Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Starfleet Veteran
So I have the Jem'Hadar Attack ship on a tac, and I want to put an engineer in the Dreadnought, but if I do that I cannot get the attack ship pets. If they were account unlock then the character who had the Attack ship could buy they pets and everyone would be happy.
Career Officer
# 2
11-17-2013, 12:59 AM
lobi stuff is character unlock only or a perk.
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Captain
# 3
11-17-2013, 01:14 AM
JHAS account unlockable ...

I know that's not what you mean just joking. Relax Cryptic ... we aren't taking away the kool aid.
Career Officer
# 4
11-17-2013, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
JHAS account unlockable ...
if only!!!!
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
11-17-2013, 01:42 AM
All that would change is that you would mark the attack ship pets as account bind on pick up instead of character. You would still need to own an attack ship to buy them and you could still only equip them on the dreadnaught, but this way you could chose which character flew which ship and you wouldn't be essentially relegating the rarest ship in the game to someone's ship selection window because they only got it for the pets.
Career Officer
# 6
11-17-2013, 01:47 AM
i will tell you straight up, the reason why this stuff is character unlock only is to make you spend more money and time on the game finding and refining dilthium. it wouldn't be really good business giving jhas an account wide unlock, besides i suspect CBS would veto the idea anyways.
Quote:
- Charles Darwin.
Captain
# 7
11-17-2013, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorchaos View Post
i will tell you straight up, the reason why this stuff is character unlock only is to make you spend more money and time on the game finding and refining dilthium. it wouldn't be really good business giving jhas an account wide unlock, besides i suspect CBS would veto the idea anyways.
Hammer *meets* nail. /Thread
Captain
# 8
11-17-2013, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorchaos View Post
Yes, but making the JHAS pet only available to the carrier if they have the JHAS was a bad idea.

Cryptic as much as admitted it was a mistake because they've never done that again with any other lockbox ship.

Best thing to do would be for Cryptic to remove that restriction.
C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\banner11.jpg
Career Officer
# 9
11-17-2013, 04:01 AM
They cannot do that, many players have spend a lot to get the Jem'Hadar Attack ship on several toons to unlock the attack ship hanger ships.

How do you suggest others will be compensated for having had to spend so much to get those pets on multiple toons?
Captain
# 10
11-17-2013, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by totenmet View Post
They cannot do that, many players have spend a lot to get the Jem'Hadar Attack ship on several toons to unlock the attack ship hanger ships.

How do you suggest others will be compensated for having had to spend so much to get those pets on multiple toons?
Doesn't matter. I have made C-Store purchases in the past only to see Cryptic give them away later.

Or Veteran Rewards were originally based on how long the LTS account was active, and not just buying LTS and getting the full rewards automatically no matter how long you've actually been playing.

Cryptic's Development Philosophy for the KDF & PVP