Lt. Commander
Not sure if anyone else has started to experience this, but when in fleet actions with lots of mobs (e.g. Starbase 24) firing at the same time I'm getting stuttering in the sound. If only a few ships are present it does not happen. This would suggest some sort of lag, but I'm not experiencing any graphics lag.

Not sure when this started exactly as I've been doing a lot of Dyson Sphere stuff, but it definitely wasn't doing this before Season 8.
Commander
# 2
11-18-2013, 09:39 PM
It started with the season 8 patch. Hope they're working on a fix.
Captain
# 3
11-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genemorph View Post
Not sure if anyone else has started to experience this, but when in fleet actions with lots of mobs (e.g. Starbase 24) firing at the same time I'm getting stuttering in the sound. If only a few ships are present it does not happen. This would suggest some sort of lag, but I'm not experiencing any graphics lag.

Not sure when this started exactly as I've been doing a lot of Dyson Sphere stuff, but it definitely wasn't doing this before Season 8.
Yeah I have been getting it too. In Starbase 24 as you hasve said and also in Crystaline Entity aswell.
Live long and Prosper
Ensign
# 4
11-19-2013, 07:28 AM
I'm seeing this as well, on any space map with mass combat (large numbers of ships/mobs)

Along with the sound stuttering, I'm seeing a great deal of lag during the combat, and after any battle where this comes up, my sound (in the game) is borked until I exit the game and reload via the launcher.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
11-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genemorph View Post

Yep i hear it as well, even reported it but still no fix yet

Weapons sound choppy since Season 8 Patch
I even haz a video showing the game and how it sounds
<a href=http://www.facebook.com/at.cakuzma target=_blank>Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page</a>
Real Join Date: 2009
Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page

Last edited by shailat; 11-20-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Lieutenant
# 6
01-31-2014, 04:39 AM
I was fine till this morning. now my sound is skipping like crazy. checked every other game..its just star trek. I want to shoot myself due to the frustration I've experienced since this update. Why hype it so much if you know its going to fall flat on its face on deployment?
Republic Veteran
# 7
01-31-2014, 05:36 AM
Having this problem aswell but evrywhere and randomly nto jsut fleet actions
Career Officer
# 8
02-02-2014, 12:55 PM
There's probably just too much going on at once for the game to handle it. I wouldn't be surprised if the game has an effective upper limit on the number of simultaneous sounds and you're running into it, since it tends to only be an issue on maps with more than your typical five maximum.