Republic Veteran
# 31
11-13-2013, 08:26 AM
I too came here to say how much I liked the new tutorial. It is very well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
I also am impressed how you guys managed to reuse and keep a portion of the VO done by Zachary Quinto given the fact that you're not the ship that sends a landing party to the U.S.S. Khitomer anymore. (although he still sounds more like he's doing a reading rather than acting, but VO is hard form some main stream actors.)
He is a regular hologram, not like the Doctor who was left on for a very long time and became sentient. He is supposed to sound that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabacr75 View Post
and , dunno if I should say this (dont blame me now , xD) ...
am I the only one who sees a little similitude between the new tutorial and the 1st JJ-Star Trek-movie ?
Starfleet Academy-cadets with no experience thrown right into action and player taking control of command (like Kirk) ... or is it just me?
Okay, no blaming, but it was more like a combination with Starship Troopers, even uses the same name (Flores) for your best friend.

Last edited by buccaneerdtb; 11-13-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Career Officer
# 32
11-13-2013, 08:35 AM
Honestly, after thinking about it even further - why to even limit such awesome mission-lines for a tutorial? Why not make a series out of it, put it before the Klingon mission line. That way, we'd get to explore our character's Academy lives (and it'd even be easy to make it replayable for existing characters too..). The work on this is way too impressive to be just a bunch of tutorial missions..

"not yIbup. not yIjegh. Haw'be', SuvwI'.
reH yIvoq'egh, not yIHon'egh 'ej 'IwlIj ghogh yIQoy!"

~jodarkrider's female torso improvements suggestions~
Twitter - @JanDarkrider (mostly RP & self-parody in character)
Survivor of Romulus
# 33
11-13-2013, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Is it possible to let old chars play it somehow? I already have 8 chars and I hate the idea of making a new char just to play a mission.
The tutorial isn't all that long, and if you're going to play it on an old toon anyways, just create a new toon, all default, random the toon's name and ship name, then delete the toon when you're done.
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Centurion maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
Captain
# 34
11-13-2013, 08:42 AM
I can only agree, the new tutorial is A.W.E.S.O.M.E., i wish the rest of the game where more like it.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-

The "TT and/or AtB less builds" - Thread
Lieutenant
# 35
11-13-2013, 09:07 AM
The new tutorial is great! It is really what the Federation gameplay should look like.
Lieutenant
# 36
11-13-2013, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiqa View Post
(And both Eliza and K'mek are dismissible unlike Tovan. )

I know we can claim Eliza for level 50 characters; does anyone know if the same is possible for K'mek? (hopefully a purple level as well! )

--Added--
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...21&postcount=3

In short, they have not bothered to make the character available for KDF and there is no ETA (most likely never will ...)

Last edited by rocmist; 11-14-2013 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Found answer in an alternative thread
Rihannsu
# 37
11-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravin View Post
The tutorial isn't all that long, and if you're going to play it on an old toon anyways, just create a new toon, all default, random the toon's name and ship name, then delete the toon when you're done.
that would require me to actually delete characters....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 38
11-13-2013, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
A vast improvement over the original. Flores was a bit annoying at times, and I'm not sure that Vesta advertisement was necessary, but I loved the missions nonetheless. Great job, Cryptic!
I made an alt specifically for tryin it out myself and loved it... I also loved that Elisa was just as obnoxious as Tovan is... now just imagine that she stayed that obnoxious through out your entire lv1-40 career and was not dismissable... perhaps then youll understand why there are a half dozen or more Tovan hate threads.
Starfleet Veteran
# 39
11-13-2013, 04:03 PM
The new tutorial is indeed a masterpiece. The first episode in which I actually read every word and even spoke the lines loudly for my own character.

However, why doesn't the new Origin Bridge have the new corridors as seen in the tutorial? Wasn't it supposed to be like that?
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Rihannsu
# 40
11-13-2013, 09:35 PM
I want to add my voice to the choir, the new Fed tutorial is truly amazing! I had a huge grin on my face all the way through it. I knew what would happen to Taggart after you met the Klingons but it was still a blow to have to do it. I loved that you got the chance to pull up your captain on procedural matters and the line "I'm a Starfleet Officer, It's in the job description". So please raise a glass to yourselves in my name, and, in conclusion, Thank you!