Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 101
# 501
11-03-2013, 05:53 AM
So this morning, I disabled the account protection thing and retried and got this


Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms homeportal [***********]
2 22 ms 22 ms 21 ms loop0.63w.ba11.hlfx.ns.aliant.net [142.176.50.11
]
3 31 ms 21 ms 22 ms BE7-84.cr01.hlfx.ns.aliant.net [142.176.53.50]
4 34 ms 34 ms 49 ms be5.bx01.nycm.ny.aliant.net [207.231.227.90]
5 40 ms 38 ms 39 ms nyk-b5-link.telia.net [213.248.83.181]
6 46 ms 45 ms 46 ms te0-0-0-18.ccr21.jfk07.atlas.cogentco.com [154.5
4.11.69]
7 44 ms 45 ms * be2059.mpd22.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.1.
221]
8 50 ms 51 ms 49 ms be2094.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.30
.14]
9 51 ms 50 ms 49 ms te3-2.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.
130]
10 51 ms 53 ms 51 ms 38.111.40.114
11 49 ms 51 ms 49 ms 208.95.185.41

Trace complete.

C:\Windows\system32>

Looks better.. but still the patcher isn't working and... nettest is stalling at port 80 *sigh*
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 18
Hi,

My location is Adelaide, Australia.

Tracert below:


C:\Windows\system32>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms 10.206.128.1
3 16 ms 9 ms 9 ms 58.160.24.65
4 9 ms 8 ms 9 ms te6-3.agg2.fli.bigpond.net.au [58.160.27.250]
5 21 ms 22 ms 10 ms 172.18.242.105
6 17 ms 10 ms 11 ms bundle-ether10.way33.waymouth.telstra.net [139.1
30.5.125]
7 10 ms 10 ms 11 ms bundle-ether4.way-core4.adelaide.telstra.net [20
3.50.11.85]
8 24 ms 26 ms 23 ms bundle-ether9.exi-core1.melbourne.telstra.net [2
03.50.11.93]
9 40 ms 38 ms 39 ms bundle-ether12.chw-core2.sydney.telstra.net [203
.50.11.74]
10 665 ms 43 ms 43 ms bundle-ether1.oxf-gw2.sydney.telstra.net [203.50
.6.90]
11 43 ms 39 ms 38 ms 203.50.13.130
12 48 ms 42 ms 40 ms i-0-2-0-6.sydo-core02.bi.telstraglobal.net [202.
84.223.46]
13 181 ms 182 ms 182 ms i-0-2-0-2.1wlt-core01.bx.telstraglobal.net [202.
84.140.21]
14 184 ms 181 ms 184 ms i-0-4-0-0.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net [202.84.25
1.174]
15 184 ms 186 ms 183 ms cogent-peer.eqla01.pr.telstraglobal.net [134.159
.63.198]
16 182 ms 184 ms 182 ms be2179.ccr22.lax01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.41
.81]
17 215 ms 223 ms 217 ms be2067.mpd21.iah01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.7.
161]
18 232 ms 233 ms 235 ms be2174.mpd21.atl01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.29
.201]
19 248 ms 244 ms 243 ms be2171.mpd22.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.31
.110]
20 248 ms 248 ms 250 ms be2151.mpd22.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.40
.74]
21 254 ms 251 ms 254 ms be2094.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.30
.14]
22 255 ms 257 ms 255 ms te3-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.
134]
23 259 ms 254 ms 266 ms 38.111.40.114
24 309 ms 277 ms 255 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]


Trace complete.


And nettest below:

contacting nettest server..
Local IP: 101.166.33.122
Ping: 250.1 msec
Port: 80: 173 KB/sec 5 KB/sec 182 KB/sec 500
Port: 80: 54 KB/sec 2 KB/sec 57 KB/sec 500
Port: 443: 148 KB/sec 3 KB/sec 156 KB/sec 500
Port: 443: 147 KB/sec 4 KB/sec 156 KB/sec 500
Port: 7255: 154 KB/sec 4 KB/sec 162 KB/sec 500
Port: 7255: 154 KB/sec 4 KB/sec 163 KB/sec 500
Port: 7003: 174 KB/sec 4 KB/sec 184 KB/sec 500
Port: 7003: 154 KB/sec 4 KB/sec 162 KB/sec 500
Port: 7202: 47 KB/sec 2 KB/sec 51 KB/sec 500
Port: 7202: 154 KB/sec 4 KB/sec 164 KB/sec 500
Port: 7499: 82 KB/sec 2 KB/sec 86 KB/sec 500
Port: 7499: 164 KB/sec 4 KB/sec 173 KB/sec 500
Port: 80: 128 KB/sec 2 KB/sec 135 KB/sec 500
Idle NIC bandwidth Send: 0 KB/sec Recv: 1 KB/sec
hit return to exit


