Captain
# 1 New leg models
11-12-2013, 05:02 PM
Here is my feedback on the new leg models introduced in Season 8. Although the new female calves look better with skirts and tight pants, the increased thickness of the thighs for tight pants makes them look unproportional in comparison to the calves. (Note that thighs for loose pants were made thicker as well.) Furthermore, the thighs for TOS skirts look thicker from the front and back than from the sides.

Tight pants

The female thighs for tight pants look overly muscular in comparison to the calves.

Andorian female: Tight pants
Front, Back, Left, Right

Similar problems can be seen with the new male thighs. The male thighs look too thick from the front and back, though they look all right from the sides. Notice how the quadriceps appear to bulge out when the character is viewed from the back.

Andorian male: Tight pants
Front, Back, Left, Right

TOS skirts

Here "TOS skirt" means the TOS Split Skirt or TOS Nurse Skirt. The thighs for TOS skirts are thinner from the sides like the thighs for other skirts, but they are the thicker from the front and back like the thighs for tight pants and loose pants. The result is that the thighs for TOS skirts look thicker from the front and back than from the sides.

Andorian female: TOS Split Skirt
Front, Back, Left, Right

Andorian female: TOS Nurse Skirt
Front, Back, Left, Right

There are a few other issues with the TOS skirts:
  • When the TOS Split Skirt is used with certain tops, there is a gap in the seam between the top and bottom of the outfit. (Cryptic is already aware of this issue.)
  • The TOS Split Skirt now has a split in front of the left leg.
  • The TOS skirts now flare outward making the fabric appear too stiff. The outward flare can be seen in this picture.

Other changes

Other changes to the lower body may affect the appearance of the legs. The following changes were introduced in Season 8:
  • wider hips and waist on females,
  • narrower hips and wider waist on males,
  • new skin textures for female legs.

Last edited by frtoaster; 11-13-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Captain
# 2
11-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Actually males could use a bit wider hips as well. And females narrower hips.

At least it is good that their legs (partially) are less thin.

The bodybuilders with thin stick legs before was odd.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
# 3
11-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
Actually males could use a bit wider hips as well. And females narrower hips.
Male hips were actually made narrower, and female hips wider.
Captain
# 4
11-12-2013, 06:08 PM
Is this why all my female bridge crew are clipping like mad on their skirts and boots?
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

And no repetitiveepic, I'm not sorry for any of my posts.
Captain
# 5
11-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
Male hips were actually made narrower, and female hips wider.
I know, but they should have done the opposite.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Commander
# 6
11-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Quote:
I know, but they should have done the opposite.
What? No! The one change I like is the fact that women have wider hips :/

Males can already have wide enough hips IMO, I honestly don't think making them bigger would be that good of an improvement.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 7
11-12-2013, 06:36 PM
There is a range of opinions on this, and without getting myself too entrenched, I know frtoaster has been diligent about his analysis of the characters and wanted to clarify one aspect with the legs with skirts.

The legs with skirts unfortunately have to bee skinny from the sides so they don't clip with the skirts when walking, running, etc. They're about the same width from they side as they've always been, but from the front and back they now appear more natural.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 8
11-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peetapipmac View Post
Is this why all my female bridge crew are clipping like mad on their skirts and boots?
Clipping at the waist is a known bug. It will be fixed soon.

Examples of boots clipping would be much appreciated.
Captain
# 9
11-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undyingzero View Post
What? No! The one change I like is the fact that women have wider hips :/

Males can already have wide enough hips IMO, I honestly don't think making them bigger would be that good of an improvement.
I'm sorry, but I already had to put hips to as little as possible on the previous builds.

I'll just have to put this down to the character finding her way to an abandoned cach of chocolate....
Career Officer
# 10
11-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I already had to put hips to as little as possible on the previous builds.

I'll just have to put this down to the character finding her way to an abandoned cach of chocolate....
What do you have against women who eat every so often?