Career Officer
# 1 New tutorial is amazing
11-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Just finished the new tutorial and i must say its 1000 times better than the old one i love how the story develops.

i like the crew you get and its very much on par with the romulans now i dont think in the future ill be skipping it anymore. well done cryptic.

now about those hallways for our ship
Career Officer
# 2
11-12-2013, 02:42 PM
People often forget to compliment on the good stuff, while they never forget to criticize the bad, so in the spirit of wanting to compliment on a job well done - Definitelly agree with this. Once I feel like making an alt, I won't be skipping the tutorial, because quite frankly, this is how missions should be. Interesting, progressive story and nicely done in the game too. Felt Trekky and was fun. Well played.

Quote:
[10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.
bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh.
Twitter - @JanDarkrider (RP & self-parody in character)
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-12-2013, 02:43 PM
agreed as well. That tutorial is now definetly up to par with the others.
Captain
# 4
11-12-2013, 03:52 PM
I had hope to do it to see what its all about. Kinda like the KDF you could do them as well, unless I missed something with a new character. Since my KDF was at lv50 already. They told in the notes I won't be able to do the Fed at lv50. So guess I will miss out for now, and at least go claim what goodies they will allow me.
PWE Community Manager
# 5
11-12-2013, 04:03 PM
On behalf of everyone here at PWE/Cryptic, we are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the new tutorial so much, and thank you for the positive feedback

It's always great to here that new content is appreciated, and even looked forward too! It's music to our ears.

Thanks again everyone and enjoy all the new content in Season 8!

Don't forget to grab your Obelisk Carrier from Sphere of Influence, and your Solanae Tribble from the C-Store Item tab, before both promotions end!

~Captain Smirk
Trevor "CaptainSmirk" | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter: @trekonlinegame | "Like" us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter: @PWECaptainSmirk
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, please file a "Forums and Website" support ticket here.
Captain
# 6
11-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmallm View Post
I had hope to do it to see what its all about. Kinda like the KDF you could do them as well, unless I missed something with a new character. Since my KDF was at lv50 already. They told in the notes I won't be able to do the Fed at lv50. So guess I will miss out for now, and at least go claim what goodies they will allow me.
I'm not sure I understand this, but if you were under the impression that you can't have a toon at max level in each faction, then Admiral Sills, General Malthit, and Admiral tr'Keiniadh beg to differ.
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Captain
# 7
11-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
I'm not sure I understand this, but if you were under the impression that you can't have a toon at max level in each faction, then Admiral Sills, General Malthit, and Admiral tr'Keiniadh beg to differ.
No, it's that you can't replay the tutorial mission, nor can you play a retrofitted tutorial with an older character. So a Fed character made before the start of S8 can't play the new tutorial at all.
Captain
# 8
11-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
I'm not sure I understand this, but if you were under the impression that you can't have a toon at max level in each faction, then Admiral Sills, General
Malthit, and Admiral tr'Keiniadh beg to differ.
Mandoknight, is correct. In order to see the tutorial you have to create a brand new character. So you can see it. You can't go and do it with a character that was created before this. Unlike the KDF one, I went back and did those new missions with my Lv50 Klingon. Where this new one with the Fed I can't.

I still have 1 slot left, so I can create one just to see the beginning of it. The thought of a Science Captain has crossed my mind.
Captain
# 9
11-12-2013, 06:17 PM
In my opinion, it's worth it to create a new toon to see this tutorial. On the other tentacle, if you just want the purple Tac BOff, Elisa Flores, then according to the patch notes (IIRC) your Fed Admiral should be able to request her from the Caitian personnel officer at the Academy - Lt. Ferra or something like that...
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Career Officer
# 10
11-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Finally created my first Science character (only type I hadn't done in the past 4 years - not a Sci guy); and yes, I have to say the new Fed tutorial is LEAPS and BOUNDS above what the Feds had before. I like the way I introduces a player to BOTH the KDF war and the Borg treat now. I also am impressed how you guys managed to reuse and keep a portion of the VO done by Zachary Quinto given the fact that you're not the ship that sends a landing party to the U.S.S. Khitomer anymore. (although he still sounds more like he's doing a reading rather than acting, but VO is hard form some main stream actors.)

I also wish we could get the new corridors (and Shuttlebay) into the STO ship interior system and replace te oversize corridors that exist currently. Overall a really nice tutorial, and all three factions do have interesting starting tutorials now that are worth doing at least once (biut I'll still do it for any new alts I make.)
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."