Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 463
# 2581
11-12-2013, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
As I said, it seems as if the bug (lance can hit you regardless of where you are) kicks in after a certain period of time.
I'm convinced that the 'ridiculance' mechanic kicks in after the first or second team wipe. Hive seems like you either do the Unimatrix part with at least one ship still firing at them or it starts getting really hairy/nigh on impossible for most teams.

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,550
# 2582
11-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Well, I had one go pretty badly yesterday. Not worst ever by any stretch, but pretty bad.

It started well, it was a premade group who'd all done the STF before and each of us had decent gear.

But, the guy who was team leader decided that the best course of action was to run past all the Borg we didn't need to kill.... Unfortunately for me, every time I tried to out run them I got shot in the back, and often KOed. This of course resulted in numerous injuries that I couldn't heal. Why not? no idea. I picked up enough regenerators during the fight to heal the critical injuries, but every time I tried to use one the game wouldn't show me the list of injuries to heal. This made it so that I kept getting KOed every fight I was in and it kinda sucked to be me. We actually ended up losing the optional not because we weren't proceeding fast enough but because they stopped and were trying to figure out how to fix my injuries. Eventually we just gave up on that and massacred everything. The funniest moment was after a party wipe, one member tried to kill the remaining Borg alone, with predictable results...

I think the "run past them" strategy would work quite well, if you could manage to not get party wiped, ever. It would probably alsot work better if you ran through as a group instead of in a stream like we did.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,046
# 2583
11-12-2013, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
It's a pity - whilst the new season introduces measures that help deal with AFK players, there is sadly no method for dealing with complete idiots.
Sure there is. Report him to a GM for being an @$$hole. That's what I do every time I get a leecher or whatever, like this hatf**ker I got in a Crystalline a couple days ago. Spent the whole match with his Scimitar parked cloaked at the spawn point. I verbally warned him once by PM, then told the whole team to report him for being a leeching hatf**ker.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 323
# 2584
11-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
Sure there is. Report him to a GM for being an @$$hole. That's what I do every time I get a leecher or whatever, like this hatf**ker I got in a Crystalline a couple days ago. Spent the whole match with his Scimitar parked cloaked at the spawn point. I verbally warned him once by PM, then told the whole team to report him for being a leeching hatf**ker.
Well, that's certainly a term I wasn't familiar with previously.

My worst of late was just some gung-ho newbie in an ICE that went straight for the nanite generators every time, ignoring the cubes sitting on top of things and popping them as fast as his little cannons could fire. On the upside, he made good time ... on the down side he didn't communicate worth beans which made things that much more complicated for the rest of us.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 56
# 2585 cloaking is still broken
11-12-2013, 01:54 PM
My worst STO experience has to be that cloaking has been broken since the patch of 01-11-11 & I'm still getting uncloaked, both on the ground & in space, every damned time a stupid com window pops up.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
# 2586 Wow.
11-16-2013, 11:24 PM
Today: CSN. Yup, normal. Fail...

Me in my fleet excelsior with mk xii rommie set fleet tet beams (not a brag setup just info). With a tet beam oddy with borg set go right.
For some reason I don't understand I am way out DPSing the oddy, but he was trying.

One of the other cruisers went middle on his own, then went boom.

The other two (an MVAE & klink cruser), attempted to defend kang. They went boom soon and often.
Oddy and I take care of right gens and cube, with a little over 8 mins left on the timer. Making our way middle when optional timer goes red, damn. Oh well, it happens.

Look over to Kang, all three of the other group are going boom apparently inundated by the flood of 3 raptors (one of which they they managed to get down to 5% health before it killed them). I tried like mad to save the day but alas Kang went boom. Fail...

I have never had a CSN go that badly. Lol. Had to add it to the thread.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 72
# 2587
11-16-2013, 11:52 PM
My worst STF experience happened a while back. I was pugging the elites like i did back in the day, but this time, i was in my regent (on my main tac) and when i warped into the instance of ISe, there was only one person other than me in ther, the last leaver leaving right as i came in.
Normally, i'd be going 'lol, nope!' and leave, but something kept me in it. Wanting to test the build on this ship, i flew at the left gen, alone. Succeded in blowing 2 gems before i got blown. respawn, go back into certain death, getting the last gen on left and taking out a few spheres before blowing again.
After that, it was a solo tanking against the spheres, at which point the other person in the match comes to my aid. five minutes later, a third warps in. By then, the opt was blown by a long shot. But still we fought. It took forever, and we all died A LOT before the first transformer was killed. so we claw out way to the other side and repeat.
Overall, the match took about an hour, and i had run out of all the components to heal myself after death, so i was a floating wreck held together by chewing gum, rope, spit, and my own will.

Ironically, while it was my worst STF experience, it was also 1) the best stf experience because 3 did it and won, 2)a personal proving ground, 3) marked [to me] a threshold of pugging and failing and pugging and winning, and 4)worth it because i was able to throw my former fleet's doctrine of 'stick to your class' ship type' in their face
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,697
# 2588
11-17-2013, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb143 View Post
My worst STF experience happened a while back. I was pugging the elites like i did back in the day, but this time, i was in my regent (on my main tac) and when i warped into the instance of ISe, there was only one person other than me in ther, the last leaver leaving right as i came in.
Normally, i'd be going 'lol, nope!' and leave, but something kept me in it. Wanting to test the build on this ship, i flew at the left gen, alone. Succeded in blowing 2 gems before i got blown. respawn, go back into certain death, getting the last gen on left and taking out a few spheres before blowing again.
After that, it was a solo tanking against the spheres, at which point the other person in the match comes to my aid. five minutes later, a third warps in. By then, the opt was blown by a long shot. But still we fought. It took forever, and we all died A LOT before the first transformer was killed. so we claw out way to the other side and repeat.
Overall, the match took about an hour, and i had run out of all the components to heal myself after death, so i was a floating wreck held together by chewing gum, rope, spit, and my own will.

Ironically, while it was my worst STF experience, it was also 1) the best stf experience because 3 did it and won, 2)a personal proving ground, 3) marked [to me] a threshold of pugging and failing and pugging and winning, and 4)worth it because i was able to throw my former fleet's doctrine of 'stick to your class' ship type' in their face
Those are the best stf in my opinion. I'd give anything to have that sense of fun and thrill. I really can't go for high dps ships anymore, it makes things way too easy.
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 158
# 2589
11-17-2013, 09:58 PM
This may sound silly, but since S8 and the APB bug, I have no reason to play with my main science char in the borg space STFs. Completing the old 3 STFs and have 47 minutes on CD of the first one in usually sub-par teams? No problem - no challenge either. I measured that 26 seconds is the time I need to single-handedly kill a gate in KASE...not my idea of fun, too OP. Hopefully there will be a fix for it this week.
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 335
# 2590
11-20-2013, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by satanailofhwbg View Post
This may sound silly, but since S8 and the APB bug, I have no reason to play with my main science char in the borg space STFs. Completing the old 3 STFs and have 47 minutes on CD of the first one in usually sub-par teams? No problem - no challenge either. I measured that 26 seconds is the time I need to single-handedly kill a gate in KASE...not my idea of fun, too OP. Hopefully there will be a fix for it this week.
I wasn't aware attack pattern beta was bugged. How is it bugged? As i cant seem to find any other complaints on the forums about it.

Peacekeeper High Command
Bylar Crais - Zelbinion IV
Scorpius - R.R.W. Kharibdyss
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:09 AM.