Ensign
# 21
11-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by celillarnon View Post
All this freezing up doesn't even seem to generate an error log (unless there's one that wouldn't show up in Console.app somewhere).
More than likely it's set WINEDEBUG=-all by default, which means you won't see much in the way of logs. Turning off the debug logs gives a performance boost in a lot of cases.
Ensign
# 22 Half Resolution Issue
11-12-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm also having the half resolution issue. Exactly the same situation, unable to toggle it on/off. Other than that very impressed with how smoothly this is going.
Lieutenant
# 23
11-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captfabulous View Post
Also noticed that the 'GPU-accelerated particles' option is off and cannot be toggled on.
I noticed this in wineskin a while back, enabling GPU-accelerated particles caused some hideous flickering for me. So I guess they have it off because they think it's somehow buggy.
Ensign
# 24
11-12-2013, 02:17 PM
I can't get my Mac version to load. I spent 2 hours downloading it, then when I press ENGAGE, the launcher just vanishes and nothing happens.

I'm using an iMac running Mavericks.

Prcoessor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 12 GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

The video card is better than the one I use on my Dell PC, which can run STO fine.
Ensign
# 25
11-12-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm also having the issue of having Half Resolution stuck on. The UI resolution changes just fine, but the 3d aspects of the game are all blurry. I thought they would have cured myopia by the 25th century.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 26
11-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captfabulous View Post
Decided to give this a whirl on my hackintosh. I didn't spend a lot of time with it. It crashes a fair amount, even at the launcher. Performance does indeed seem better than in Wineskin, so that's a plus.
I'm glad to hear the performance is as we expected. Sorry about the crashes.

Quote:
I will point out that anti-aliasing doesn't work (Nvidia GT650). You can turn it on, and it disables a bunch of post-processing options, but it doesn't actually work. So that's a bit of a bummer, cause jaggies aren't nice.
Sorry, this should have been in the known issues list.

Quote:
I also noticed that bloom/high often disappears. Sometimes the option is there, sometimes it's not (only off and low). Not sure why. Also noticed that the 'GPU-accelerated particles' option is off and cannot be toggled on.
The GPU accelerated particles are disabled (for now) on the Mac port. We still need to take the option out of the menu, it seems.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 27
11-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmetnervend View Post
I'm also having the issue of having Half Resolution stuck on. The UI resolution changes just fine, but the 3d aspects of the game are all blurry. I thought they would have cured myopia by the 25th century.
Perhaps your character is allergic to Retinax.

The Half Res option bug is affecting Windows users too. Use "/renderscale 1" to manually set it for now.
Lieutenant
# 28
11-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Any word on Maximized Window mode? It's my favorite view mode.
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
11-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmetnervend View Post
It's a known issue in the patch notes. It's not just a Mac problem.
Ensign
# 30
11-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticcliff View Post
Sorry about the crashes.
But what is CAUSING them?