Rihannsu
# 11
11-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
On behalf of everyone here at PWE/Cryptic, we are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the new tutorial so much, and thank you for the positive feedback

It's always great to here that new content is appreciated, and even looked forward too! It's music to our ears.

Thanks again everyone and enjoy all the new content in Season 8!

Don't forget to grab your Obelisk Carrier from Sphere of Influence, and your Solanae Tribble from the C-Store Item tab, before both promotions end!

~Captain Smirk
Is it possible to let old chars play it somehow? I already have 8 chars and I hate the idea of making a new char just to play a mission.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 12
11-12-2013, 06:57 PM
I'm really not sure how that could be done, Mark - it's the tutorial, after all. You start off as a cadet at the Academy, about to undertake your midshipman cruise before being commissioned as an Ensign. By the end, of course, you've been given a battlefield commission and brevetted to Lieutenant, so you can have the rank needed to command a starship. Not sure how that could work for an existing character - what, your Admiral is sent back to the Academy for retraining or something?
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Career Officer
# 13
11-12-2013, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Is it possible to let old chars play it somehow? I already have 8 chars and I hate the idea of making a new char just to play a mission.
Yeah.. agreeing with this. I would love to see a mission as if "Blast from the past" - perhaps in form of the character recalling their Academy days. Even if it was a limited "event", I'd love to play it with my existing character as well. The mission could be a standalone, because it is, quite frankly, one of the best missions the game offers to Federation characters; would be shame for people not to play it, because so many people have already so many characters, and thus are not compelled to make new ones...and as such, they are missiing out on a really nicely done mission.

Quote:
[10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.
bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh.
Twitter - @JanDarkrider (RP & self-parody in character)
Captain
# 14
11-12-2013, 07:02 PM
I like it as well I just wished it was on the same map as all the others are.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
# 15
11-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodarkrider View Post
Yeah.. agreeing with this. I would love to see a mission as if "Blast from the past" - perhaps in form of the character recalling their Academy days. Even if it was a limited "event", I'd love to play it with my existing character as well. The mission could be a standalone, because it is, quite frankly, one of the best missions the game offers to Federation characters; would be shame for people not to play it, because so many people have already so many characters, and thus are not compelled to make new ones...and as such, they are missiing out on a really nicely done mission.
I love this idea.
Career Officer
# 16
11-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmallm View Post
I love this idea.
Well, I could go into details, as to how to make it, to be awesome, but seriously, all it would take, is to simply put it, as if into past, recalling Academy days of the character. Heck, I could even come up with whole Story-line about Academy days of the character, similary to other Mission lines we have now. If I was more knowledgeable about Trek, and Foundry-creator saavy, I'd prolly go for that there... alas, I am new Star Trek/STO fan, so, I'd make lore mistakes, which I'd not forgive myself, as an obsessive perfectionist, heh.

Quote:
[10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.
bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh.
Twitter - @JanDarkrider (RP & self-parody in character)
Rihannsu
# 17
11-12-2013, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
I'm really not sure how that could be done, Mark - it's the tutorial, after all. You start off as a cadet at the Academy, about to undertake your midshipman cruise before being commissioned as an Ensign. By the end, of course, you've been given a battlefield commission and brevetted to Lieutenant, so you can have the rank needed to command a starship. Not sure how that could work for an existing character - what, your Admiral is sent back to the Academy for retraining or something?
Well, a long time ago, one of my chars somehow managed to replay(or halfway, I didn't finish it and it got stuck in my journal) the old fed tutorial. It was definitely kinda odd going back and doing things with gear that you had to do without the first time.

One thing I liked was that the old one was a social zone of sorts. It didn't have private instances, and thus it felt different than most missions do.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 18
11-12-2013, 07:49 PM
All of the tutorials are quite excellent now. They all fit the faction perfectly. I rolled a new toon just to try it out and liked it so much I'm considering keeping him as my main and sending my current Feddy to the mines.

Until I do Hide and Seek again.
# 19
11-12-2013, 08:24 PM
I rolled a new character just to experience it. It was well worth it my opinion.

But I'm an alt-a-holic. I love making alts, so any excuse to do so is welcome!

But overall, great story line. Smooth introduction of different story elements, and some genuine surprises.

Well Done!
Captain
# 20
11-12-2013, 11:11 PM
A vast improvement over the original. Flores was a bit annoying at times, and I'm not sure that Vesta advertisement was necessary, but I loved the missions nonetheless. Great job, Cryptic!