Career Officer
# 21
11-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by senatorvreenak View Post
Appearantly you did not manage to talk him down enough.

Honestly this is a serious game breaker for me.
Ive spent countless hours tweaking and perfecting my toons, and this just isn't ok.

Some of my costumes are even irreplacable as they consist of costume combinations that were later locked out.
I and other people tried to tell them. Dramatically altering the way years-old characters look is not cool. *shrug* It's a lot better than it could have been. Those original tested changes... *shudder*
Captain
# 22
11-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
I'm having trouble seeing what you are talking about. Can you get screenshots from the same angle and distance, preferably in a more neutral stance?
I got as close as I'm likely to get to these criteria and the results can be found here:
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=1d51a...18C36C7%211036

And while these look more similar I shouldn't be forced to change my character's look to suit a new pose just so she looks remotely Human (or Betazoid in her case)
Cryptic Studios Team
# 23
11-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Hey guys, we're looking into it. Don't panic.

Head size and hip size is known. That and face textures will be reverting as soon as we can check in non critical fixes.

You can find more detailed responses here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=911931
Captain
# 24
11-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticjoejing View Post
Hey guys, we're looking into it. Don't panic.

Head size and hip size is known. That and face textures will be reverting as soon as we can check in non critical fixes.

You can find more detailed responses here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=911931
Thanks for the response, my main point is with the legs here, I spent more hours than I care to remember getting them right for my character but at the moment either they aren't scaling the same way they are in the creator or something is wrong with the model, I know this to be fact for the cute pose (As demonstrated in this post with before, current tailor and current game). Can you please fix this?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 25
11-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
Thanks for the response, my main point is with the legs here, I spent more hours than I care to remember getting them right for my character...
We know there are often hours put into making your characters and then months and even years are put into playing them. We don't want to ruin those beloved characters.

So keep in mind we want to find a balance of retaining what you've created while also making the whole system better, easier, and faster whenever you and others make new characters (so hopefully you don't *have* to spend hours on just one one body part to make it look normal and good). Ideally the characters would look "good" from the start and then players tweak for personal taste.

That said, intended improvements can have undesirable cascading effects, but it's not always as easy or the best idea for us to "just revert".

Aside from the hip width which we will revert (which will also thin the thighs a tiny bit), the legs with skirts are a good example.

Before, by default, legs with most skirts looked pretty atrocious from the front and back. The thighs were literally thinner than the calves and were bowl-legged. That meant that a large percentage of players that didn't customize their proportions had *terrible* looking legs, and even those players that attempted to fix it could only do so much...and it still looked pretty bad.

Now in S8, the legs with skirts look more natural by default. However, this introduced a new bug where the waist is clipping. Do we freak out and revert? Only if the new bug is worse than the previous problem and/or is too difficult to fix. In this case, the seam is an easy fix, so we should keep the improved legs and fix the new bug.

This is the sort of evaluation that we have to do on a constant basis. There are thousands of interconnected systems and components in making a game, and a live game adds to the challenges; the plus side to that, though, is we can hear and address your feedback.

Anyway, hope a little insight helps us all work together on making the game better.

Last edited by crypticjoejing; 11-12-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Captain
# 26
11-12-2013, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticjoejing View Post

Now in S8, the legs with skirts look more natural by default. However, this introduced a new bug where the waist is clipping. Do we freak out and revert? Only if the new bug is worse than the previous problem and/or is too difficult to fix. In this case, the seam is an easy fix, so we should keep the improved legs and fix the new bug.
I picture is better than 1000 words:
Old Holodeck leg model:
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/...3-20-56-11.jpg

Current Holodeck leg model:
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/...3-20-57-11.jpg

The current one is not perfect (expecialy the hip width that is going to be fixed) but the legs are much better NOW.

Lets wait that crypticjoejing gives us the fix, and then we decide if we want to go back to thouse horrible legs.

Sorry for bad english.

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Captain
# 27
11-12-2013, 07:56 PM
I don't usually pay attention to how my toon looks, but judging from those photos, yes, the legs look better, but the arms look way too think.
Captain
# 28
11-12-2013, 07:58 PM
That thigh gap. @_@
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 29
11-12-2013, 08:17 PM
The female char's faces are screwed up. It's like they had way too much make up on it. Pretty highly annoyed about this as I put a lot of work to my chars' appearance. I'm this close to leaving the game because Cryptic is becoming the masters of fixing things that don't need to be fixed AT ALL, instead they create more issues! I've been playing this game since beta and this just may have crossed the line for me. I don't like my hard work being altered at all. AT ALL! Put more resources into current and long time bugs that are still around, for example, like the honor guard and maco outfit bugs, instead of breaking more things like this one.

I'm sorry but I'm not normally a harsh critic, usually more supportive, but this time, Cryptic has really crossed the line.

Last edited by starfleetmaco; 11-12-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Captain
# 30
11-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfleetmaco View Post
Put more resources into current and long time bugs that are still around, for example, like the honor guard and maco outfit bugs, instead of breaking more things like this one.
Obviously, they decided that the atrocious thighs on most skirts was a current/long time bug and worth working on.
Closed Thread