Captain
# 101
10-30-2013, 04:21 AM
And, I finally left the OPvP channel. I'm sure nobody will miss me, but the hypocrisy was driving me crazy. It wasn't entertaining to read any longer - certainly not enough to make up for all the drivel...

PlayerA: All folks do is whine about X.
PlayerB: Yeah, all they do is whine about X.
PlayerC: Yeah, all the whining about X is annoying.
PlayerA: <whines about Y>
PlayerB: <whines about Y too>
PlayerC: <whines about Y as well>

/facepalm

Really? I mean...seriously? Perhaps 15s passed between the whining about folks whining about X before they moved on to whine about Y.

Do folks even realize that they're doing it?

I wouldn't have called their discussion about Y whining, if not for them complaining about what they considered whining about X. It's tedious.

Will somebody call this whining? Of course they will! They see any complaints outside of their own complaints as whining... welcome to a world of overinflated fragile egos.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 102
10-30-2013, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
And, I finally left the OPvP channel. I'm sure nobody will miss me, but the hypocrisy was driving me crazy. It wasn't entertaining to read any longer - certainly not enough to make up for all the drivel...

PlayerA: All folks do is whine about X.
PlayerB: Yeah, all they do is whine about X.
PlayerC: Yeah, all the whining about X is annoying.
PlayerA: <whines about Y>
PlayerB: <whines about Y too>
PlayerC: <whines about Y as well>

/facepalm

Really? I mean...seriously? Perhaps 15s passed between the whining about folks whining about X before they moved on to whine about Y.

Do folks even realize that they're doing it?

I wouldn't have called their discussion about Y whining, if not for them complaining about what they considered whining about X. It's tedious.

Will somebody call this whining? Of course they will! They see any complaints outside of their own complaints as whining... welcome to a world of overinflated fragile egos.
Ah......where am I going to get someone to test stuff now?

I haven't seen much of that, to be frank. Could be timezones, though - sometimes I feel like I'm living in a completely different world where community is concerned.
A Gensokyoan Mech-piloting Starship Admiral Rodent.

Take it easy!
Captain
# 103
10-30-2013, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
I haven't seen much of that, to be frank. Could be timezones, though - sometimes I feel like I'm living in a completely different world where community is concerned.
I had to lol, you know...because yeah, this isn't my normal time playing. Looking back through the last couple of pages - I basically had the same issue a few months back. One of those WTF is going on in OPvP moments.

Maybe I just need to stay out of OPvP at this time of day if I'm on...meh.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Career Officer
# 104
10-30-2013, 06:35 AM
it does get a bit banal after a while in there, but they will keep you up to date on the latest cheeze, hacks, and exploitable mechanics, oin case you dont like going to that 'other site'
Captain
# 105
11-04-2013, 08:55 PM
OPVP....

where the cool guys hang out!

and argue about stuffs.

but at least keep it civil guys, way too much flaming and crappy attitudes...

remember,

its all about having fun and killing bad guys

-acceptance-
Career Officer
# 106
11-11-2013, 09:02 PM
if people don't keep it civil in there just get a screenshot of it and send it to a mod or me... mod first though awe heck spam minis in box lol . Best thing to do is to keep the chat to pvp related issues!
Career Officer
# 107
11-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Also mods don't forget to post screenshots or explain whats going on on the website so we know who was muted and why...
Ensign
# 108
11-12-2013, 06:01 PM
I'll be sure to do so and have my fleet do so as well. We are a new fleet but very interested in PvP.
Career Officer
# 109
03-22-2014, 01:06 PM
As One of the people promoting the channel, I'd hate to see people leave or be discouraged from using it, yes at times things do go a little off topic and its been a little quiet of late.

But this is where I found my home in PvP, and I certainly won't be leaving any time soon, its entertaining, educational in PvP and you can set up some pretty interesting matches in there (1v1's, Fleet vs Fleet, Large scale 10 v 10's).

It's up to us as the community to support the channel and PvP, control the topics in there and stop the whiners and direct them to these forums where the whining belongs - yeah sure share links to the whining, but keep it here.

And of course, people have profanity filters for a reason, people have the right to express themselves, If your of a nervous disposition I suggest keeping them turned on.

Lag Industries Head of Department - Fleet Project Management
PvP Boot Camp Coach
STO - Will PvP For Food - Official OPVP Channel <-Click Me
/channel_join OrganizedPvP
Commander
# 110
03-25-2014, 07:07 PM
My indications and analysis tell me that at peek hours the channel has about 333 people in.
Outside this the number drops to <250

Before LoR the numbers where an average of 375/500

!!!!!!!!!!!
Virusdancer come back we need u!!!
::: HIT ME UP IN MWO !!! :::