Career Officer
# 1081
11-17-2013, 01:42 AM
Another day, another #18897741.

I'm a lifer, so I do not care myself. But do people with monthly payments get, at least, a partial refund or credit for not being able to play for days?
Grand Ayatollah of the Order of Persistence, First Chairman of the Persistent Defence Commission
Winner of two Second annual (Last 500) and three Third annual (Last 1000) Most Amusing Posts Best Entrance Awards
Lieutenant
# 1082
11-17-2013, 01:52 AM
107 pages and still nothing xD

Also its launcher / game based. Quite sure of it.

I dont have the problem myself but i've been helping a friend that does have it and we have tried virtualy everything. So untill Cryptic and PWE fix it ...

Anyway since this all started since season 8 and they switched something in the graphics section could this be a directx 9 problem possibly ? How many of you are using directx 9 ?
Republic Veteran
# 1083
11-17-2013, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by txspartan View Post

I'm a lifer, so I do not care myself. But do people with monthly payments get, at least, a partial refund or credit for not being able to play for days?
Nope we dont, at least dont think we will

And yes using DX9
Commander
# 1084
11-17-2013, 02:13 AM
It's not DX9. Because I've tried DX10 and 11. Cryptic changed something with the graphics which is conflicting with a large variety of PC and Laptop systems. Since this conflict is impacting the graphics card, whether you have a built in version or stand-alone card, it's obvious that Cryptic screwed up, not bothering to try and fix this problem when it was reported on the test servers.

The devs need to remove the S8 patch and roll it back.
Republic Veteran
# 1085
11-17-2013, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
It's not DX9. Because I've tried DX10 and 11. Cryptic changed something with the graphics which is conflicting with a large variety of PC and Laptop systems. Since this conflict is impacting the graphics card, whether you have a built in version or stand-alone card, it's obvious that Cryptic screwed up, not bothering to try and fix this problem when it was reported on the test servers.

The devs need to remove the S8 patch and roll it back.
Roll back was a good idea when I first brought it up when we had the same problem on tribble, but didnt happen and wont happen here in this case as well as I think according to them its too late and players that can log in would loose stuff. Cant remember if that last part was right on what they said.

Also ive noticed that some of u get different Ticket number when u log in to normal and safe mode. But I keep getting the same on in both cases the 18897741 on normal and when i launch on safe mode.

Last edited by richardevega; 11-17-2013 at 02:22 AM.
Commander
# 1086
11-17-2013, 02:42 AM
Cryptic definitely has a problem with half of STO gamers able to log in with no problem and the other half stuck with no way to log in. I don't see Cryptic fixing this problem. I think they rolled the dice and decided that if they can't fix it, that they probably aren't going to bother to fix it.

This is going on five days now and no end in sight, no fix, and no daily updates on where they are.

Communication is definitely not a word in Cryptic's vocabulary. Because, if it was, they would be keeping us updated daily on where they are at. They don't seem to realize that keeping quiet is only fueling the anger at this moment.

I'm not criticizing Cryptic but this failure is worse than the failure of the Obamacare website.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by txspartan View Post

First, I like to say Congratulations on your wins at the
"The Second annual (Last 500), Most Amusing Posts Award's!"
and (with your new sig), giving me the first really good laugh of the day!
Good Morning to you too!

And to answer your question, the sto "agreement", is a no refund policy.
However, if you've paid with a credit card (I'd say anytime in the last month),
you should be able to call them (CC Company), and contest payment.
They are really very good about refunding bogus purchases.
(ie: A game that can't actually be played).
Same would apply if you've purchased a "Lifetime Membership" recently.

A few of those actions would probably do far more for getting the Fleets of Lepers back online than posting error codes here...you'd be speaking their native language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksharkulla View Post
107 pages and still nothing xD
I dont have the problem myself but...
How many of you are using directx 9 ?
DAMMIT darksharkulla, I'M AN AWARDS SHOW HOST NOT A MATHEMATICIAN!

Would you believe 643? Ya, that's the ticket...
643 dx9, 596 dx10, and 431 dx11.
(Based on my best guess of what percentage of people may or may not be using for os's)

Seriously though, the only way you can help your friend, is to let him login your
pc with his account so he can play. But BE WARNED...this close proximity to a
Fleet of Leper's member could cause infection to yourself. And there is no cure as of yet...
Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
Deceiver's Lair Fleet

Career Officer
# 1088
11-17-2013, 03:21 AM
All they are doing is making their customers look elsewhere with this lack of communication and progress with this problem. A problem that should have been fixed on Tribble.

I have to say SWTOR has been a very fun game these past few days. My starting character didn't get stuck in a tutorial quest. I didn't have the misfortune of being told by a customer service department that I have to DELETE my character.

Hope they fix this soon. LTS or not I'm losing interest.

Tex
Survivor of Romulus
# 1089
11-17-2013, 03:30 AM
Another ticket to add to my already enormous collection. I'm gonna need a new display cabinet if this continues for much longer.

Even the crash data collector is bugged now. Gave me an "unknown" for a ticket number before crashing itself a few moments later.

You know you're in trouble when your crash handler is crashing.

Fortunately Cryptic you'll be glad to know that besides from the hours spent trying to log in and the time spent trying to get even the most basic of responses I've kept mysef entertained.

On SWTOR. Laters.
Lieutenant
# 1090
11-17-2013, 04:09 AM
Ok ok i had to ask but ye...

Before the update half the ppl had a problem with the game , not being able ot ever run it full screen.

So for me that got fixed but for some of those that didnt have that problem , they have this now.

Well kinda sad Cryptic and PWE cant solve it for such a long time but ye. I guess my friend has 2 very bad options ...
Closed Thread