Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Captain
# 31
11-18-2013, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
How about leave them alone? The Dyson rep, for your first character takes 40 tokens to run to T5. Omega can be done in 18 ISE runs. Romulan in 4 Epohhs raised. Nukara, just pick it up as a side benefit whenever the Crystalline Event rolls around. This new format requires twice the grind of the old ones, and given that choice I'd rather deal with commodities.
How is it twice the grind? In ONE mission i can start my 20-hour. Pick up marks as i please to get 5 majiggers for days i only have time to log on, and good god i am so thankful at the removal of expertise needed on Dyson, that drives me nuts with the other three.
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Survivor of Romulus
# 32
11-18-2013, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnshadow27 View Post
How is it twice the grind? In ONE mission i can start my 20-hour. Pick up marks as i please to get 5 majiggers for days i only have time to log on, and good god i am so thankful at the removal of expertise needed on Dyson, that drives me nuts with the other three.
oh its still there....just for the hourly projects....but im glad they made it pure EC now instead of precious items....

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 33
11-18-2013, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnshadow27 View Post
Because buying those extra tokens costs 350 for 5, so 70 marks each, more than twice as much as any of the other reps. And even a good run of The Breach doesn't reward 70, so 1.9-or-so days per run at most, plus dealing with that stupid 20-hour timer. ISE gives you up to 90, plus sometimes bonus extra, and running an Omega project costs 30 or so (depending on tier), so you're getting 3 days for one run, and you can repeat it a couple times a day. And ISE (or CSE, or KSE) is a lot shorter to run besides. All that adds up to take at least twice as much actual play time required for Dyson as for any of the others.

On the expertise problem.....maybe doff more or something? I'm averaging 5 million surplus per toon and wish there was more use for it all.
Captain
# 34
11-18-2013, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Because buying those extra tokens costs 350 for 5, so 70 marks each, more than twice as much as any of the other reps. And even a good run of The Breach doesn't reward 70, so 1.9-or-so days per run at most, plus dealing with that stupid 20-hour timer. ISE gives you up to 90, plus sometimes bonus extra, and running an Omega project costs 30 or so (depending on tier), so you're getting 3 days for one run, and you can repeat it a couple times a day. And ISE (or CSE, or KSE) is a lot shorter to run besides. All that adds up to take at least twice as much actual play time required for Dyson as for any of the others.

On the expertise problem.....maybe doff more or something? I'm averaging 5 million surplus per toon and wish there was more use for it all.
Dyson can be run in 40 days running the large project only. You can shave 3 days off if you run the small project 50 times (or 1000 dyson marks), for a total of 37 days.

By comparison, Omega/Romulus/Nukara reputation can be earned in 36 days, with 35 of the 2k mission and 36 of the 800 mission.

If you can handle ESTF Omega you can get 80+ marks a day in 10 minutes. And by the end of the 36 days your net mark income is 1000-1500 units. With the Tier 5 rep reward you should be able to buy an entire secondary set, ground set, or most of a space set. And that's only running one the ESTF per day.

New Romulus wasn't worth participating in, save for Epohh tagging where you can pull in more marks/minute than Omega if you can tag well (with or without crit on the dailies). You can run the Epohh portion for a month and collect enough marks (by selling Epohh) to top off the reputation.

Nukara is by far the worst with contempt seething from the payout schedule of the various activities available. You'll probably spend 30+ minutes just collecting the marks for the reputation assignments.

Dyson Sphere has MPD. It tries to be as terrible as Nukara while letting us keep the marks by focusing everything on a 2.5k project. The problem is, it's a toss up as to whether or not you receive the commendation for activity as apparently Borg prototype salvage, er, pardon, neural receivers... oh wait I mean Voth Cybernetic implants drop in place of the commendation (on space maps). So you may end up spending an hour watching people camp a shuttle bay because they can't be bothered to cover two lanes.

The reputation system has a bigger problem though, it's the reason why we have to spend weeks grinding marks and Dilithium to obtain enough virtual currency to buy a single piece of equipment OR worse, the "privilege to buy it" (as per the pre-DSJC reputation where some genius decided 180 marks + other items = the "right to buy garbage for one character.")

Cryptic needs to undo at least that part. Getting rid of the "salvage for items" was the biggest mistake they made.
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
11-20-2013, 05:12 AM
I disagree.

Doing the battle zone and getting all 3 v rexes nets me about 80 marks. its as repeatable as I like since I can just switch zones and maybe catch another near completion.

On top of that you get 480 dil for each v rex and a 2500 dil reward for getting all 3. then each capture point you take grants you at least 10 marks ontop of marks for completing dailys.

In one play session I earned 1000 marks and 19000 dil.

This rep is way better than the others. still work but I always feel rewarded for my work.

I say retrofit the others, more people will feel compelled to do them
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Career Officer
# 36
11-20-2013, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
In one play session I earned 1000 marks and 19000 dil.
^this is the key! The new rep works vary simular to the old rep. One nice difference is the dil. store is an automatic unlock. The other part is the high mark output. It gives out more than Omega even. With the mark flow being so high you stop feeling like you are being force to repeat content repeatedly just to progress and end up playing the content more because it's fun and you WANT to. An example is this is the New Rom adventure zone and the def. aventure zone. Both are fun if I go in just to play after I've completed the rep tied to that zone. But when fishing for marks they just don't put out enough and it stops being fun to me.

Check out my ideas for the game here
First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-F
First., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon Wolf
Wolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite

Last edited by o0kami87; 11-20-2013 at 09:07 AM.