Captain
# 41
11-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captw View Post
guess you never watched Star Trek: The Motion Picture (I wouldn't blame you if you didn't) or Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, both times Kirk took command of the Enterprise and he was an Admiral, hell in the third one he stole the Enterprise... then blew it up, at least the Klingons did get to hold the Enterprise for a few minutes.
Star trek I, Kirk conned his way into it. For over 2 years previously he'd been star fleet's chief of operations.

Star trek II: again he was merely a passenger when Star fleet ordered him to Regulus. Infact he didn't want to take command of the ship in the first place, he just told Spock to get him there. Spock told him to take over since it was combat duty and Spock was a better teacher than combat officer.

Star Trek III: well ofcourse kirk stole the enterprise. Why he was demoted in 4.
Marrek Steele: RAdm CO 99th Pursuit Squadron Flagship USS Nike(Avenger)
Lunimara Hawk: LT Gen IKS Eclipse(Dyson Destroyer)
Altair: Rear Admiral: RRW Anduril( Ak'rif Carrier)
Captain
# 42
11-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captw View Post
guess you never watched Star Trek: The Motion Picture (I wouldn't blame you if you didn't) or Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, both times Kirk took command of the Enterprise and he was an Admiral, hell in the third one he stole the Enterprise... then blew it up, at least the Klingons did get to hold the Enterprise for a few minutes.
Bad example. Kirk's a loose cannon anyway and, as talonxv pointed out, there were extenuating circumstances in all those cases.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Ensign
# 43
11-13-2013, 04:50 PM
Fail Thread Is Fail.
Commander
# 44
11-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Why is everyone trying to demote me?? After everything I have done?
Empire Veteran
# 45
11-13-2013, 07:18 PM
I hate these threads they're so annoying and most people fail to realize THE STORY RECOGNIZES ONLY ONE VICE ADMIRAL AND WHATNOT SO THERE ARENT MILLIONS OF ADMIRALS.
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-14-2013, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
Kirk's a loose cannon anyway and, as talonxv pointed out, there were extenuating circumstances in all those cases.
Extenuating circumstances for Starfleet Command, anyway... all you can really blame them for is letting him within 20 miles of a starship!
Lieutenant
# 47
11-14-2013, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westx211 View Post
I hate these threads they're so annoying and most people fail to realize THE STORY RECOGNIZES ONLY ONE VICE ADMIRAL AND WHATNOT SO THERE ARENT MILLIONS OF ADMIRALS.

There's a such thing as separation between story and the player's ability to enjoy the story. If something breaks your suspension of disbelief, then you're well in your right to complain about it. The story may recognize only one vice-admiral but that's no help when you're flying in sector space and get passed by twelve of them in a group. I mean, at that point you either assume that Star Fleet has been taken over (Again) by aliens who know what rank is, but not how it works or admirals are like whales and travel in groups in order to defend themselves from natural predators.
Ensign
# 48
11-14-2013, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentalos View Post
...or admirals are like whales and travel in groups in order to defend themselves from natural predators.
That's all officers. It's what they teach us in our secret meetings.
Career Officer
# 49
11-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan5000 View Post
Why is everyone trying to demote me?? After everything I have done?
We can't give you a squadron so we need a good excuse to keep you captaining instead of pushing papers.
Captain
# 50
11-14-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiqa View Post
We can't give you a squadron so we need a good excuse to keep you captaining instead of pushing papers.
rather captain a ship than stuck behind a desk. I don't want carpel tunnel.
Marrek Steele: RAdm CO 99th Pursuit Squadron Flagship USS Nike(Avenger)
Lunimara Hawk: LT Gen IKS Eclipse(Dyson Destroyer)
Altair: Rear Admiral: RRW Anduril( Ak'rif Carrier)