Avengers (I think one was regular and the other was Fleet), a Fleet Support Cruiser and our favorite Obelisk. Almost immediately after the Tac Cubes were summoned, the Obelisk just outright disappears (not sure if the person DC'd or they Rage Quit), but the rest of the fight just dragged on and on. Got stuck there for a good 30 minutes before I decided to take the penalty and bail.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 184
# 2578
11-12-2013, 06:21 AM
Just came out of a Khitomer Space Elite.

Worst STF run Ive ever had, by far, thanks to what I can only assume is intentional trolling.

When Donatra appeared, one of the players, flying an Elachi escort, starts flying right up close to Donatra and using tractor beam repulsors every time he can. I assum he was running two copies from the frequency.

So not only did he shove her out of our firing arcs constantly, but when we finally caught up to her he'd trigger a cloaking cycle.

Nearly twenty minutes to kill one enemy.

Myself and 2 other players repeatedly asked him, very politely, to keep his distance via team chat bar. No response and it only seemed to egg him on.

Thinking he may have switched it off, I sent him a very polite pm explaining that his TBR was sending Donatra out of our arcs and his proximity was triggering cloak.

I wasnt nasty and was in fact very nice about the whole thing, as were my fellow players. I remember getting blasted for mistakes when I was a rookie and cant stand it when I see immature players start swearing at newbies and in particular rage quitting or going AFK.

Instead I get a foul PM back saying that, and im editing here for sake of civility, "Don't tell me what to. Reporting to GM for harrasing"

Since he clearly had been monitoring the in game chat, and since the majority of lockbox ship pilots are long-termers, I can only assume that the whole thing was relishing in a wind up.

Seriously, I get that the game is a little low on end game content right now. But I fail to see how deliberately sabotaging and being vicious to other players is entertaining in anyway. Inexperience, human error, all that I dont mind. But trolling is just stupid.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 569
# 2579
11-12-2013, 06:44 AM
Completed CSE with only 8 minutes in optional, horrible stf, some people in team were having under 10k dps... /wrist
Say the word, it saves the world.
CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,100
# 2580
11-12-2013, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave18193 View Post
Just came out of a Khitomer Space Elite.

Worst STF run Ive ever had, by far, thanks to what I can only assume is intentional trolling.

When Donatra appeared, one of the players, flying an Elachi escort, starts flying right up close to Donatra and using tractor beam repulsors every time he can. I assum he was running two copies from the frequency.

So not only did he shove her out of our firing arcs constantly, but when we finally caught up to her he'd trigger a cloaking cycle.

Nearly twenty minutes to kill one enemy.

Myself and 2 other players repeatedly asked him, very politely, to keep his distance via team chat bar. No response and it only seemed to egg him on.

Thinking he may have switched it off, I sent him a very polite pm explaining that his TBR was sending Donatra out of our arcs and his proximity was triggering cloak.

I wasnt nasty and was in fact very nice about the whole thing, as were my fellow players. I remember getting blasted for mistakes when I was a rookie and cant stand it when I see immature players start swearing at newbies and in particular rage quitting or going AFK.

Instead I get a foul PM back saying that, and im editing here for sake of civility, "Don't tell me what to. Reporting to GM for harrasing"

Since he clearly had been monitoring the in game chat, and since the majority of lockbox ship pilots are long-termers, I can only assume that the whole thing was relishing in a wind up.

Seriously, I get that the game is a little low on end game content right now. But I fail to see how deliberately sabotaging and being vicious to other players is entertaining in anyway. Inexperience, human error, all that I dont mind. But trolling is just stupid.
It's a pity - whilst the new season introduces measures that help deal with AFK players, there is sadly no method for dealing with complete idiots.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:56 PM.