Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
# 111
06-02-2013, 09:44 PM
sound was perfect last night today it is very intermintet. sometimes you can hear weapons fire sometimes you can't anyone else having this issue i know it's not my computer as a few people in my fleet have had the same issue
Lieutenant
# 112
06-07-2013, 05:35 PM
I can't hear any footsteps at all. You wouldn't think this would be a big problem but Its slowly driving me loopy!

I also had the weapons sound glitch once in Nimbus and again in the Elachi rescue mission
WANTED ZINO- Orion princess.
For kidnapping, slave trafficking, illegal trading, lewd behavior, grand theft, rigging games of chance, espionage, trading of illicit goods, disruption of diplomatic procedures, disturbance of peace, flying shuttles while intoxicated, racketeering, Blackmail, arson, assault, and dancing seductively on counter tops without a license.
Survivor of Romulus
# 113
06-07-2013, 08:54 PM
There has been an intense garbled sound in the game since around a week ago. It is not constant, but when it starts it will continue. I just left the game for two hours and came back, it is still running. Turning off the sound doesn't help. Only leaving the game. Sometimes it stops and voices come on. Once it was talking about buying a Dell computer.
Starfleet Veteran
# 114
07-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorwayne1 View Post
There has been an intense garbled sound in the game since around a week ago. It is not constant, but when it starts it will continue. I just left the game for two hours and came back, it is still running. Turning off the sound doesn't help. Only leaving the game. Sometimes it stops and voices come on. Once it was talking about buying a Dell computer.
that is a random audio ad caused by a root kit which is probably Rootkit.Boot.Pihar.c.
i would suspect you would find svchost.exe is using a lot of ram. might i recommend kaspersky's tdsskiller to remove.
Career Officer
# 115
08-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Random audio problem I can't figure out. Looked through all the settings, updated drivers and checked everything I could think of on my end. Just got a new pc, so my first thought was that is was on my end, but I've fiddled with everything I can think of, also it seems a bit too random. On ground and space maps, as well as in sector space, I can hear other people's sounds but not my own. Like one time I beamed out and I didn't hear my sound, but I heard the person next to me beam out. In STFs I can hear other people's weapons, and my pets weapons, but not mine. On ground I can hear ambient noise, other people's effects, but not my kit powers. In sector space I can't hear my own slipstream sound effect, but I can hear someone else's. Can hear other warping in and out, but not me. Can't think of anything in settings or on my end that could cause this problem but allow me to hear the other sounds.

Any help or advice would be welcome.

(edit)

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Last edited by sour118; 08-01-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Ensign
# 116
08-16-2013, 11:37 AM
My sound has completely stopped for the game. My sound works for all other games and such. STO has been re-installed and and fully patched too... not sure what do other then let you know here. Hope this gets cleared up soon.

Cheers,
Lieutenant
# 117
08-31-2013, 06:54 AM
My sound regularly has *clicks* and *pops*, atypically on STFs or any big battle, ground or space. It was much worse before I used the -ignorex64check startup command line. No other game I have does this, besides Neverwinter. Same exact thing on the same engine, obviously not my woe. I have no trouble playing BF3 @ ultra 1080. No clicks or pops..
Career Officer
# 118
10-18-2013, 09:49 PM
I'm getting the worst sound bug of all. It all started during the recent CE event.

When fighting the CE alongside other players. There would suddenly be no sound at all and this affects my entire system. Restarting Windows Audio Service does not work and only a reboot will bring sound back. Other games do not exhibit this problem.

This bug occurs about once every 7-8 CE matches.

Config
Intel I7 4770K
GA-Z87X-D3H (Onboard sound disabled)
Sound Blaster Z
Samsung 840 SSD
STO installed on a normal 7200RPM WD Black disk
Captain
# 119
11-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antasius View Post
My sound has completely stopped for the game. My sound works for all other games and such. STO has been re-installed and and fully patched too... not sure what do other then let you know here. Hope this gets cleared up soon.

Cheers,
Same here, except that I haven't re-installed the game. It's fully patched, though, and STO is silent. This is not true of my other software - even CO has all the usual sounds; only my starship is that stealthy. (And I can't really picture an Obelisk Carrier as a "stealthy" vessel, so...)
-------------------------------------------

"You're as crazy as the people on Twitter!" - Samuel L. Jackson
Career Officer
# 120
11-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Since the latest patch I have had sound issues that make me think the game cant keep up with the sounds generated from multiple sources. It is most noticable in Crystaline Entity fleet action, when other players cannons will fade in and out.

I cant find any settings that ley me set sound quality apart from choosing software or hardware rendering, most hames let you choose the amount of channels