And finally, a speedtest.net result from my city to the US west coast (Frost Gaming Server)

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3096390212.png

Any thing that you can recommend would be greatly appreciated.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 36
# 503
11-18-2013, 02:21 PM
Okay, I'm suffering seriously bad rubberbanding very frequently. Here's my tracert:

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms Wireless_Broadband_Router.home [192.168.1.1]
2 7 ms 8 ms 9 ms L100.WASHDC-VFTTP-93.verizon-gni.net [173.66.179
.1]
3 12 ms 9 ms 14 ms G0-12-4-3.WASHDC-LCR-21.verizon-gni.net [130.81.
184.34]
4 15 ms 10 ms 11 ms so-7-1-0-0.RES-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net [130.81.1
99.30]
5 23 ms 24 ms 26 ms 0.ae1.XL3.BOS4.ALTER.NET [140.222.226.13]
6 33 ms 23 ms 23 ms 0.xe-10-2-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.138]

7 29 ms 28 ms 28 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]

8 581 ms 33 ms 25 ms border11.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.4
1]
9 92 ms 64 ms 81 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.
61.78]
10 64 ms 61 ms 62 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

And here's my nettest:


contacting nettest server..
Local IP: 71.163.250.183
Ping: 103.5 msec
Port: 80: 120 KB/sec 5 KB/sec 131 KB/sec 500
Port: 80: 279 KB/sec 10 KB/sec 296 KB/sec 500
Port: 443: 102 KB/sec 4 KB/sec 113 KB/sec 500
Port: 443: 115 KB/sec 6 KB/sec 124 KB/sec 500
Port: 7255: 158 KB/sec 7 KB/sec 168 KB/sec 500
Port: 7255: 498 KB/sec 18 KB/sec 529 KB/sec 500
Port: 7003: 167 KB/sec 9 KB/sec 191 KB/sec 500
Port: 7003: 446 KB/sec 18 KB/sec 474 KB/sec 500
Port: 7202: 203 KB/sec 11 KB/sec 232 KB/sec 500
Port: 7202: 281 KB/sec 13 KB/sec 323 KB/sec 500
Port: 7499: 963 KB/sec 31 KB/sec 1019 KB/sec 500
Port: 7499: 891 KB/sec 28 KB/sec 941 KB/sec 500
Port: 80: 567 KB/sec 19 KB/sec 601 KB/sec 500
Idle NIC bandwidth Send: 1 KB/sec Recv: 0 KB/sec
hit return to exit

My service provider is Verizon and I'm in Northern Virginia. I was on the phone with them earlier and everything is hunky-dory. So... what now?
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
# 504
11-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyristykin View Post
Okay, I'm suffering seriously bad rubberbanding very frequently. Here's my tracert:

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms Wireless_Broadband_Router.home [192.168.1.1]
2 7 ms 8 ms 9 ms L100.WASHDC-VFTTP-93.verizon-gni.net [173.66.179
.1]
3 12 ms 9 ms 14 ms G0-12-4-3.WASHDC-LCR-21.verizon-gni.net [130.81.
184.34]
4 15 ms 10 ms 11 ms so-7-1-0-0.RES-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net [130.81.1
99.30]
5 23 ms 24 ms 26 ms 0.ae1.XL3.BOS4.ALTER.NET [140.222.226.13]
6 33 ms 23 ms 23 ms 0.xe-10-2-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.138]

7 29 ms 28 ms 28 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]

8 581 ms 33 ms 25 ms border11.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.4
1]
9 92 ms 64 ms 81 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.
61.78]
10 64 ms 61 ms 62 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

