Lieutenant
# 41
11-17-2013, 04:19 PM
I like the DD too myself but why the hell isnt the D'kazanak class also available?

Last edited by skelet0rr; 11-17-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Career Officer
# 42
11-18-2013, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skelet0rr View Post
I like the DD too myself but why the hell isnt the D'kazanak class also available?
Probably because it's from a novel and nobody knows what the thing really looks like...and it was never produced beyond the prototype.
Commander
# 43
11-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skelet0rr View Post
Because its name sounds like a sneeze?

I kind of agree with the OP.

Regardless of whether the D'deridex is functional as it is, a significant portion of the fun to be derived from playing STO lies in flying around iconic Star Trek vessels. For those of us who started our Trekking with TNG or DS9, the D'deridex is THE Romulan ship. I've always loved its design and was drawn back to give STO a second chance because of it.

But.... it's a cruiser (not the most popular vessel choice) and personally I lean towards science ships. So that's a big loss of fun factor.

My fingers are crossed that the new science warbirds being developed draw inspiration from the D'deridex for their design (but not size!).
Captain
# 44
11-21-2013, 01:16 PM
They should use the talon class from ST legacy....
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-22-2013, 12:51 AM
Like how no one points out that Romulan Lobi ships have the command abilities lol...Perfectly fine with them not wanting to give it to Romulan ships as a whole, but then why give it to the tal shiar destroyer and cruiser? (Last I checked they had singularity cores too+abilities)

lol Idk find it funny, but regardless the D'd is a good ship even with the horrible turn rate (Talking Carrier bad lol)
Career Officer
# 46
11-22-2013, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsremnant View Post
Like how no one points out that Romulan Lobi ships have the command abilities lol...Perfectly fine with them not wanting to give it to Romulan ships as a whole, but then why give it to the tal shiar destroyer and cruiser? (Last I checked they had singularity cores too+abilities)

lol Idk find it funny, but regardless the D'd is a good ship even with the horrible turn rate (Talking Carrier bad lol)
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Tal_Shiar_A...Battle_Cruiser

I think you need to recheck, MA core , No singularly abilities
Captain
# 47
12-21-2013, 08:25 AM
i like the d'd too, i use 180 degrees cannons and beams, and i must say that this ship is very good, personally i don't need new stuff.

i use grav well and torpedoes spread 3, and the result is : wrecks lol

Last edited by sennahcherib; 12-21-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 48
12-22-2013, 09:08 PM
The D'D is pretty good, in a The-Scimitar-out-classes-it-at-everything sort of way.

Whatever you want to do with the D'D could be performed better by a Scim. DPS? Obviously. "But some of us want to tank in a game where pure dps can tank tactical cubes! you say." Sure, go ahead and play a Scim as it is as good a tank or better than the D'D when similarly configured. The only reason to bother with a D'D at this point is for the classical looks.

It's kind of like the Galaxy class. You like the iconic look. It isn't so much that it's "bad" ship either. It's just that when the alternatives are as good or better in every way it just becomes kind of irrelevant.
Captain
# 49
12-22-2013, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnikku View Post
Whatever you want to do with the D'D could be performed better by a Scim. DPS? Obviously. "But some of us want to tank in a game where pure dps can tank tactical cubes! you say." Sure, go ahead and play a Scim as it is as good a tank or better than the D'D when similarly configured.
None of the dreads are as good a tank as the fleet D'D. The fleet D'D also has a more flexible bridge layout, Cmdr engi with LtCmdr Sci and Tac--it can GW1 and TS3 and RSP3 all at once, scims cannot. Fleet D'D also has cruiser inertia (30) insetead of dread inertia (20). Its a different ship.

Galaxy should be given the D'D bridge layout

Last edited by ursusmorologus; 12-22-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Captain
# 50
12-23-2013, 05:07 AM
yes op, the dd is not a cruiser.
its a capital warship, maybe even verging on super-capital.

issue here is cryptic pulling turnrates out of the ether, leading to things like the scimitar & hafeh.

its not like its even as small an issue as explaining the difference in agility between a prometheus & dacota.
Cryptic.
Figure out and address the players path of least resistance to reward. this one thing is THE consistent factor undermining all your efforts. by that crafting, raids or starbase projects.