Captain
# 1 Female models
11-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Can we please have the old ones back? The limbs looked more natural on those than they do on these models...
Captain
# 2
11-12-2013, 12:18 PM
ymmv.
imo, their better now.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Career Officer
# 3
11-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Well, I am mixed on this.. they are a tad thicker on the torso, which I personally kinda like, but the skin colour is unnaturally smooth, and thus, looks unnatural. That is most visible on classic humanoid pigmentation...

Tbh, female models do need some extra love... still cannot adjust the middle-part of the torso for example. That being sad, I don't want to completelly revert to the old model, rather than for the devs to continue on it and improve it.

"not yIbup. not yIjegh. Haw'be', SuvwI'.
reH yIvoq'egh, not yIHon'egh 'ej 'IwlIj ghogh yIQoy!"

~jodarkrider's female torso improvements suggestions~
Twitter - @JanDarkrider (mostly RP & self-parody in character)
Captain
# 4
11-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodarkrider View Post
Well, I am mixed on this.. they are a tad thicker on the torso, which I personally kinda like, but the skin colour is unnaturally smooth, and thus, looks unnatural. That is most visible on classic humanoid pigmentation...
To be honest I just want my character's old arms an legs back, they were just fine before.
Captain
# 5
11-12-2013, 12:39 PM
*sigh* the only problem I had with the old model to be honest was the chicken-leg skirts.
But those were more problems with the specific types of skirt rather than the model as a whole.
On top of that they shrunk my head!!!
Captain
# 6
11-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Am I the only one noticing that the model used by the character creator is different to the game model? my character looks fine in the tailor but the in game one has practically no lower leg to her.

I even took screenies
Career Officer
# 7
11-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by senatorvreenak View Post
*sigh* the only problem I had with the old model to be honest was the chicken-leg skirts.
But those were more problems with the specific types of skirt rather than the model as a whole.
I agree, I'm not a fan of the changes. Too-thin thigh on some skirts really was the only thing wrong with female models. Nothing else was a problem. Nothing else needed changed.

The character artists wanted to make it a lot worse. We managed to talk them down from the biggest changes on Tribble.

Oh well.
Captain
# 8
11-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Appearantly you did not manage to talk him down enough.

Honestly this is a serious game breaker for me.
Ive spent countless hours tweaking and perfecting my toons, and this just isn't ok.

Some of my costumes are even irreplacable as they consist of costume combinations that were later locked out.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:
My Reman's head was enlarged. She looks like a baseball player bobble head. Her torso is smaller and her legs unchanged. Gonna adjust her and see what I can do. Right now, she's pretty scary.
"USS Enterprise, shakedown crew's report. I think this new ship was put together by monkeys. Oh, she's got a fine engine, but half the doors won't open, and guess whose job it is to make it right." - Scotty
Captain
# 10
11-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Ive spent countless hours tweaking and perfecting my toons, and this just isn't ok.
Exactly this.

For the character artist or any other art devs reading this...

This is great
This is tolorable
Just... no...
Closed Thread