And here's my nettest:


contacting nettest server..
Local IP: 71.163.250.183
Ping: 103.5 msec
Port: 80: 120 KB/sec 5 KB/sec 131 KB/sec 500
Port: 80: 279 KB/sec 10 KB/sec 296 KB/sec 500
Port: 443: 102 KB/sec 4 KB/sec 113 KB/sec 500
Port: 443: 115 KB/sec 6 KB/sec 124 KB/sec 500
Port: 7255: 158 KB/sec 7 KB/sec 168 KB/sec 500
Port: 7255: 498 KB/sec 18 KB/sec 529 KB/sec 500
Port: 7003: 167 KB/sec 9 KB/sec 191 KB/sec 500
Port: 7003: 446 KB/sec 18 KB/sec 474 KB/sec 500
Port: 7202: 203 KB/sec 11 KB/sec 232 KB/sec 500
Port: 7202: 281 KB/sec 13 KB/sec 323 KB/sec 500
Port: 7499: 963 KB/sec 31 KB/sec 1019 KB/sec 500
Port: 7499: 891 KB/sec 28 KB/sec 941 KB/sec 500
Port: 80: 567 KB/sec 19 KB/sec 601 KB/sec 500
Idle NIC bandwidth Send: 1 KB/sec Recv: 0 KB/sec
hit return to exit

My service provider is Verizon and I'm in Northern Virginia. I was on the phone with them earlier and everything is hunky-dory. So... what now?

Do a pathping to 8 581 ms 33 ms 25 ms border11.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.4
1]

however the problem is there.
2 mins preview My 1st Foundry mission Cube 571 Coming Dec 24 Trailer
Short 10 sec trailer for Cube 571

The one good thing about being Borg you never need tech-support
Before you post in the STO tech support forum
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,199
# 505
11-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyristykin View Post
Okay, I'm suffering seriously bad rubberbanding very frequently. Here's my tracert:...

My service provider is Verizon and I'm in Northern Virginia. I was on the phone with them earlier and everything is hunky-dory. So... what now?
You should post your Trace Route results in the Networking section of the PWE Tech Support site, so that PWE IT people can do some kicking on their end to try to get this fixed...

http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 188
# 506
11-19-2013, 11:45 PM
I get lag and rubber-banding as well:

TRACERT:
Quote:
C:\Users\Authorized User>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms 1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 23 ms 15 ms 22 ms cpe-173-89-160-1.neo.res.rr.com [173.89.160.1]
3 13 ms 12 ms 13 ms gig4-4.genvoh1-rtr1.neo.rr.com [24.164.115.45]
4 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms tge1-5.ashtoh1-swt401.neo.rr.com [24.164.115.160
]
5 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms tge10-1.clvhoh1-rtr2.neo.rr.com [24.164.117.144]

6 15 ms 14 ms 16 ms tge0-8-0-13.clevohek02r.midwest.rr.com [24.164.9
6.79]
7 16 ms 19 ms 18 ms be25.clevohek01r.midwest.rr.com [65.29.1.32]
8 24 ms 24 ms 23 ms ae10-0.cr0.dca20.tbone.rr.com [107.14.19.14]
9 21 ms 21 ms 21 ms 66.109.1.47
10 22 ms 21 ms 20 ms te0-13-0-23.ccr41.iad02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.
54.13.157]
11 22 ms 22 ms 23 ms be2113.mpd21.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.
170]
12 29 ms 30 ms 31 ms be2149.ccr22.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.31
.126]
13 34 ms 41 ms 35 ms be2095.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.30
.38]
14 36 ms 35 ms 36 ms te4-2.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.25
4]
15 36 ms 33 ms 34 ms 38.111.40.114
16 33 ms 34 ms 34 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]


Trace complete.
NETTEST:

