Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,894
# 21
11-14-2013, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simeion1 View Post
Blue shields give extra shield strength
Green cross give health
Yellow person is a resistance buff
Red x is plus 50% damage
Blue man is 20% run speed
Think they are all on 3 minute cooldowns and every time you run through one it resets the timer.
You haven't seen the ultra rare buffs in the zone yet? Bright solid red X is +100% All Damage and +10% Expose Chance. Bright Green Cross Gives +100% health points and +1.00 Health Regeneration. Bright solid blue man gives +40% run speed and dodge, Solid Yellow Shield gives +100 All Damage resistance and something else, and Solid Blue Shield gives +100% shield capacity and +X% Shield Resistance (can't remember exact number). And they stack with the standard versions. It was quite enjoyable running around with 2k hit points on a medic, nothing could come close to killing me. To be honest, if we are going to have super buffs on the map, the Voth should really get amped up a bit. Right now, if you stack up a few of these buffs, you are pretty much immortal.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,368
# 22
11-14-2013, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
You haven't seen the ultra rare buffs in the zone yet? Bright solid red X is +100% All Damage and +10% Expose Chance. Bright Green Cross Gives +100% health points and +1.00 Health Regeneration. Bright solid blue man gives +40% run speed and dodge, Solid Yellow Shield gives +100 All Damage resistance and something else, and Solid Blue Shield gives +100% shield capacity and +X% Shield Resistance (can't remember exact number). And they stack with the standard versions. It was quite enjoyable running around with 2k hit points on a medic, nothing could come close to killing me. To be honest, if we are going to have super buffs on the map, the Voth should really get amped up a bit. Right now, if you stack up a few of these buffs, you are pretty much immortal.
I've seen these as well. Quite fun.

Though to be honest, even without them, the stuff is really easy for the most part if you are alone. Biggest thing I've come across is simply being overwhelmed. Mind you I've been mostly playing an engineer on there, so folks who have a dedicated medic can probably last longer.

Heh, still managed to tank and whittle a V-rex down to about half health earlier all by myself, BOFFs dead, no other players or BOFFs around. Just me and him/her/it (and the Voth until they stopped spawning).

It was quite fun, and felt like a legitimate challenge on the ground. I'd love to see someone kill it in a 1v1 (BOFFs or no BOFFs). I probably could've killed it, if given enough time.

Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,894
# 23
11-15-2013, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I've seen these as well. Quite fun.

Though to be honest, even without them, the stuff is really easy for the most part if you are alone. Biggest thing I've come across is simply being overwhelmed. Mind you I've been mostly playing an engineer on there, so folks who have a dedicated medic can probably last longer.

Heh, still managed to tank and whittle a V-rex down to about half health earlier all by myself, BOFFs dead, no other players or BOFFs around. Just me and him/her/it (and the Voth until they stopped spawning).

It was quite fun, and felt like a legitimate challenge on the ground. I'd love to see someone kill it in a 1v1 (BOFFs or no BOFFs). I probably could've killed it, if given enough time.
Stay in zone long enough, as I said a few posts up, if you start solo killing things too fast Cryptic put in a nice little surprise for us. The mini-rex that is airdropped is no pushover. As far as enemies go, it would be nice if they all received a flat rate +10% damage boost. Either that, or give Voth Specialists Target Optics III and Voth Medics Vascular Regenerator III, Nanite Health Monitor III, and Medical Tricorder III. Once that is done, give Voth Spec Ops Motion Accelerator III and Rally Cry III. Lastly, give the ground battlezone Swarmers Attack Pattern Alpha and Beam Overload III.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 450
# 24
11-15-2013, 01:18 AM
I have seen the bigger buffs but have not hovered over the icon yet. Been to busy teaching people that will not read mission objectives. I can solo tank the last Dino to 75% Ono my tac and sci, but can't get them don't without help. Not in the time allowed. But I at least extend the timer until help arrives. The dilithium is what I like the most it with a few PvP matches and STFs it is real easy to get you 8,000 for the day on multiple toons. I would love to get a team of ground pounders together and see if we can set a zone defeat time record. It would be hard to get us ll in one instance. I can tell when ther are ground specialist in the zone.
Star Trek Online, where the developers think it is alright to play a game with a FPS rate of 10 or worse. Blame it on the players system that ran just fine before Season Nine.
Ryche of Hammer Squadron
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 993
# 25
11-15-2013, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Oh, keep thinking that, stay on a map long enough. The map's difficulty starts to scale on you the longer you are there. I got a 14k hit point Mini-Rex airdropped to my location on more than one occasion, now that was a good test of my skills. Those things hit very hard. I actually had to use hypos on my medic while fighting him. Another time I had one dropped on my location, I didn't see him until he activated his incineration beam...baked science officer. So far the only time I've died there on holodeck. Make no mistake though, the zone has a lot of easy fights, but there are some truly challenging pieces throughout the zone if you journey forth alone with your boffs.
For solo play maybe it's a little difficult, you can still conquer one territory by yourself. And when you get a full team it's a rolfstomp.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Lt. Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 118
# 26
11-15-2013, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I've seen these as well. Quite fun.

Though to be honest, even without them, the stuff is really easy for the most part if you are alone. Biggest thing I've come across is simply being overwhelmed. Mind you I've been mostly playing an engineer on there, so folks who have a dedicated medic can probably last longer.

Heh, still managed to tank and whittle a V-rex down to about half health earlier all by myself, BOFFs dead, no other players or BOFFs around. Just me and him/her/it (and the Voth until they stopped spawning).

It was quite fun, and felt like a legitimate challenge on the ground. I'd love to see someone kill it in a 1v1 (BOFFs or no BOFFs). I probably could've killed it, if given enough time.
That sounds like a worthy pve challenge. I have solo'd becca and ogden on a tact before. Big Dig and breaking planet done alone on max rank with only one death. I need some kind of challenge in this game since nobody in ground pvp is much of a challenge for me anymore
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,738
# 27
11-15-2013, 07:12 AM
ground

Does not pay well for time invested

period
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Lt. Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 118
# 28
11-15-2013, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
ground

Does not pay well for time invested

period
As opposed to space you are correct it doesn't in terms of ground pvp the only point of even doing ground pvp is if you enjoy it and can hold your own on ground. In general space pvp matches will finish faster so that part is true. Ground pvp in a lot of ways is on a whole next level as opposed to space. I have seen so few space guys that can hold their own on ground. A select few could if they bothered to learn it, but there are many more that could never ground pvp simply because their macros won't do them much good on ground

Last edited by tron4eternity; 11-15-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 543
# 29
11-15-2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tron4eternity View Post
I need some kind of challenge in this game since nobody in ground pvp is much of a challenge for me anymore
cough...cough...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 450
# 30
11-17-2013, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tron4eternity View Post
I need some kind of challenge in this game since nobody in ground pvp is much of a challenge for me anymore
I am sorry but no one can beat you because of that log out button or key bind you use. It is just so fast. How could I ever compete with that. I already know what you are going to say. It was a premade and you were carrying your team. So you log out during a premade. It is amazing that no one else uses it. Your team was doing just fine until you had to pull that. It you would of stayed you team would of done better. You want a challenge here it is. Stop logging out and learn to play a a member of a team, either as a pugmade or premade. I don't think you can do it your ego will get in the way. Everyone knows you are a good player but your problem is that you're not a good team player.
Star Trek Online, where the developers think it is alright to play a game with a FPS rate of 10 or worse. Blame it on the players system that ran just fine before Season Nine.
Ryche of Hammer Squadron
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:50 AM.