Career Officer
# 1 Kumari Skins
10-12-2013, 11:31 AM
My other thread in the Fed Fleetyards went ignored, so I'm putting my case here.

I joined this game because I wanted to fly a Kumari. Three months later, my dreams came true and they were announced. Much to my horror, they were purple.

My beloved ship looks like it's been carved out of a grape Jolly Rancher. The screenshots in the gallery from February of all three variants show them with a gray, metallic hull skin. Where did this skin go? Even the Jem shield gives it these gross filler lavender colored splotches.

A few months later, the neverwinter pack was released with the light Kumari, also featuring a metallic, not purple skin in the screenshots. Players complained about buying the ship just to get the skin for 200 dollars, but a dev never confirmed that was a perk from purchasing the ship, and I've never seen one in person and google's not turning up anyone who bought one and took pictures and videos of it.

Look, the light Kumari (if it had the conventional metallic hull material) is no longer purchasable, if anyone even did get it. I paid 50 dollars for my dream ship in the hopes that one of the three variants would have a reasonable hull material, yet somehow someone found a way to color them three different shades of violet.

Please, just give me the material you posted in the dev blogs for all four ships. I just want a kumari that actually looks like the one from the show, and is made of reasonable realistic looking materials, not carved out of dilithium like some Ferengi mogul's private yacht. I can't take my favorite ship in Trek seriously, and it sits in the shipyard collecting dust like a disappointing child I expected to be a prodigy.

I omitted links because my other thread featured them but they didn't work anyway. It's not hard to find the pictures and thread I'm talking about using your search bar.

Surely I'm not alone in this sentiment?
Commander
# 2
10-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Evidently, you are the only one. Though I never put much thought into it, I suppose that you could say that the the Andorians are using advanced hull materials now, ones that won't just split in two when exposed to modern-day weaponry.
These are the unoriginal voyages of the starship Aether. Its continuing mission: to explore boring new worlds, seek out Dilithium and Reputation, to boldly go where everyone has gone before.
Captain
# 3
10-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Should of let the thread die mate. But I'll weigh in...

Ever thought of putting space sets on your shop to augment the skin?
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Commander
# 4
10-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killdozer9211 View Post
My other thread in the Fed Fleetyards went ignored, so I'm putting my case here.

I joined this game because I wanted to fly a Kumari. Three months later, my dreams came true and they were announced. Much to my horror, they were purple.

My beloved ship looks like it's been carved out of a grape Jolly Rancher. The screenshots in the gallery from February of all three variants show them with a gray, metallic hull skin. Where did this skin go? Even the Jem shield gives it these gross filler lavender colored splotches.

A few months later, the neverwinter pack was released with the light Kumari, also featuring a metallic, not purple skin in the screenshots. Players complained about buying the ship just to get the skin for 200 dollars, but a dev never confirmed that was a perk from purchasing the ship, and I've never seen one in person and google's not turning up anyone who bought one and took pictures and videos of it.

Look, the light Kumari (if it had the conventional metallic hull material) is no longer purchasable, if anyone even did get it. I paid 50 dollars for my dream ship in the hopes that one of the three variants would have a reasonable hull material, yet somehow someone found a way to color them three different shades of violet.

Please, just give me the material you posted in the dev blogs for all four ships. I just want a kumari that actually looks like the one from the show, and is made of reasonable realistic looking materials, not carved out of dilithium like some Ferengi mogul's private yacht. I can't take my favorite ship in Trek seriously, and it sits in the shipyard collecting dust like a disappointing child I expected to be a prodigy.

I omitted links because my other thread featured them but they didn't work anyway. It's not hard to find the pictures and thread I'm talking about using your search bar.

Surely I'm not alone in this sentiment?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
Should of let the thread die mate. But I'll weigh in...

Ever thought of putting space sets on your shop to augment the skin?
He said that he tried the Jem shield skin... He probably thought of other things as well and realized that none would look good. However... since we're on this topic, does anyone have a screenshot of a Kumari with Reman Prototype shields? It sounds awesome and I've never seen one...
These are the unoriginal voyages of the starship Aether. Its continuing mission: to explore boring new worlds, seek out Dilithium and Reputation, to boldly go where everyone has gone before.
Lieutenant
# 5
10-23-2013, 05:35 PM
Odd. I have no such option for them to be purple at all, just the dark copper, gunmetal blue, and gunmetal grey. How are you getting purple?
Career Officer
# 6
10-24-2013, 05:13 PM
It's be cool if instead of 3 skins, they had four.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
10-28-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm pretty sure my Kumari is not purple. If yours looks purple then probably you either have the Jem'Hadar set visuals displayed which does make most ships purple, or your monitor and/or graphics card are not working correctly. If you are using the Jem'Hadar set, try right clicking on each piece of the set and selecting disable visuals and see if that makes a difference.
Career Officer
# 8
11-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Charal skin was violet, but I found a way to make it black but still shiny.

The other two I'll concede are blue-ish, but there's still a little lavender in there. Idk. I just want a gray ship. Jem gave it gross purple splotches, omega was a step in the right direction but didn't do enough, honor guard would've been nice but can't be put on a kumari.

They listened though and we got matte skins, so assuming it isn't matte purple, all is well now. Thanks for the feedback all.

Also, nice sig dahminus.