Quote:
contacting nettest server..
Local IP: 173.89.167.41
Ping: 35.8 msec
Port: 80: 1180 KB/sec 32 KB/sec 1255 KB/sec 500
Port: 80: 1136 KB/sec 28 KB/sec 1203 KB/sec 500
Port: 443: 986 KB/sec 22 KB/sec 1048 KB/sec 500
Port: 443: 872 KB/sec 20 KB/sec 922 KB/sec 500
Port: 7255: 1008 KB/sec 27 KB/sec 1076 KB/sec 500
Port: 7255: 1038 KB/sec 25 KB/sec 1103 KB/sec 500
Port: 7003: 920 KB/sec 19 KB/sec 977 KB/sec 500
Port: 7003: 1018 KB/sec 24 KB/sec 1080 KB/sec 500
Port: 7202: 906 KB/sec 21 KB/sec 960 KB/sec 500
Port: 7202: 871 KB/sec 19 KB/sec 967 KB/sec 500
Port: 7499: 980 KB/sec 24 KB/sec 1037 KB/sec 500
Port: 7499: 1031 KB/sec 28 KB/sec 1095 KB/sec 500
Port: 80: 863 KB/sec 22 KB/sec 912 KB/sec 500
Idle NIC bandwidth Send: 1 KB/sec Recv: 1 KB/sec
hit return to exit
I think, according to the tracert result, I should have a good connection. But I still get lag and rubber-banding. I even went as far as uninstalling and reinstalling STO. Still lags after a while.

I can't make heads or tails of it. = /

My service provider, I believe, is Time Warner Cable, and my location is in Madison, Ohio.
Also, I'm using both a hard cable and wifi connection.
View My gallery at http://captricosakara.deviantart.com


"Hit Me Back, Just to Chat!"
-Stan

Last edited by ricosakara; 11-19-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,199
# 507
11-20-2013, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricosakara View Post
I get lag and rubber-banding as well:
...
I think, according to the tracert result, I should have a good connection. But I still get lag and rubber-banding. I even went as far as uninstalling and reinstalling STO. Still lags after a while.

I can't make heads or tails of it. = /

My service provider, I believe, is Time Warner Cable, and my location is in Madison, Ohio.
Also, I'm using both a hard cable and wifi connection.
Unfortunately, neither Trace Route, nor the Cryptic 'Net Test' utility are good tools for detecting packet drop. And silently dropped packets is most likely the cause of your symptoms.

The Microsoft pathping utility from the command prompt may do a better job at this...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 188
# 508
11-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
Unfortunately, neither Trace Route, nor the Cryptic 'Net Test' utility are good tools for detecting packet drop. And silently dropped packets is most likely the cause of your symptoms.

The Microsoft pathping utility from the command prompt may do a better job at this...
silently dropped packets? what are those, and how do I deal with this problem? How do I use a pathping utility on the prompt?
View My gallery at http://captricosakara.deviantart.com


"Hit Me Back, Just to Chat!"
-Stan
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,199
# 509
11-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricosakara View Post
silently dropped packets? what are those, and how do I deal with this problem? How do I use a pathping utility on the prompt?
'pathping' is very much like the 'tracert' utility. you can follow the same instructions as 'tracert', but use 'pathping' instead...

Now there isn't anything you can really do about 'dropped packets' (packets that are lost, or thrown away during transmission...) as this is a ISP issue. But the 'pathping' should be able to show who's to blame for the problem, and if its the Cogent backbone that's causing, you can forward the information to Cryptic/PWE so they can deal with it. If its not Cogent, then you can complain to your ISP to fix it...

But you have to know who's the responsible party is first, before you can do any of this...
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
# 510
11-20-2013, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricosakara View Post

My service provider, I believe, is Time Warner Cable, and my location is in Madison, Ohio.
Also, I'm using both a hard cable and wifi connection.
Yep Time warner cable

IP address 173.89.160.0
Hostname cpe-173-89-160-0.neo.res.rr.com
Area code (US Only) 440
Metropolitan Area (US Only) Cleveland-Akron (Canton) OH
City Geneva
State/Province OH
Country United States
ISP Time Warner Cable
Organisation Time Warner Cable

Up-to-date? Yes, IP Address information is less than 3 months old.

Tools - Whois information for IP address 173.89.160.0
- Convert 173.89.160.0 to an IPv6 address
2 mins preview My 1st Foundry mission Cube 571 Coming Dec 24 Trailer
Short 10 sec trailer for Cube 571

The one good thing about being Borg you never need tech-support
Before you post in the STO tech support forum

Last edited by smokinssoulmate; 11-20-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:27 PM.